Difference between these camera bundles?

Shikibara

So, I'm looking into buying one of these 2 camera bundles, but I've no clue what the real difference between these 2 are and why one has a list price of $1,400 and the other $999 (I'm no camera expert)

http://www.amazon.com/Rebel-T6i-Camera-Definition-Telephoto/dp/B00W8FN03Y/ref=sr_1_5?s=photo&ie=UTF8&qid=1446705303&sr=1-5&keywords=eos+rebel+t6i+bundle&refinements=p_n_feature_two_browse-bin%3A10705382011%2Cp_36%3A50000-80000

http://www.amazon.com/T6i-Digital-18-55mm-Telephoto-Microphone/dp/B0128UPWQQ/ref=sr_1_10?s=photo&ie=UTF8&qid=1446705303&sr=1-10&keywords=eos+rebel+t6i+bundle&refinements=p_n_feature_two_browse-bin%3A10705382011%2Cp_36%3A50000-80000

So what is the actual difference? why is one's list price more than the other? They both look basically the same from my unprofessional eye.

And if you're gunna say "this is overkill" or "that's too much for that camera, I suggest this one instead" get out, I chose this camera already because it suits my needs, if I wanted a lesser quality camera, I'd get one, and in all honesty, I would rather a Blackmagic URSA 4,6k, but I can't afford that, so shoo. I only want replies giving details on why they are different.

Check out my YouTube: youtube.com/user/rykuudisaga

>no camera expert

>get a 1000$ camera set

i prefer getting the 1K set

When I say not an expert, I can operate a camera and know the techniques to get the best quality, I just don't know all the technical stuff or differences between manufacturers and such.

When I say not an expert, I can operate a camera and know the techniques to get the best quality, I just don't know all the technical stuff or differences between manufacturers and such.

get the 1.4K it has more stuff

Key Switches Guide | LLT Beginner Guide | GPU TDP & Power Consumption Explained | PSU Tier

s a d b o y s 2 0 0 1

Don't buy these camera bundles they come with the cheapest lowest quality crap.

Get yourself an entry level dslr memory card bag and tripod and go from there with things as you need (don't even bother with a tripod if your stuff is gonna be daylight hours.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Don't buy these camera bundles they come with the cheapest lowest quality crap.

Get yourself an entry level dslr memory card bag and tripod and go from there with things as you need (don't even bother with a tripod if your stuff is gonna be daylight hours.

As I said, I've done enough research to know this is the camera I need. I don't need an "entry level" camera, quality isn't good enough for what I am doing. I know the proper practices and techniques of making videos and taking pictures as I've been doing that for about 7 years with my dad's cameras and I've had plenty of practice. I just don't know the finer details of certain things like the real difference between these 2 bundles.

As I said, I've done enough research to know this is the camera I need. I don't need an "entry level" camera, quality isn't good enough for what I am doing. I know the proper practices and techniques of making videos and taking pictures as I've been doing that for about 7 years with my dad's cameras and I've had plenty of practice. I just don't know the finer details of certain things like the real difference between these 2 bundles.

Fine get whatever camera you want. Don't but it in one of these bundles though.

There is a reason they are deliberately vauge as fuck about them.

Also not to be the barer of bad news but the t6i is fairly entry level.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

The t6i is a good entry level camera. I would advise against getting a bundle though. The stuff they give you in the bundles are junk and are basically useless. Also, between the two links you listed, both cameras are identical. The model is the t6i. the bundles are just a bit different. The only bundle i would get would be this one. other than that, i would just get the normal kit. and invest in a decent tripod. The ones that come with the bundles are the biggest peices of crap you can ever come across.

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-Creator-18-55mm-VIDEOMIC-Sandisk/dp/B0125ULM40/ref=sr_1_1?s=photo&ie=UTF8&qid=1446707497&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=eos+rebel+t6i&psc=1

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Fine get whatever camera you want. Don't but it in one of these bundles though.

There is a reason they are deliberately vauge as fuck about them.

Also not to be the barer of bad news but the t6i us fairly entry level.

I meant entry level as in the t2i xD that's what several people told me I should get when I got cross checking on this camera, I'm just annoyed by them. I just have a $1k budget to put into a camera and shotgun microphone, I'm getting the Videomic pro (the go doesn't give good enough quality).

The t6i is a good entry level camera. I would advise against getting a bundle though. The stuff they give you in the bundles are junk and are basically useless. Also, between the two links you listed, both cameras are identical. The model is the t6i. the bundles are just a bit different. The only bundle i would get would be this one. other than that, i would just get the normal kit. and invest in a decent tripod. The ones that come with the bundles are the biggest peices of crap you can ever come across.

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-Creator-18-55mm-VIDEOMIC-Sandisk/dp/B0125ULM40/ref=sr_1_1?s=photo&ie=UTF8&qid=1446707497&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=eos+rebel+t6i&psc=1

are bundles really that bad? :/ 

I meant entry level as in the t2i xD that's what several people told me I should get when I got cross checking on this camera, I'm just annoyed by them. I just have a $1k budget to put into a camera and shotgun microphone, I'm getting the Videomic pro (the go doesn't give good enough quality).

WEll that would just be dumb, they are out of dated, yes dont do that.

As for bundles we get people asking about these things literally on a month to month basis, im in canada so the $ value is different.  But from what I can tell they are selling these bundles pretty much just a smidge more then the body and kit lens.

when I can easily drop $100 on a quality memory card you gotta wonder what kinda stuff they put in these vague bundles. 

System Specs

The memory cards and some accessories in the bundles are fine, but both bundles come with a crappy tripod.  Lexar is a good memory card brand.  The wireless remotes should be OK.  Not certain about the quality of the two polaroid wide angle and telephoto lens, they're not something I would personally use.  I wouldn't use the color filters either.  The flash seems to be something I would consider pretty basic.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

yeah, i made the mistake of getting a bundle with my t5i. Everything was very low quality (except the camera of course) The stuff they throw in those bundles are really just the cheapest stuff they can find.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

The memory cards and some accessories in the bundles are fine, but both bundles come with a crappy tripod.

id even be sketch out cheap memory card. I bought one once since I just needed more storage since I went to shooting raw and had an all day racing event to go too. The card actually ended up chipping and jamming into the slot of my d40.

Could of been a fluke but all my Sandisk cards look like they say I bought em.

System Specs

id even be sketch out cheap memory card. I bought one once since I just needed more storage since I went to shooting raw and had an all day racing event to go too. The card actually ended up chipping and jamming into the slot of my d40.

Could of been a fluke but all my Sandisk cards look like they say I bought em.

The two bundles the OP listed come with Lexar cards, it's a good brand.  Wireless remote shutter releases are wireless remote shutter releases, no need to buy a more expensive Canon version.  It's just an IR remote.  But yes, aside from the Lexar cards and the wireless remote, everything else in the bundles appear to be cheap stuff.

@OP

The tripods that come in both bundles are going to be something you'd use for a short while then replace with something much better.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

yeah, i made the mistake of getting a bundle with my t5i. Everything was very low quality (except the camera of course) The stuff they throw in those bundles are really just the cheapest stuff they can find.

So you think from the link you gave me, the plain 18-55mm with power bundle is a good deal? I don't need the video creator as I'm getting the pro version of the videomic (I listened to multiple comparison videos, and the pro is what I'm needing)

So you think from the link you gave me, the plain 18-55mm with power bundle is a good deal? I don't need the video creator as I'm getting the pro version of the videomic (I listened to multiple comparison videos, and the pro is what I'm needing)

from the looks of it, the power bundle is pretty good. comes with a decent tripod too. The extra battery will be nice to have too.

from the looks of it, the power bundle is pretty good. comes with a decent tripod too. The extra battery will be nice to have too.

Ok, that might be what I get once I get my budget ^_^ thanks for the help!

I would also advice against buying any of those two bundles listed in your original post, for the same reasons everyone here already listed.

"that's too much for that camera, I suggest this one instead"

Hah! I doubt you will ever hear any of us who are into photography/video here say that :P

If you haven't purchased any of those Amazon bundles yet, here is another bundle on B&H.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1171557-REG/canon_0591c024_eos_t6i_cam_w_18_55.html

I would also advice against buying any of those two bundles listed in your original post, for the same reasons everyone here already listed.

Hah! I doubt you will ever hear any of us who are into photography/video here say that :P

Glad to hear that xD I keep hearing people say "sure it's objectively better, but it's over priced" for things on computers parts. I'm like "If I wanted to know why the lesser product was better for the price, then I would have asked that", especially since this is all off free budget money xP

If you haven't purchased any of those Amazon bundles yet, here is another bundle on B&H.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1171557-REG/canon_0591c024_eos_t6i_cam_w_18_55.html

As mentioned before, I don't need the videomic go, I need the pro's superior quality. and no, I haven't gotten the money yet xP still waiting for the provider of the budget to give it it's vendor number.

As mentioned before, I don't need the videomic go, I need the pro's superior quality. and no, I haven't gotten the money yet xP still waiting for the provider of the budget to give it it's vendor number.

Actually the GO is better than you think

Either way I think you should get a field audio recorder and not use the camera - even a cheap zoom h1 will record better audio from the videomic than having it directly connected to the camera

DSLR pre-amps are basically satan

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Ok, I forgot you mentioned that.

So I know OP specifically asked to for no suggestions, but since the camera is pretty new I still think you should at least check out the Panasonic G7.  About $750-800 for base model with 14-42 kit lens, it can do 4k at 100mbps, has tons of useful video features not found natively on Canon's DSLR's, and it even has decent preamps. 

Personally I swiched from the Canon T3i to the Panasonic G7 and so far I've been happy with it.

Actually the GO is better than you think

Either way I think you should get a field audio recorder and not use the camera - even a cheap zoom h1 will record better audio from the videomic than having it directly connected to the camera

DSLR pre-amps are basically satan

As ShadowCaptain said, whether you use the Go or the Videomic Pro, if the in-camera pre-amps are of low quality or not really up to the task, the recorded audio will sound the same though of course they will still be better than the in-camera microphones.

An external pre-amp or field audio recorder will always do a better job.

@ShadowCaptain, while I also consider the Go to be a good quality mic, it requires the camera to supply power.  So it may not work with every camera model that does not supply power via the mini-jack.  That may be an inconvenience for some people.

@ShadowCaptain, while I also consider the Go to be a good quality mic, it requires the camera to supply power.  So it may not work with every camera model that does not supply power via the mini-jack.  That may be an inconvenience for some people.

True you raise a good point though plug in power is very much a standard on modern cameras, so it shouldn't effect TOO many people

here is a quote from Rode's page

"Plug-in power has long been a standard for camera manufacturers, and so the VideoMic GO is compatible with the vast majority of cameras in the market. so it seems 99% of cameras should run it just fine,

Regardless, you should ALWAYS check compatibility for any devices you purchase, as sometimes manufacturers do weird stuff

The following cameras unfortunately do not support the VideoMic GO:
Nikon D7000
Canon T3/1100D
Canon C100, C300, C500
Canon VIXIA HFR500
Canon VIXIA HFG20, HFG30
Canon XA-10
Canon Vixia G10
Canon Legria HF G25"

If anybody with a C500 used a video mic go I think they should go home

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii