AMD R9 390 Brand

Fireball88

Sapphire, XFX, or MSI in that order. IMHO
Nitro is great by sapphire

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

MSI

I have grown a distrust for Sapphire

post-95785-0-30340800-1446692631.png

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

What are the difference between both. Pros and Cons.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1561704/official-amd-r9-390-390x-owners-club

MSI has been the best overclocker, Sapphire runs the coolest.

XFX= Full cover waterblock available. Good clockers usually, and cooling is sufficient for core, but not stellar, and VRM's tend to get hot

Sapphire=SEMI-COVER waterblocks are now available from Alphacool!!! Not to mention this card has excellent air cooling. Require 8+8 pin connectors versus 8+6. Some would prefer that, in hopes of obtaining higher OC results, but unfortunately OC results so far on the Nitro and Tri-X are only mediocre-good

Gigabyte= No waterblocks. Well built card, decent cooling, but the voltage is hard locked, so expect clock ceiling to be very limited... most likely 1100 or less.

PowerColor= Offers full cover waterblocks, and also has excellent air cooling, but so far there have only been weak-mediocre-ish overclocking results. 1150 or less on the core seems to be the norm, with most landing between 1130-1140, even despite it's excellent cooling.

MSI= SEMI-COVER waterblocks are now available from Alphacool!! Stock air cooling is good but not great with regards to the core temps, but seems to be very good for the VRM temps. So far, these seem to have the best overclocking results. Most poeople hitting 1160-1200

Asus= (DCU2) Full cover block available. Not much info on these, but theyappears to use the same cooler as the 290 series, which was a poor performing cooler. I have seen very few purchasing the Asus card. Overclock results seem to be average so far, but have very little data to make a general claim.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

What are the difference between both. Pros and Cons.

Sapphire Nitro: better cooler, better performance, better looking.

MSI: customer service, though I've never had to contact Sapphire's. But MSI has rocking customer service

If anyone asks you never saw me.

That Google screenshot doesn't show much of relevance(two of the links are over 5 years old). 

Take a look at their forums

EDIT: whats up between you and GG23?

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

MSI: customer service, though I've never had to contact Sapphire's. But MSI has rocking customer service

*smirks* Care to back that up?

The largest tabulated data set on these cards indicates that BY FAR the MSI card is the best overclocker and the Sapphire is middle of the pack. But it is the coolest for sure.

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

*smirks* Care to back that up?

The largest tabulated data set on these cards indicates that BY FAR the MSI card is the best overclocker and the Sapphire is middle of the pack. But it is the coolest for sure.

Sure, check out my score on the Firestike spread sheet.

And I have a 290 as a second card, not a 290x. That's in there wrong

Overclocking:

Msi

xfx

Sapphire

Powercolor/club3d

Cooling:

Sapphire

Powercolor/club3d

Msi

Xfx

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Take a look at their forums

EDIT: whats up between you and GG23?

Lol: https://www.sapphireforum.com/showthread.php?34172-Warranty-support-was-quot-bad-quot

I can understand your frustration with Sapphire, but when a PC part or anything fails you cant just "throw it away". Pictures aren't good enough for validating ownership, heck there was some asshole that was stealing my build log pics and claiming them as their own.

@Godlygamer23 is my forum boyfriend <3

Sure, check out my score on the Firestike spread sheet.

And I have a 290 as a second card, not a 290x. That's in there wrong

Which isn't relevant to the 300 series implementations which have radically different power management configurations (and hence almost all of them can hit 1100-1130, but few can do top end of very good 200 series versions).

Not to mention the coolers are different.

Data doesn't lie, and it shows the MSI model being far superior overclockers on average

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

Lol: https://www.sapphireforum.com/showthread.php?34172-Warranty-support-was-quot-bad-quot

I can understand your frustration with Sapphire, but when a PC part or anything fails you cant just "throw it away". Pictures aren't good enough for validating ownership, heck there was some asshole that was stealing my build log pics and claiming them as their own.

Really, let your boyfriend worry about things. Brother got the right to share his experiences.

Lol: https://www.sapphireforum.com/showthread.php?34172-Warranty-support-was-quot-bad-quot

I have proof of purchase and if they wanted to make sure of the smell claim they could ask me to ship my entire system over. the smell still lingers

EDIT: apparently your BFs job is to hate you?

Which isn't relevant to the 300 series implementations which have radically different power management configurations (and hence almost all of them can hit 1100-1130, but few can do top end of very good 200 series versions).

Not to mention the coolers are different.

Wait, what? We're talking about the 390s. My nitro hits 1100mhz on stock voltage. I keep it there when not in crossfire. I've got nothing against MSIs, they just run hotter that the Sapphires and that means less performance. Games are a different thing than benchmarks, you benchmark for minutes and game for hours.

Wait, what? We're talking about the 390s. My nitro hits 1100mhz on stock voltage. I keep it there when not in crossfire. I've got nothing against MSIs, they just run hotter that the Sapphires and that means less performance. Games are a different thing than benchmarks, you benchmark for minutes and game for hours.

I was reading your second line and miscommented my bad.

Running hotter doesn't mean a thing (for AMD anyways) as long as you stabilize under 90C, so if you can run hours at 75C vs hours at 80C then the temp difference isn't performance at all.

I yield that for CF gaming, a better cooler will likely always mean better long term core speeds, but for single gpu neither card is going to hit thermal limits with proper case flow regardless of time length so the better overclocking average of the MSI means better performance.

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

I was reading your second line and miscommented my bad.

Running hotter doesn't mean a thing (for AMD anyways) as long as you stabilize under 90C, so if you can run hours at 75C vs hours at 80C then the temp difference isn't performance at all.

I yield that for CF gaming, a better cooler will likely always mean better long term core speeds, but for single gpu neither card is going to hit thermal limits with proper case flow regardless of time length so the better overclocking average of the MSI means better performance.

That could be true, I have to watch temperatures pretty close so have different priorities. Like I said I have nothing against MSI, love Afterburner. I just have the Sapphire fanboy decoder ring that itches like a mother if I don't at least try to make them look good lol.

That could be true, I have to watch temperatures pretty close so have different priorities. Like I said I have nothing against MSI, love Afterburner. I just have the Sapphire fanboy decoder ring that itches like a mother if I don't at least try to make them look good lol.

Hahaha. It's all good. The Sapphire card totally runs way cooler, but I personally was really annoyed to see it be such a baby of an overclocker compared to much smaller competition (I was expecting the Sapphire version to just be the king of kings on this one...)

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

Overclocking:

Msi

xfx

Sapphire

Powercolor/club3d

Cooling:

Sapphire

Powercolor/club3d

Msi

Xfx

Do you know of any benchmarks that prooves this?