Black Ops III Group/General Thread

Jerakl

iURmAy5.jpg

General thread for BO3 discussion. 

Thoughts on the game in general?

Maybe a LFG crosspost? Originally started in LFG, but decided I wanted a general thread instead.

To start off discussion,

If you are planning on buying the game, why?

For me it was Black Ops Nostalgia. I also enjoyed the beta quite a bit.

I also bought the Razer BO3 mousepad because it was pretty. And only cost an extra 5$ over the regular one :P

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Four times no. ^-^

I think no one should buy it so that Activision either stops producing the game or gives us something new. But obviously that will never happen ._.''

Four times no. ^-^

I think no one should buy it so that Activision either stops producing the game or gives us something new. But obviously that will never happen ._.''

I don't think that would happen. I'm still happy with the series, I'm ok with the mechanics being very similar in the games.

At the same time I want something new. I'm personally very happy that they decided to release mod tools etc.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

I don't think that would happen. I'm still happy with the series, I'm ok with the mechanics being very similar in the games.

At the same time I want something new. I'm personally very happy that they decided to release mod tools etc.

About what kind of mod tools are we talking about?

Selfmade maps?

Weapon skins?

New Weapon 3D models?

Character skins?

I haven't looked into it yet, so that's why I'm asking.

About what kind of mod tools are we talking about?

Selfmade maps?

Weapon skins?

New Weapon 3D models?

Character skins?

I haven't looked into it yet, so that's why I'm asking.

It was just  "modding tools". There's a thing in game that lets your create your own camos.

I never know what CoD Modding entails but judging from WaW, all of the following. They're giving map making tools as part of the package. And player run dedicated servers.

IDK what it specifically entails, just that self made maps and player run servers are a thing.

It was just  "modding tools". There's a thing in game that lets your create your own camos.

I never know what CoD Modding entails but judging from WaW, all of the following. They're giving map making tools as part of the package. And player run dedicated servers.

IDK what it specifically entails, just that self made maps and player run servers are a thing.

Okay, cause custom camos were already a thing on the PC since CoD 4.  :lol: 

I even made a few myself for Cod 6 and 8.

I'm pumped for it, I love Treyarch Call of Duty's. They know how to make a good cod.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

I played COD for the realism(as fake as it was).

If i wanted to wall run/ double jump/ etc id play something else. Whats next, ray guns, flying and superpowers?

I played COD for the realism(as fake as it was).

If i wanted to wall run/ double jump/ etc id play something else. Whats next, ray guns, flying and superpowers?

I just play it as an arcadey arena shooter.

In comparison I also enjoy games like Tribes and Battlefield. I'm not much for the "Tactical" FPS sub genre.

I'm pumped for it, I love Treyarch Call of Duty's. They know how to make a good cod.

i have an opinion about Treyarch thats the complete opposite of yours. I've had nothing but bad experiences with their games. Bought the latest anyway, because i want to believe!!! Going to test this weekend even though the beta was unplayable for me. I hope zombies and mod tools are really the turnaround.

My System:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700X - CPU Cooling: Corsair Hydro H100i Platinum - Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix X570-F - RAM: Neo 16 GB 3600 Mhz - GPU: 2x Sapphire Vapor X R9 290 OC in crossfire - OS SSD: Samsung Nvme SSD 256 GB Second SSD Samsung 840 Pro 512 GB - Games: RAID 0 3 x Seagate 1 TB HDD - Case: NZXT H710i - PSU: Corsair AX860i
Former Rig Picture: http://linustechtips.com/main/gallery/image/10157-4-pc-may-2014/

The modding tools did change the game a bit for me..At least we will have fun with other modded games made by others at the very least instead of all the boring standard game modes

I have little faith that the multiplayer is going to be well recieved compared to the previous ones (excluding ghosts, and AW) but zombies might make me buy it

Don't call me a nerd, it makes me look slightly smarter than you

i have an opinion about Treyarch thats the complete opposite of yours. I've had nothing but bad experiences with their games. Bought the latest anyway, because i want to believe!!! Going to test this weekend even though the beta was unplayable for me. I hope zombies and mod tools are really the turnaround.

I've been playing it all day. It's great. There is a memory leak when you set the textures to extra which I think they are working on. So I have it on high right now, other than that it's great..zombies is good too.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

I played the beta, didn't enjoy it. I stopped playing CoD on consoles around Black Ops II, that is when it started turning weird and I didn't enjoy the series after that one. The games just don't feel like CoD games anymore.

I might buy the game in a couple years when it goes for $10 if the modding community has done well with it, if not I'll probably just keep playing CoD4 as my go-to CoD game.

I played the beta, didn't enjoy it. I stopped playing CoD on consoles around Black Ops II, that is when it started turning weird and I didn't enjoy the series after that one. The games just don't feel like CoD games anymore.

I might buy the game in a couple years when it goes for $10 if the modding community has done well with it, if not I'll probably just keep playing CoD4 as my go-to CoD game.

I've seen a lot of people say that as a good thing lol

I like the futuristic stuff, I'm more into Sci-fi/Historic. Never modern day.

I said no to all 4, not because I'm some blind hater, I've just played too much over the years.

I'd like to try it when the price drops but CoD games never go down in price and I don't want to go to some shady grey market get seller to get a reasonable discount for the game even a year after the game is out.

I said no to all 4, not because I'm some blind hater, I've just played too much over the years.

I'd like to try it when the price drops but CoD games never go down in price and I don't want to go to some shady grey market get seller to get a reasonable discount for the game even a year after the game is out.

I don't think places like GMG/GoG count as grey. I count places like G2A as grey personally, I know what you mean though. Wanted to buy CoD 4 last year, still like 20$.

I've been playing it all day. It's great. There is a memory leak when you set the textures to extra which I think they are working on. So I have it on high right now, other than that it's great..zombies is good too.

I've played 2-3 matches now and i'm already fed up with it. I cant max the settings on 1080p for 60 fps. 80% resolution scaling and high settings. The entire screen is filled with the shadows inconsistently flickering all over, which almost gives me epilepsy and i cant focus because of that. frame drops. Weird sense of mouse even though smoothening and such are turned off. And gameplay hasnt changed much from AW. 

I dont like the fact that you can be shot from every angle because everyone can jump whereever they want, which turns off any tactics in the game. So no more futuristic shooters for me. And everyone uses the same old "spray and pray" technique like any other cod game.

I rather go back to MW2 and never return....

My System:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700X - CPU Cooling: Corsair Hydro H100i Platinum - Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix X570-F - RAM: Neo 16 GB 3600 Mhz - GPU: 2x Sapphire Vapor X R9 290 OC in crossfire - OS SSD: Samsung Nvme SSD 256 GB Second SSD Samsung 840 Pro 512 GB - Games: RAID 0 3 x Seagate 1 TB HDD - Case: NZXT H710i - PSU: Corsair AX860i
Former Rig Picture: http://linustechtips.com/main/gallery/image/10157-4-pc-may-2014/

Yes to all of them. The launch isn't smooth, but most of the problems seem fixable through editing the .ini files. Not ideal, but games don't seem to have good launches these days. Outside of the performance (only on launch hopefully), the pc version got good attention with the modding and mapping, and the FOV going up to 120 now. This will hopefully be my return to the series, played the hell out of mw2, but didn't bother with any of them after it so far.

Asus B85M-G / Intel i5-4670 / Sapphire 290X Tri-X / 16GB RAM (Corsair Value 1x8GB + Crucial 2x4GB) @1333MHz / Coolermaster B600 (600W) / Be Quiet! Silent Base 800 / Adata SP900 128GB SSD & WD Green 2TB & SG Barracuda 1TB / Dell AT-101W / Logitech G502 / Acer G226HQL & X-Star DP2710LED

Consensus seems to be that SP is alright, MP is better than previous 2 CoD games, and the Zombies mode is the best one yet.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

I've played 2-3 matches now and i'm already fed up with it. I cant max the settings on 1080p for 60 fps. 80% resolution scaling and high settings. The entire screen is filled with the shadows inconsistently flickering all over, which almost gives me epilepsy and i cant focus because of that. frame drops. Weird sense of mouse even though smoothening and such are turned off. And gameplay hasnt changed much from AW. 

I dont like the fact that you can be shot from every angle because everyone can jump whereever they want, which turns off any tactics in the game. So no more futuristic shooters for me. And everyone uses the same old "spray and pray" technique like any other cod game.

On my laptop I had some problems like that without updated drivers and the res scale. I think the res scale messes stuff up.

I do think they have some more optimization to do.

Consensus seems to be that SP is alright, MP is better than previous 2 CoD games, and the Zombies mode is the best one yet.

I haven't played SP yet, I like MP, Zombies is confusing, but I also have the giant.

The gameplay is completely different to AW. AW was just constant bouncing. This is smooth, and flowing. You can't really max it with the texture bug being there. They're working on it though.