550 Ti to used 590 Worth it?

Ruostunut kokis
Go to solution Solved by old reece frost,

Get it if your PSU can handle it.

I found an used Gigabyte GTX 590 on sale for <300€. Is it worth it to upgrade to it from an Asus GTX 550 Ti? I know it'd be better to get something new instead, but I'm rather tight on budget. The GTX 590 I found was just over a year old with little use and no overclocks.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

I found an used Gigabyte GTX 590 on sale for <300€. Is it worth it to upgrade to it from an Asus GTX 550 Ti? I know it'd be better to get something new instead, but I'm rather tight on budget. The GTX 590 I found was just over a year old with little use and no overclocks.

Linus uses it so yeah go for it

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300, MSI GTX 560TI Twin Frozr 2, 2x500GB drives, cheapo 500w PSU, cheapo HP Pavilion Elite m9000 case
#KilledMyWife

If I'm going to buy it, then I have to find a way to bribe my mother (she lives partially with my money and doesn't want me to use my own money for anything).

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

Wait to the 9xxx series. A 550 Ti is plenty.

[TRUENO] i7 4770k (~4.4Ghz, 1.28v) || Thermalright Macho 120 || Asus Z87 Gryphon || 2x8Gb Mushkin Blackline|| Reference NVIDIA GTX770 || Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB || 2x3TB WD HDD || Corsair 350D || Corsair RM750

Wait to the 9xxx series. A 550 Ti is plenty.

Nah. I can't afford new graphics cards, and the used 590 is on sale for only 6 days. Not saying that 9xxx series would be bad. When it comes out it's gonna cost a lot. That's all.

Wait for the quadro k7xxx. Ok being serious you might as wait as the 590 is powerful but im sure you will get a great gpu as well as some fancy features if you wait for what amd has in store for us next.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Get it if your PSU can handle it.

Pretty sure my current 750W PSU will do fine.

I like how everyone misses the fact that AMD makes more than Flagship cards. A 9870 would be a good card. The problem with the 590 is heat, and it's old architecture. I'm not an AMD fanboy, I just couldn't get a 660 in my budget is all :)

[TRUENO] i7 4770k (~4.4Ghz, 1.28v) || Thermalright Macho 120 || Asus Z87 Gryphon || 2x8Gb Mushkin Blackline|| Reference NVIDIA GTX770 || Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB || 2x3TB WD HDD || Corsair 350D || Corsair RM750

I like how everyone misses the fact that AMD makes more than Flagship cards. A 9870 would be a good card. The problem with the 590 is heat, and it's old architecture. I'm not an AMD fanboy, I just couldn't get a 660 in my budget is all :)

And for me, problem with 9xxx series would be the price. Since it's not even released yet, high prices can be expected.

But if I could've found something like used 7850 (or better, or something like 660 or better) for <200€, I'd definitely buy it. Not hating AMD. Just being real tight on budget, and that 590 for just 260€ was a rare kind of deal.