Any healthy addictions?

watts300

I can't stop [figuratively] eating plain Greek yogurt and sliced apples.  I slice the apple and scoop the yogurt right out of the tub with each slice. I've never had more than 2 in a day, though.  Sooooo good.   It depends on what's cheaper, but it's either granny smith or honeycrisp. 

I'm also a runner.  I run five miles every day on a treadmill.  Anywhere from 7.5 - 8 mph, depending on the humidity. There's no end in sight. I've lost 80 lbs this year from running (and diet, believe it or not).  The battery in my bluetooth earbuds is not my best friend right now. 

What are you addicted to that's good for you?  <edit> Or maybe at least something that isn't detrimental to your health that you are consistently doing. <end edit>

Please don't say dumb shit like jerking off.  

Maybe you play an instrument.  Reading?  Adrenaline junkie? 

What say you? 

I shower daily.  :D

EDIT: Feeling good about myself right now.

My Rig:

Model: P650RG | Brand: Clevo | CPU: 6700HQ | GPU: 980M | RAM: 16GB KINGSTON HYPER-X DDR4 | SSD: 2x 480GB Kingston KC300 | Screen: 3K Panasonic IPS LED 

After trying to think of any healthy addictions I might have I realized I literally do nothing that is healthy (okay, maybe sometimes).

I can amend the question to not-bad-for-you.  ;) 

There's got to be something that you do habitually that's not-bad-for-you. 

Please don't say dumb shit like jerking off. 

Jerking off can actually be healthy for you. Sure it looks and sounds dirty, but it's a natural thing.

Life.exe is missing

Jerking off can actually be healthy for you. Sure it looks and sounds dirty, but it's a natural thing.

I'd like to know if there's actually something worthwhile that can be contributed to the thread. 

If it's short-lived thread because there are a lot of lazy fat ass forum members that don't do anything positive for themselves, then so be it.  However, it has potential to be an interesting thread if we all are mature about it. 

On a more serious note, any compulsive behavior is bad for you :) 

My Rig:

Model: P650RG | Brand: Clevo | CPU: 6700HQ | GPU: 980M | RAM: 16GB KINGSTON HYPER-X DDR4 | SSD: 2x 480GB Kingston KC300 | Screen: 3K Panasonic IPS LED 

I shower twice daily.

I'm addicted to the gym life and learning

Fedex Ground must be on Horse back, It took 7 days to go 200 miles

There's got to be something that you do habitually that's not-bad-for-you. 

Habit =/= addiction

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Long-distance running and drinking apple cider (non-alcoholic)

Hello there, fellow dark theme users

"Be excellent to each other and party on dudes." - Abraham Lincoln    #wiiumasterrace

I shower twice daily.

I'm addicted to the gym life and learning

Right on.  What do you like to do at the gym?  What do you study? 

I'd like to know if there's actually something worthwhile that can be contributed to the thread. 

If it's short-lived thread because there are a lot of lazy fat ass forum members that don't do anything positive for themselves, then so be it.  However, it has potential to be an interesting thread if we all are mature about it. 

I guess drinking tea? I drink hot tea every night, not sure if it's beneficial to my health or not. I'm pretty sure I'm the only American that drinks tea every night...

Right on. What do you like to do at the gym? What do you study?

I was always the frail kid who was the center of all the frail guy jokes

But now I'm half way there for the Hollister model body :)

And I like to learn everything I find everything interesting. Technology philosophy mathematics space life etc

I was always the frail kid who was the center of all the frail guy jokes

But now I'm half way there for the Hollister model body :)

And I like to learn everything I find everything interesting. Technology philosophy mathematics space life etc

Pardon my ignorance, does that mean that you were skinny when you were younger and now you've been lifting? 

I guess drinking tea? I drink hot tea every night, not sure if it's beneficial to my health or not. I'm pretty sure I'm the only American that drinks tea every night...

Unless I'm mistaken (and I could be, it's been known to happen) tea has a lot of anti-oxidants in it that are indeed good for you.  Tea can stain your teeth, but as long as your diligent with the toothbrush, there aren't any ill effects. 

My so is addicted to physics and being good at everything. I think it's good and bad, but it works out pretty well for him most of the time!

I'm addicted to hummus and tea, that's kind of healthy right? xD 

Also addicted to being clean, but probably enough so that it's borderline unhealthy..

My so is addicted to physics and being good at everything. I think it's good and bad, but it works out pretty well for him most of the time!

I'm addicted to hummus and tea, that's kind of healthy right? xD 

Also addicted to being clean, but probably enough so that it's borderline unhealthy..

Hummus is definitely not bad for you. It's high in carbs (thanks to the chick peas) but as long as your body can tolerate it or you exercise, then there's no problem with it. 

Being clean.. do you mean your body?  Are you the type to use hand sanitizer a lot?   Or maybe you mean your house and belongings.   Or both... ;)

Pardon my ignorance, does that mean that you were skinny when you were younger and now you've been lifting?

Yup exactly

Not really addiction, but I really like cross country skiing. But I can't do that yet. Soon. Whenever this snow comes

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Exersize

Eat healthy

Shower (and most forms of hygiene)

Being social (to an extent)

These are all good things to be "addicted" to

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Not really addiction, but I really like cross country skiing. But I can't do that yet. Soon. Whenever this snow comes

I've always wanted to try downhill snow skiing. I'm pretty sure my first time would be a disaster, though. Many years ago I tried to water ski, and it was very very difficult. I wiped out each time; I couldn't hold myself together long enough to get on top of the water.

I've always wanted to try downhill snow skiing. I'm pretty sure my first time would be a disaster, though. Many years ago I tried to water ski, and it was very very difficult. I wiped out each time; I couldn't hold myself together long enough to get on top of the water.

Downhill is fun too. Easier than water skiing.

Pro tip, don't go down a sledding hill and over a jump on cross country skis.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I like to listen to classical music while taking a super hot shower. If I don't have music going or my water really hot, it bothers me.

Not sure if that fits being an addiction though.

I like to listen to classical music while taking a super hot shower. If I don't have music going or my water really hot, it bothers me.

Not sure if that fits being an addiction though.

I meant "addiction" pretty loosely in my first post... nothing compulsive or anything that causes a mental breakdown. But certainly something that would bother you if you didn't do/have it. :)

What sort of sound set up do you have in the bathroom? I bought my son an inexpensive waterproof Bluetooth speaker that hangs on a lanyard from the shower curtain rod. He uses it for every shower. Sometimes I do, too, but I try not to use it because it's his, but also I don't want to contribute to added wear to the battery. The battery in my Bluetooth ear buds is pretty shitty now from 45-50 minutes of daily use for the last however-many-months since I got it. I tried a replacement pair of another brand, but it stopped working completely after three days. <grumble> But they didn't sound nearly as good, so I'm dealing with it.