PS Vita Questions

giddo244

Hi guys, I'm looking into picking up a PS Vita, mainly for games from Japan( particularly JRPGs) and the odd localized one, and have some questions. I'm living in Australia by the way.

So I have read that the Vita is region free, does this mean that if I pick up a Vita from a store in Australia and make an Australian PSN Account, physical discs of games from Australian and imported games from Japan will work on the system? How about if the PSN Account is Japanese?

If I set the PSN region to Japan, will it all be in Japanese? How about games imported from Japan that haven't been localized, cause you know, some never will be.

If I do hard reset the system to change PSN Account region, what exactly will be affect?

Should I only stick with one PSN Account region? If so, which one?

Thanks in advance!

since when Vita is Region free ?

Game cards do not have region lock, EU, JP, and NA games will play on any PS Vita. 

(Physical games have always been region free on the Vita) 

-

Stick with one PSN account, set it to your preferred region. Generally the one you live in to make payment easier. You can import and play physical games from anywhere. 

(Multi-Post / Sorry)

Regarding the region lock thing:
Yes, if your game is of a different region from your PSN account, you can play it but you forfeit DLC and the like. I was able to play Virtue's Last Reward(R3) on my Jap acc (R2) just fine. Of course, best thing is to still have the same region for both account and game.

Regarding PSN:

The PSN store will be in Japanese but you still can set your system itself to be in English. Also, if you access the PSN related stuff under 'Settings' that portion will in Japanese.

Reset:

All your trophy information, PSN data etc will be erased if you restore your system to change regions. If I'm not wrong, most of the stuff is stored on your memory stick though best to do a system backup via content manager assistant before you reset and this is important. If you're someone who cares about trophies and the like, make sure you sync properly before you do a reset, I have had occasions where I had to reacquire trophies cause it wasn't synced properly.

As to what region to best be in, it depends on which region you'll play more games from. I personally have my Vita tied to my Jap account since most of my games are imported. Though I do change back to my home region occasionally. Other things to note is that I have two separate memory sticks for each region. You can have only 1 stick for multiple regions, but it'll be troublesome and you'll screw yourself over big time if you mix up back up and restore.

@Kireas

So if I set the system to English the PSN Store will still be in Japanese? And what about the games I would buy from the PSN or import? Will they be in Japanese or English? If it is in Japanese, is there anyway to change the language?

Thanks for the rest of the answers, really swaying towards buying a Vita and then importing.

Yeah, system and PSN store language can be different. I'm not sure what you're asking regarding the PSN/import thing.

Any game from the Jap PSN store will be in Japanese. Though there may be a few US made games in there as well like borderlands/walking dead, unless they dubbed/translated it.

Any game you import from Japan would be in Japanese as well though best to check from the vendor you're buying from. Unfortunately there is no way to change the language, none that I know off anyway save for a fan-made patch or the like.

Additional note, Japan is Region 2, R2 for short, however, not all R2 games are Japanese/from Japan but all games from Japan will be R2.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a ps vita, is region free, you won't have problem with games I can run EU and US games, I haven't tested with Japanese games, but you should not have any problem.

I have a ps vita, is region free, you won't have problem with games I can run EU and US games, I haven't tested with Japanese games, but you should not have any problem.

How do you run both UK and US. U talking about Physical Disc or Download? I try to find a way to download MGS 1 directly to my vita but I cant since this option does not available for U.S

Hi guys, I'm looking into picking up a PS Vita, mainly for games from Japan( particularly JRPGs) and the odd localized one, and have some questions. I'm living in Australia by the way.

So I have read that the Vita is region free, does this mean that if I pick up a Vita from a store in Australia and make an Australian PSN Account, physical discs of games from Australian and imported games from Japan will work on the system? How about if the PSN Account is Japanese?

If I set the PSN region to Japan, will it all be in Japanese? How about games imported from Japan that haven't been localized, cause you know, some never will be.

If I do hard reset the system to change PSN Account region, what exactly will be affect?

Should I only stick with one PSN Account region? If so, which one?

Thanks in advance!

You will region free if u use physical disc to play your game. As for PSN that is varies from region to region. But I assume most games JRPG will somehow be playable in your AUS PSN account