Help sitting up wake on lan

magician369

Hi

I cannot set up wake on lan on my PC.The option"Allow this device to wake computer" in my wifi adapter's sittings is Grayed out.

I have already done the search and enabled wake by PCI device from the bios.but no luck.So I have doubts that my adapter supports wake on lan although it is a new one,however i don't know how to be sure of that.

another question dose Nvidia Stream works on wifi outside home or not?

win7

Motherboard MSI Z97 G45

wifi adapter Asus PCE N15-N3000

You have to be connected with ethernet. When your computer sleeps or shuts down, it disconnects from wifi. Ethernet still maintains a link.

My native language is C++

its pretty hard to get a wake on land, they usually require a fast moving boat on water or another similar liquid

Different PCPartPickers for different countries:

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

10 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

have you ticked the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" option? I think this will unlock the option you want.

You have to be connected with ethernet. When your computer sleeps or shuts down, it disconnects from wifi. Ethernet still maintains a link.

Thanks I sit it up using ethernet.wifi did not work.