Iphone 6s Plus or Nexus 6P

benthegreat17
Go to solution Solved by BarneyInMatrix,

Honestly the iphon 6s and 6s plus are probably one of their best products.

Unless you're going for very long battery life get the 6s plus

Hello.

I am having issues to decide on my next phone. I currently own a nexus 6, but here is something about it that I don't like (Besides the lack luster camera). I used to own an iPhone 4 way back then. Sure over time it wasn't as fast or snappy as it once was. But, It was always worked for what I needed it to do. Following my iPhone 4 I went to a Galaxy S5. And well... Not a touch wiz fan, which went me to my current device (Nexus 6), I am having issues deciding since an IPhone 6s Plus is $1200 In Canada off contract and a Nexus 6P is only $700 off contract.

It was just something about the iPhone 4 that I always found surprising, 3+ years with it an it never really slowed down (Until IOS 7 came out) it stayed fast, smooth. Android on the other hand, it can be fast. Really fast at time. But it just eventually slows down, and down. Marshmallow did fix most of the issues if it, But not all.

I am really having issues deciding on my next phone. The +/- $500 can be a factor, but isn't the biggest issue. Should I go back over to the Dark side (Apple) or stick with the slightly lesser dark side (Google) 

Personally, I am leaning towards the iPhone despite the steep price.

Please, any input would be great!

tldr: iPhone 6s Plus or Nexus 6P 

I don't like iOS, so I would get the Nexus, but if you like iOS, probably the iPhone.

Specs: i7-4790k with Thermaltake Water 3.0, EVGA GTX 970, MSI Z97 Gaming 3, Kingston HyperX 2x8 DDR3 1600Mhz, SSD Boot Drive/1TB HD, CM Storm Stryker, EVGA Supernova G2 750W

Peripherals: SS Rival, HyperX Cloud, G710+

UI = Apple

Customizabilty = Android

period

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

I'm looking into getting the 6P myself, so i'd say go with that. The camera has well improved over older Nexus cameras :)

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

The 6S+ probs has a better battery than the 6P in real world usage. 

Thanks for the input everyone. I never did think about the Customization / Easier UI. You guys bring up some great points! (as most people here do)

Honestly, I never did customize anything when I used Android. Which means I wouldn't be losing anything I used if I switched to Apple.

Iphone 6s Plus... Here I come

Snippers

It's almost astonishing how much Google has improved over the Nexus 6. It feels like they actually put some time in effort into this phone. Which it unfortunately didn't feel like they did on the Nexus 6. Thanks for the input :)

It's almost astonishing how much it has approved over the Nexus 6. It feels like they actually put some time in effort into this phone. Which it unfortunately didn't feel like they did on the Nexus 6. Thanks for the input :)

Tbh, I'm a pretty big Apple fan as some people here might know, but I do admit seeing the Nexus 6P and remembering how much I loved custom ROMs and stuff on my old Nexus 4, I can't wait till I can ditch my iPhone 6xD

Next year is gonna be a very expensive year...

Tbh, I'm a pretty big Apple fan as some people here might know, but I do admit seeing the Nexus 6P and remembering how much I loved custom ROMs and stuff on my old Nexus 4, I can't wait till I can ditch my iPhone 6xD

Next year is gonna be a very expensive year...

Rip Wallet, I always feel the need to upgrade my phone when a new one comes out. Almost like the "Grass is always greener on the other side" mentality. 

Rip Wallet, I always feel the need to upgrade my phone when a new one comes out. Almost like the "Grass is always greener on the other side" mentality. 

Oh no lol, its not even the bloody phone that's going to wreck my walletxD Its the combination of that AND me building a high end gaming rig and since I've never built one before, I also need to buy good accecories to go with it like the damn 1440P monitor, keyboard, mouse, speakers etc....

RIP wallet indeed.