anyway to get stuff delete from the recycling bin back?

GammaProX

so i had a text file that had a ton of humble bundle codes i got in giveaways and i accidently deleted it tying to clean my desktop.

is there anyway to get this back?

Possibly unless you have already overwritten the sectors of the drive that the file was on.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

you can try recuva, it might find it

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Yes, but I'm not sure how, all deleting does is remove the pointers until the data is overwritten, it is still there, though not for long especially if you download large files on that drive

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

I believe you should avoid saving any data for now, to avoid overwriting the "deleted" file. Then try a recovery software, which unfortunately I have no recommendation.

CPU: Intel i5-4590 | Motherboard: Asus H97M-E | GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 390 | RAM: 2x4Gb Kingston HyperX Fury Black | SSD: Sandisk Plus 240Gb HDD: Seagate 250Gb  | PSU: Seasonic G650 80+ Gold | Case: NZXT S340

I am who I am.

What do you mean? There's recycle, which just moves it to the Recycling Bin, or there's delete, which erases those files in the Bin.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

What do you mean? There's recycle, which just moves it to the Recycling Bin, or there's delete, which erases those files in the Bin.

i put it in the recycling bin and then emptied it 

Moving something into the Recycle bin doesnt actually delete the data off of your drive. All that it does is deletes the pointer that your computer uses to reference the data thats on the disk. This causes it to read this as empty space on the disk that available to be rewritten to.

Long answer short yes its possible and not hard to at all as long as your computer hasnt saved anything over the data you wish to recover. 

this is widely considered the best tool for the job: https://www.piriform.com/recuva

Consume The Darkness

If you just put it in the recycle bin, just click the icon and go there. If you deleted it from the recycle bin, you'll need recovery software.