iPhone 5s Theory

zconflictz7

ok so you can call me crazy or whatever but this is what i come to. Anyways a bunch of people in my class have the iPhone 5s and all of their batterys have stop working around the same time so they all need to get new phones soon. I may be wrong but what if Apple is making there phones stop working so we buy more and newer ones for more money. This is my conspiracy theory for apple. comment what you think and if you think im crazy

It's just batteries getting old... Happens with like every phone. The batteries can be easily replaced in like 10 mins though so people really shouldn't have any reason to buy a new phone just for better battery life.

G3258 @ 4.5 | 8GB Team Vulcan RAM | 128GB Kingston V300 SSD (I didn't know what I was doing when I bought it) | MSI H81I Motherboard | Corsair H55 with Noctua NF-P12 | EVGA SSC GTX 960 4GB | OCZ 550W Fully Modular PSU with Noctua NF-A14 | Cooler Master Elite 130 (Soon to be something cool)

It's just a coincidence that comes with any older batteries.

It's just batteries getting old... Happens with like every phone. The batteries can be easily replaced in like 10 mins though so people really shouldn't have any reason to buy a new phone just for better battery life.

More then ten minutes; plus the average person wouldn't do it themselves, and it would end up costing a decent amount to have it replaced.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Ya i didnt think of that

You are crazy.

Get off that meth, it is a coincidence. It happens!

But that my only way to live ;^(

Yeah it's called planned obsolescence and EVERY company does it. If they made a phone that never broke and never stopped support for older phones they would lose out on a lot of money wouldn't they?

Besides you can replace batteries on a 5s lmao

I purposely charge and drain my Iphone 5S battery from 100 to 0, properly like you should, and it still has like 90% of the battery capacity of when i got it. It's when you leave it plugged in 24/7 that you have problems.

I am conducting some polls regarding your opinion of large technology companies. I would appreciate your response. 

Microsoft Apple Valve Google Facebook Oculus HTC AMD Intel Nvidia

I'm using this data to judge this site's biases so people can post in a more objective way.

I studied this is my business class, it's called "Planned Obsolescence" it's where a company, namely Apple sets an intended lifespan for their products and then slowly gimps them over time via software updates which causes users to have to upgrade to newer products more regularly.

This doesn't seem apparent on their desktops however with their phones it's very clear to see.

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

It's just a coincidence that comes with any older batteries.

More than ten minutes; plus the average person wouldn't do it themselves, and it would end up costing a decent amount to have it replaced.

Than*.

I did mine in 10 mins though and it's so easy everyone should do it. Batteries are pretty cheap too.

G3258 @ 4.5 | 8GB Team Vulcan RAM | 128GB Kingston V300 SSD (I didn't know what I was doing when I bought it) | MSI H81I Motherboard | Corsair H55 with Noctua NF-P12 | EVGA SSC GTX 960 4GB | OCZ 550W Fully Modular PSU with Noctua NF-A14 | Cooler Master Elite 130 (Soon to be something cool)

Yeah it's called planned obsolescence and EVERY company does it. If they made a phone that never broke and never stopped support for older phones they would lose out on a lot of money wouldn't they?

Besides you can replace batteries on a 5s lmao

Most people dont know how to do that stuff

I purposely charge and drain my Iphone 5S battery from 100 to 0, properly like you should, and it still has like 90% of the battery capacity of when i got it. It's when you leave it plugged in 24/7 that you have problems.

Yea most of the people with the problem are girls who always have their phones plugged in

I studied this is my business class, it's called "Planned Obsolescence" it's where a company, namely Apple sets an intended lifespan for their products and then slowly gimps them over time via software updates which causes users to have to upgrade to newer products more regularly.

This doesn't seem apparent on their desktops however with their phones it's very clear to see.

My still perfectly and fully functional 5s will disagree with you.

It's a shame newer software (that's designed to run on more powerful hardware) doesn't run as well on older hardware; greedy developers, how dare they try and improve the OS.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Apple have been the grand emperors of planned obsolescence since day one. Remember when the original iphone "couldnt" record video, but was perfectly capable of doing so when jailbroken? And remember how everyone went nuts when the next iphone came out that suddenly could record video? Yeah.

Lol. Just by a new battery for like 4 pounds and MAGIC a new phone. I carry batteries with me oppose to powerbanks. It's quicker ant takes less space

EVGA SR-2 / 2x Intel Xeon X5675 4.4Ghz OC / 24GB EEC 1800Mhz OC/ AMD RX570 / Enermax Evoliution 1050W / Main RAID 0: 2x256GB 840EVO SSD / BackUp(1) Raid 5: 3x2TB WD HDD / BackUp(2) 8x2TB / Dell U2412M / Dell U2312HM

My still perfectly and fully functional 5s will disagree with you.

It's a shame newer software (that's designed to run on more powerful hardware) doesn't run as well on older hardware; greedy developers, how dare they try and improve the OS.

Yep. The 5s is actually slightly faster than when it launched due to Apple gradually speeding up animations over the last 2 years. Of course, apps get more demanding but the 5s is in no way slow. It's actually quite competitive with the S6 Edge, sometimes faster than it and sometimes slower. 

Li-po batteries only support 300-400 charge cycles tho, and the 5S is over two years old now.

It's the battery technology, not really Apple's, to be fair.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Most people dont know how to do that stuff

I'm pretty sure most people who have iPhones know how to do a god damn google search for "replacing iphone 5s battery" and order some tools and a battery off eBay. It's really not that hard. People are just too scared and lazy so they come up with bullshit excuses so they don't have to get off their fat asses and do something

I'm pretty sure most people who have iPhones know how to do a god damn google search for "replacing iphone 5s battery" and order some tools and a battery off eBay. It's really not that hard. People are just too scared and lazy so they come up with bullshit excuses so they don't have to get off their fat asses and do something

regardless of the reasons, the outcome is the same.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

ok so you can call me crazy or whatever but this is what i come to. Anyways a bunch of people in my class have the iPhone 5s and all of their batterys have stop working around the same time so they all need to get new phones soon. I may be wrong but what if Apple is making there phones stop working so we buy more and newer ones for more money. This is my conspiracy theory for apple. comment what you think and if you think im crazy

Actually, it just means that the battery life of that device is very consistent. It's common with the Iphone 5s that the battery starts getting poor on you then dies eventually. I know two people with a 5s and they both now have some similar battery issues. It's just that batteries get old and wear out. It's a reason people like to get a phone that you can easily replace the battery.