[Help] Troubleshooting Windows 8 Installation after corruption.

Nautricity

EDIT: Wrong Section, meant to post this to Troubleshooting.

Background

So awhile ago I had been recieving blue screens from any windows update other than a vanilla OS on Windows 8.1, when the free update came I had installed 10 and it was smooth sailing from there on, but recently I had blue screened out of rare occurrence and windows automatically installed all of its updates upon rebooting. Which then caused me to blue screen every 3-10 minutes.

I tried to simply uninstall the updates like I had done a few times before which worked fine, but this time a few of the updates where not able to be uninstalled. So i tried to do a system restore to the day prior to this happening, which as said above, I blue screen, which lead to me blue screening during system recovery.

I then tried to reboot and was welcomed to a black screen without my usual password login, displaying a simple Driver Error with my Wacom tablet, you could tell windows was still there in the background, but nothing was able to escape it.

We tried an image restoration, and the image restore went down with windows.

My last hope to my knowledge is to reinstall windows.

The Loop

So here I am, trying to reinstall windows.

Mashing esc to boot into a USB [Other options wouldnt even do anything] with Windows 8 on it, since Windows 10 replaced my keys with Generic keys after we had them pulled off a Geeksquad USB. So those didnt work, we where found to have a Windows 8.1 Key, and a Windows 10 Key, both where generic, and would not be accepted by Windows 10 installers, nor did the 8.1 key work.

So I put a Windows 8 installer on the USB and the motherboard picked the key up fine unlike the others for other versions.

When I try to install via "Upgrade" [Note: system is on Windows 10, trying to reinstall to 8] I would be greeted with a message telling me "Windows has started using the recovery media,......" and I would have to boot normally and plug it back in, so I did, but, hence the reason I need to reinstall windows, It will not open or detect it, or anything for that matter.

So what my last hope is, doing the "Advanced Option" and dealing with deleteing / formatting partitions. Which i know nothing about sadly.

There are 5 Partitions, I know nothing about what to do with them, I read usually you have multiple ones if you have multiple drives, I only have 1 Drive in this laptop.

So I am here, wondering if anyone here can help me out of this situation.

Q: I was told "In theory" my key is tied to my motherboard, and removing the main drive my key will still be detected if i put in a new drive and try and reinstall windows 8. If that would work, I would then format the original drive with the corrupted OS.

Q: I was told that I can just simply delete EVERY partition, and then just select the single last partition that would be by default there. And install from there.

Picture of partitions

post-222218-0-95070200-1445901411.jpg

Message I get via "Upgrade" option

post-222218-0-65092400-1445901417.jpg

Nautricity, on 26 Oct 2015 - 7:18 PM, said:Nautricity, on 26 Oct 2015 - 7:18 PM, said:Nautricity, on 26 Oct 2015 - 7:18 PM, said:

EDIT: Wrong Section, meant to post this to Troubleshooting.

Background

So awhile ago I had been recieving blue screens from any windows update other than a vanilla OS on Windows 8.1, when the free update came I had installed 10 and it was smooth sailing from there on, but recently I had blue screened out of rare occurrence and windows automatically installed all of its updates upon rebooting. Which then caused me to blue screen every 3-10 minutes.

I tried to simply uninstall the updates like I had done a few times before which worked fine, but this time a few of the updates where not able to be uninstalled. So i tried to do a system restore to the day prior to this happening, which as said above, I blue screen, which lead to me blue screening during system recovery.

I then tried to reboot and was welcomed to a black screen without my usual password login, displaying a simple Driver Error with my Wacom tablet, you could tell windows was still there in the background, but nothing was able to escape it.

We tried an image restoration, and the image restore went down with windows.

My last hope to my knowledge is to reinstall windows.

The Loop

So here I am, trying to reinstall windows.

Mashing esc to boot into a USB [Other options wouldnt even do anything] with Windows 8 on it, since Windows 10 replaced my keys with Generic keys after we had them pulled off a Geeksquad USB. So those didnt work, we where found to have a Windows 8.1 Key, and a Windows 10 Key, both where generic, and would not be accepted by Windows 10 installers, nor did the 8.1 key work.

So I put a Windows 8 installer on the USB and the motherboard picked the key up fine unlike the others for other versions.

When I try to install via "Upgrade" [Note: system is on Windows 10, trying to reinstall to 8] I would be greeted with a message telling me "Windows has started using the recovery media,......" and I would have to boot normally and plug it back in, so I did, but, hence the reason I need to reinstall windows, It will not open or detect it, or anything for that matter.

So what my last hope is, doing the "Advanced Option" and dealing with deleteing / formatting partitions. Which i know nothing about sadly.

There are 5 Partitions, I know nothing about what to do with them, I read usually you have multiple ones if you have multiple drives, I only have 1 Drive in this laptop.

So I am here, wondering if anyone here can help me out of this situation.

Q: I was told "In theory" my key is tied to my motherboard, and removing the main drive my key will still be detected if i put in a new drive and try and reinstall windows 8. If that would work, I would then format the original drive with the corrupted OS.

Q: I was told that I can just simply delete EVERY partition, and then just select the single last partition that would be by default there. And install from there.

Picture of partitions

attachicon.gifphoto 1.JPG

Message I get via "Upgrade" option

attachicon.gifphoto 2.JPG

Follow the guide in my signature.  You're putting way too much into this, it is not this complicated.

Edit: Additionally, unless you have a OEM computer your product key is NOT on stored on the UEFI.  The OS itself DOES NOT put it there, it is put there by default from the manufacture.  Thus, if you bought a stand alone motherboard (or a non-OS OEM system) it does not, and will never, have a Windows product key engraved in the UEFI.  What does happen though is it will connect to the internet (Microsoft's activation service) and it will tie your activation with your motherboards unique identifier.  So when their activation service wants to verify if you're trying to use the same key in 2 different systems it can say "Oh these are 2 totally different machines and we're not going to license you for the second machine until you unlicensed the first."

IF YOU HAVE ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS please ask me only after you have read my guide in its entirety.  Thanks.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE