295x2?

Arwanell

I was looking at used GPU's and i want to know,

where is R9 295x2 between: 980,390x,R9 Fury,980ti ?

It's still arguably the strongest single card on the market, it has two 290x chips on it. It's basically like crossfire built into one card.

Current System: R7 1700x 3.93Ghz, PowerColor R9 380x 1.14ghz, 16gb Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200mhz, EVGA 650 GS

The R9 295X2 is the best Graphics Card money can buy in terms of performance; it beats the 980Ti. It comes with a lot of other issues however such as heat, power usage, micro stuttering, and driver support.

It's still arguably the strongest single card on the market, it has two 290x chips on it. It's basically like crossfire built into one card.

Wait ...? Stronger than the Titan Z?

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

The R9 295X2 is the best Graphics Card money can buy in terms of performance; it beats the 980Ti. It comes with a lot of other issues however such as heat, power usage, micro stuttering, and driver support.

I found it for a really good price, how much power will I need for it?

The Titan Z can throttle and reduce performance, whereas the AIO on the 295X2 will help prevent it and keep performance up.

The 295X2 is only as credible as any other Crossfire / SLI option, and most builders don't recommend immediately going with a Crossfire / SLI solution due to issues that come with multiple cards.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

I found it for a really good price, how much power will I need for it?

What is the rest of your build? The card by itself needs 500W.

It's the fastest card on the planet, save maybe the devil13 r9 390

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

better than all of them because its a dual GPU card

except in games that can only use one GPU, then its worse than a 980ti

but keep in mind it uses way more power than all other GPUs, creates more heat, and runs louder

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

What is the rest of your build? The card by itself needs 500W.

i5 4590, ssd, hdd, dvd and 8 fans

better than all of them because its a dual GPU card

except in games that can only use one GPU, then its worse than a 980ti

but keep in mind it uses way more power than all other GPUs, creates more heat, and runs louder

how much power?

heat is not a problem, at least i think so, i have a massive case with 8 140mm fans

noise, not a problem at all

how much power?

heat is not a problem, at least i think so, i have a massive case with 8 140mm fans

you want a 800W PSU minimum, preferably 1kW

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

it runs at a maximum of 75 degrees, so not that hot. Replace the standard fan on the rad with push/pull and control the fans through your mainboard for much quieter operation. It is an absolute badass of a card

how much power?

about 720W power draw for the whole system so 800-850W is what I'd recommend.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

about 720W power draw for the whole system so 800-850W is what I'd recommend.

i noticed you are a PSU expert :)

can you state some good ones in this range?

ty

ty

EVGA G/P2 850W are good, any SeaSonic psu, and corsair RMi/RMxs are good but tend to be a bit pricey.

ty

Hmm? Well, ones that won't break the bank are as follows

Antec High Current Gamer/Pro/Platinum 850W

SeaSonic X-series 850W (this one is pricy but it's worth it)

EVGA G2/GS 850W

Any XFX 850W unit

Super Flower Leadex 850W

RMi/HX/HXi/AX/AXi 850W (these are VERY pricy though)

Thermaltake ToughPower 850W (shocking, I know)

FSP Aurum Pro 850W

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

In some but not all applications, yes. It also costs a third as much.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

In some but not all applications, yes. It also costs a third as much.

It's better across the board - Titan Z has a single 90mm fan cooling 2 250W TDP cores. 295X2 has an AiO and a fan cooling 2 280W TDP cores.

It's better across the board - Titan Z has a single 90mm fan cooling 2 250W TDP cores. 295X2 has an AiO and a fan cooling 2 280W TDP cores.

I was just thinking. i know that the Titan Z cooling solution is terrible.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                

I was just thinking. i know that the Titan Z cooling solution is terrible.

20% slower Titan cores aren't really impressive. #NvidiaAreHot.

20% slower Titan cores aren't really impressive. #NvidiaAreHot.

Fair enough. I am defeated guiz

3.Use

i own one, had it for 6months or so now..

micro stutter isnt REALLY an issue. It mostly happens when overclocked or in valley/heaven and sometimes as of late, also Firestrike..

Driver support is not an issue. Download the beta drivers, AMD is just too cheap and lazy to certify their drivers as WHQL, so they release beta drivers instead. Been using AMD since the end of 2012. Their drivers hasnt let me down more then 4-5 times in that time-frame....

Nvidia had 4-5 failures in a month after the drivers following Witcher 3 came out and still have some issues, although now mainly with W10.

i own one, had it for 6months or so now..

micro stutter isnt REALLY an issue. It mostly happens when overclocked or in valley/heaven and sometimes as of late, also Firestrike..

Driver support is not an issue. Download the beta drivers, AMD is just too cheap and lazy to certify their drivers as WHQL, so they release beta drivers instead. Been using AMD since the end of 2012. Their drivers hasnt let me down more then 4-5 times in that time-frame....

Nvidia had 4-5 failures in a month after the drivers following Witcher 3 came out and still have some issues, although now mainly with W10.

I heard from another R9 295X2 user that micro stutter was a big issue... myabe he had an agressive overclock or something. I know AMD drivers are better than Nvidia; but I was fairly sure that they like had stopped supporting the R9 295X2 in preparedness for the FuryX2. Nevermind then, thanks for letting me know. I really don't see why the R9 295X2 isn't recommended more then...

Its still currently the most powerful card in the market (for the game that support crossfire of course)

But with that power consumption, you can provide electricity for a whole village in Africa for a week.