295x2?

Arwanell

I heard from another R9 295X2 user that micro stutter was a big issue... myabe he had an agressive overclock or something. I know AMD drivers are better than Nvidia; but I was fairly sure that they like had stopped supporting the R9 295X2 in preparedness for the FuryX2. Nevermind then, thanks for letting me know. I really don't see why the R9 295X2 isn't recommended more then...

as i am writing this, i have my core at 2.5% (down from 7%... Core OC really causes lots of stutters). On the contrary, i jacked my memory from 1250 (stock) to 1600.... And i may have a little tiny bit more to go on with my memory before it hit the limit....

Seriously though. One must accept that every card is made of specially binned chips. Some of these will be better then others. Maybe he got some hawaii GPUs that was just "barely" good neough.

HOWEVER, there is "TWO" types of R9 295x2.

One is based out of "Hawaii" (latest release) and the one i have the GPU is codenamed "Vesuvius" (first release). Whether this has any correlation what so ever i dunno. But there is two iterations of the cores. They are clocked differently and have separate BIOS versions. So they are NOT totally the same... Even though ALL R9 295x2 is physically made by Sapphire specifically to AMDs specifications. This is why Sapphire are the only ones who did a OC versions.