Scrapyard war idea

c_marriott

I was just watching the newest video and I thought about what they could do next time and this came to me:

What would happen if they got their least-knowledgeable employees to do the challenge (Taran,  but they could go to the more knowledgeable employees (Linus, Luke etc.) but every time they ask them for help they lose points, maybe they only get 3 bits of advice or something like that.

Thought it would be interesting to see them go around looking for decent parts rather than people who know more about what they're doing.

(Sorry if there is already a thread for this)

CPU: FX-6300 GPU: Sapphire R9 380X MOBO: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB PSU: XFX XTR 550W CASE: Zalman Z11 Plus SSD: Samsung 840 Evo

17 years old, PC Enthusiast for 3. Be gentle with me, I'm only young.

I was just watching the newest video and I thought about what they could do next time and this came to me:

What would happen if they got their least-knowledgeable employees to do the challenge (Tiran,  but they could go to the more knowledgeable employees (Linus, Luke etc.) but every time they ask them for help they lose points, maybe they only get 3 bits of advice or something like that.

Thought it would be interesting to see them go around looking for decent parts rather than people who know more about what they're doing.

I'd totally watch that. It was already funny watching them setup their own stations, so having them sort through ads for older hardware would be hilarious. As long as they don't cut out all the diagnostic parts. Call me a sadist, but watching someone struggle with diagnosing PC hardware is pretty funny to me.

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

I'd totally watch that. It was already funny watching them setup their own stations, so having them sort through ads for older hardware would be hilarious. As long as they don't cut out all the diagnostic parts. Call me a sadist, but watching someone struggle with diagnosing PC hardware is pretty funny to me.

My thoughts exactly!

CPU: FX-6300 GPU: Sapphire R9 380X MOBO: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB PSU: XFX XTR 550W CASE: Zalman Z11 Plus SSD: Samsung 840 Evo

What would happen if they got their least-knowledgeable employees to do the challenge (Tiran,  but they could go to the more knowledgeable employees (Linus, Luke etc.) but every time they ask them for help they lose points, maybe they only get 3 bits of advice or something like that.

The grammar police arrived.

1. It's TARAN not TIRAN

2.  Some advice not Bits of advice

But hey on the second one I'm kind of messing with you but with the first one I'm not :)  

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

1. It's TARAN not TIRAN

But hey on the second one I'm kind of messing with you but with the first one I'm not :)  

Oops, sorry, my bad!

1. It's TARAN not TIRAN

Umm, "bits of advice" is perfectly acceptable grammar. The grammar police needs a new commissioner. I recommend Frank Reagan or Jim Gordon. 

Oops, sorry, my bad!

It's ok. TBH I'm surprised it was just that. I swear some people must be drunk when writing posts so it ends up all messed up. (Or they just happen to have a different first language than english)

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Not a fan of the current series they've got, wasn't as entertaining as the first time they've down Scrapeyard wars. Really wish they would've really mixed it up on this one.

Mid-range Emulation Gaming and Video Rendering PC

[CPU] i7 4790k 4.7GHz & 1.233v Delidded w/ CLU & vice method [Cooling] Corsair H100i [Mobo] Asus Z97-A [GPU] MSI GTX 1070 SeaHawk X[RAM] G.Skill TridentX 2400 9-11-11-30 CR1 [PSU] Corsair 750M 

Umm, "bits of advice" is perfectly acceptable grammar. The grammar police needs a new commissioner. I recommend Frank Reagan or Jim Gordon. 

No way! Have you seen the new Grammar Police commissioner, It's Luke! JK

Not a fan of the current series they've got, wasn't as entertaining as the first time they've down Scrapeyard wars. Really wish they would've really mixed it up on this one.

I'm not enjoying it as much as before, mainly because its just a simple go out and buy rather than a proper challenge like the custom water cooling before.

This is a fantastic idea, 10/10.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

I would love if they weren't really annoying and I mean seriously annoying in their ability  to put out 1 scarp yard wars video per week (it need to come down to 1 per  2-3 days) and the amount of videos per day needs to go from 1 video/day to 2

No way! Have you seen the new Grammar Police commissioner, It's Luke! JK

Until Luke gets a Tom Selleck mustache, he will never be commissioner. After all, that is where great commissioners draw their power.

I'd love to see them build a bang-for-the-buck computer with a fixed budget of, like, 600 CAD :D

i7 6700k - 32GB DDR4-2133 - GTX 980

I'd love to see them build a bang-for-the-buck computer with a fixed budget of, like, 600 CAD :D

Or give them as much money as possible and see them go out and buy a really cheap GPU for like 200$

Such a good idea,

in addition to taran i would also love to see dennis - His personality is so good.

Maybe a little bit of Nicky V???

Possibly, I can't remember exactly who was the worst out of all of them

Yeah I'd probably enjoy that. Pretty much any video similar to watching them build their PC's. That was hilarious. Maybe have three of them team up in a Scrapyard Wars against Luke and Linus? 3 against 2 for a slight handicap :P 

i7 3820 -- 8 GB RAM -- Zotac GTX 970

Yeah I'd probably enjoy that. Pretty much any video similar to watching them build their PC's. That was hilarious. Maybe have three of them team up in a Scrapyard Wars against Luke and Linus? 3 against 2 for a slight handicap :P

had that thought earlier but feel like they'd still be at a disadvantage 

Maybe you should PM @LinusTech!

May Our Framerates Be High And Our Temperatures Be Low.

PSUs: EVGA B2/G2/GQ/GS, Corsair RMx/i, Grey-Label CXM, Everything Seasonic/Delta/Super Flower, XFX except XT

Use pcpartpicker.com

Maybe you should PM @LinusTech!

I might just do that!

Definitely, I can imagine how hilarious this would be already, please make it happen!