Best Camera Smartphone?

I am searching for a ballin' smartphone that should fit this requirements:

- capeable of shooting 4k video (that looks crisp)

- I don't care about the selfie camera

- USB Type-C (capeable of moving data) OR microSD card slot

- 3.5mm jack (i know but just in case)

Please leave me your suggestion!

blubb

I am searching for a ballin' smartphone that schould fit this requirements:

- capeable of shooting 4k video (that looks crisp)

- I don't care about the selfie camera

- USB Type-C (capeable of moving data) OR microSD card slot

- 3.5mm jack (i know but just in case)

Please leave me your suggestion!

http://www.dxomark.com/Mobiles

In order of best to worse cameras

Xperia Z6

S6 Edge

Nexus 6P

LG G4

Note 4

Moto X Style

Z3+

iPhone 6s/6s Plus (for ois)

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Xperia Z6

S6 Edge

Nexus 6P

LG G4

Note 4

Moto X Style

Z3+

What shall I add...

Es the camera of the Edge different from the one in the normal S6?

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

I own the G4, it's a very good phone, largely because the default OS is not completely horrible. Camera is very good but not amazing in low light- good post processing though.

What shall I add...

Es the camera of the Edge different from the one in the normal S6?

Same camera (99% sure)

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Just so you know, the USB type-C connector on smartphones is currently USB 2.0. So if it's speed, you're after, it won't matter. Samsung Galaxy S6 and  LG G4 both have an awesome camera and Mini-B connector. But if it's a deal breaker, here's a list of phones with Type-C connectors. Can't see a single one that's known for a quality camera.

Xperia Z6

S6 Edge

Nexus 6P

LG G4

Note 4

Moto X Style

Z3+

@Klorkson

Those are the ones you should look at. They're the only ones that have expandable storage.

Personally I'd go Z5.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

@Klorkson

Those are the ones you should look at. They're the only ones that have expandable storage.

Personally I'd go Z5.

He didnt say it HAD to have Micro sd, just that you could offload footage from it

but yeah Z5 is really really good

if you need OIS for video the 6s plus is really good for 4k video

He didnt say it HAD to have Micro sd, just that you could offload footage from it

but yeah Z5 is really really good

if you need OIS for video the 6s plus is really good for 4k video

I'd almost argue that the Note 5 would be a better choice. Easier to hold, bigger screen.

I think he's looking for higher speed storage, which he was hoping to get from Type C not realizing it's simply an interconnect. So I imagine he won't be interested in transfers via usb OTG.

Does Apple even support that?

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

I'd almost argue that the Note 5 would be a better choice. Easier to hold, bigger screen.

I think he's looking for higher speed storage, which he was hoping to get from Type C not realizing it's simply an interconnect. So I imagine he won't be interested in transfers via usb OTG.

Does the note 5 have OIS? if so then sure that would be a good option too

I just love the imaging apps on iOS, like Manual Camera, Filmic Pro, VCSO etc - super awesome apps for filming/photos - and lots of good editors too - I know android has some too, but iOS is full of good ones

Transferring video over USB? yeah you just plug it in and drag off the photos and videos (or use the normal windows import tool if you so wish)

I just love the imaging apps on iOS, like Manual Camera, Filmic Pro, VCSO etc - super awesome apps for filming/photos - and lots of good editors too - I know android has some too, but iOS is full of good ones

Transferring video over USB? yeah you just plug it in and drag off the photos and videos (or use the normal windows import tool if you so wish)

Yea the Note 5 Camera is pretty much the same as the Galaxy S6 camera. Though the OIS has a lot of jello effect on the video, nevertheless the videos are super amazing from my S6 Edge. That said, 32gb on board storage with no expandable micro SD is the big catch from it being the best freaking phone I could ask for. (also god damn it battery! Last longer!)

Yeah i was thinking with that flash storage in phones it would be usb 3.1 or at least 3.0 speeds ..

Thanks for that tip!

blubb

@Klorkson

Personally I'd go Z5.

Didn't the Moto X Style have microSD?

CSBaGs-WIAEjSgd.png

blubb

Yeah for transfer I had the experience with my Samsung Galaxy S4mini which, for whatever reason, didn't support that drap'n'drop

blubb

It sure does!

Yeah, Apple always has nice apps. Though they're usually pay and Androids are usually free. I find that kind of funny.

Yeah, I knew it could work from Windows, just not sure if it'd work onto say a USB drive.

Yea the Note 5 Camera is pretty much the same as the Galaxy S6 camera. Though the OIS has a lot of jello effect on the video, nevertheless the videos are super amazing from my S6 Edge. That said, 32gb on board storage with no expandable micro SD is the big catch from it being the best freaking phone I could ask for. (also god damn it battery! Last longer!)

I wouldn't know I never use video. Lots of pictures though. Love it compared to my Nexus 5, it makes it seem like a kids toy!

Though since it was three times the price, it'd better be a little better.

I'm almost 100% sure they'll add it back into the next iteration. It'll be a selling feature. I imagine they're running out of things to do to excite people about the Note line.

Next year I'm thinking finger print scanner built into the screen, return of microSD expansion, 4k display, much improved battery life, and USB Type C.

Yeah i was thinking with that flash storage in phones it would be usb 3.1 or at least 3.0 speeds ..

Thanks for that tip!

Aye.

I'd honestly go with the Sony if that's the main thing you're after. Or you could wait a little bit and see if Panasonic will bother making another camera phone.

Have you considered a Windows Phone? It's supposed to have a pretty good camera, has USB Type C, as well as a massive battery and microSD expansion.

If you can deal with the lack fo a few key apps, then that might be an excellent choice as well.

Didn't the Moto X Style have microSD?

CSBaGs-WIAEjSgd.png

It does, I was just too lazy to go back and change my post when I remembered.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

I actually just got the Xperia Z5 compact earlier this month, and have been playing around with the camera when I'm out and about taking walks.

Here's a Puu.sh gallery I made of some of the photos I've taken over the past month.

Some of these where with the "smart auto" setting which I eventually determined to be terrible in almost every situation, so the first thing you should do if you get this phone is learn the manual setting. These where taken at 20 megapixel (5984 x 3366) and downsampled to 1920 x 1080, the 23 megapixel setting is at a 4:3 aspect ratio so I haven't bothered with it.

I haven't used the video recording part of the phone, but from what I've seen online it can record about 45~ minutes of 4K footage before the snapdragon 810 octa-core gets too hot and tells you it needs to cool off - which is more than enough time to record whatever you need to record at 4K IMO.