just Had a crazy idea!

Indus Monk

I was thinking... is it possible to put a reference cooler on a non reference card???

Indus Monk = Indian+ Buddhist

913.gif

CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.6 ghz  Motherboard: Asus z170-a  Cooling: Corsair h80i GT GPU: EVGA GTX 970  Ram: G.Skill 2x8 gb ddr4 2400  PSU: EVGA G2 Supernova 550w  Case: Corsair 200r Storage: 250GB 850 EVO + 2x wd 1 tb drives

Why would you do that?

Anyhow it should have a reference board and even if it does it could be tricky, but I'm not sure.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

I was thinking... is it possible to put a reference cooler on a non reference card???

If the Card has a Reference PCB it would probably work but if its a PCB made by the Manuf then i doubt it would be easy to make it fit the oem cooler and if you did it wouldnt look like an oem as it wouldnt sit exactly the same, Either way wouldnt the 3rd party solution work better? all that work for lessCooling?

913.gif

Why would you do that?

Anyhow it should have a reference board and even if it does it could be tricky, but I'm not sure.

just curious

If the Card has a standard PCB it would probably work but if its a PCB made by the Manuf then i doubt it would be easy to make it look like an oem Cooler, Either way wouldnt the 3rd party solution work better? all that work for lessCooling?

how about a cooler from palit? their cards have a reference PCB.

Your moving in the wrong direction

<THE SILENT ASSASSIN>CPU(Intel i5-4690K)||COOLER(corsair H100i)||MOB(asus Maximus VII Hero ATX)||RAM(16gb of corsair vengeance)||STORAGE(Intel 530 128gb)(Samsung 850 Pro 500gb)(WD 2tb Black)||GRAPHICS(2 x Asus strix 970)||CASE(Nzxt H440)||PSU(Corsair RM750W)>http://pcpartpicker.com/b/Bbpbt6

how about a cooler from palit? their cards have a reference PCB.

I mean if your serious about this you would have to make sure its 100% Reference PCB then somewhere get diagrams of it with holes and such for mounting and the dimensions before attempting, but to buy a card specifically to maybe rig a stock cooler doesn't make sense why not just buy the reference card to begin with 

no

even if they use the reference pcb that doesnt mean the components they put on the pcb are the same size and height

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020