Before you throw your money at Microsoft for Halo 5....

ShadyHost

Let me share my experience with Microsoft and their stupid practices. 

I bought my first 360 in 2006. I ended up owning 7 of them. Yes 7!!! (Thanks RROD)

Fast forward to November of 2012, I had spent probably a thousand or two hours playing various games and who knows how much money on DLC and Xbox Live subscriptions. One day in early November I got a message while logging in that my account had been banned for "pre-release play." I thought this was strange as I hadn't played any games that weren't out yet and nobody else in my house plays Xbox so it's not like they did anything. 

I tired my best to contact every support channel that Microsoft had to offer and every answer I got back was "you deserved it" or something like "the enforcement team never misses" 

So basically Microsoft took a "valued" and loyal customer and took everything they had spent and threw it in the trash without offering a second look or as much as an explanation. Not a single piece of information regarding why I was banned. I don't even know what game they THOUGHT I was playing. I have no information whatsoever.

Reason why I bring this up now is I was at Gamestop today, money in hand, ready to drop like $500 on the new Halo Xbox to finally play a next gen Halo game but then I remember this whole fiasco and why I simply don't hand money over to Microsoft. I'm buying a used console off Craigslist just so Microsoft won't gain any money and I guess I'll fork over for Xbox Live because there's no other option. 

inb4 "you obviously did something"

.....oh and they banned the console too

lol 7 xboxes I had 18

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

correction: it was late October I was banned. It also said I had inappropriate stuff on my profile which my BIO was empty and I'd had the same gamertag for like 4 years. My name was "Circumventor"

3stLKUR.png

Someone probably got a hold of your account.

On xbox 360 you had to "recover" a gamertag. Mine never left my console. 

Check my edit, my money is on your IP was given a ban.

I doubt anyone hated me that bad online to spoof my IP or something. I did stream for a little while but I wasn't that great or anything. I was DDOSed a few times but nothing too serious. 

Not sure why Microsoft would target my IP

I doubt anyone hated me that bad online to spoof my IP or something. I did stream for a little while but I wasn't that great or anything. I was DDOSed a few times but nothing too serious. 

Not sure why Microsoft would target my IP

Ah, a DDoS. Were any of those DDoS attacks targeted or just random?

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Ah, a DDoS. Were any of those DDoS attacks targeted or just random?

I mean they were trying to take down my stream I assume. I started streaming back in 2011 before Twitch existed. I was probably 2nd or 3rd on the list in terms of viewers for Halo and I saw the transition from Justin.tv to Twitch.tv

I mean they were trying to take down my stream I assume. I started streaming back in 2011 before Twitch existed. I was probably 2nd or 3rd on the list in terms of viewers for Halo and I saw the transition from Justin.tv to Twitch.tv

Your IP was probably spoofed then, as stupid as it sounds.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

I guess I'm lucky. Bought the 360 Pro in 2009, I've never had a RROD or anything wrong with XBox LIVE. How do so many people have problems?

I used to be quite active here.

I guess I'm lucky. Bought the 360 Pro in 2009, I've never had a RROD or anything wrong with XBox LIVE. How do so many people have problems?

I bought the Core or whatever it was called. I moved to the Elite in 2007 after the core broke and then I owned a few Pros until the Slim came out. A few Slims came with faulty DVD drives and then the 6th one got banned along with the account I mentioned in the original post. 

I had #7 until the Xbox One came out

I had rrod twice, I just let it sit for a couple days and it was fine. In fact I only got a slim xbox because my dad got me one for  christmas. The only thing wrong with the old one was the disc drive, which isnt hard to replace. But in terms of reliablitity, my xbox one(specificlly the software) is all over the place. I cant wait for the new update. As for account ban, well I dont know what to say. Ive usually had good expierences with the support team and MS in general. I just wish Xbox live wasnt so god damn expensive. Still, atleast it doesnt fail everytime someone sneezes *cough psn

my 360 has never RROD

my brothers did, we fixed it, it never happened again, both still work to this day

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Interesting, i still have my 360 from 2008, loud and slow but still running like ever. Usually, bans due to playing a pre-release game get lifted after the game is released to prevent spoilers or hinder people from showing stuff that isn't supposed to be shared yet.

Since Halo 5 is produced by one of the most incompetent AAA-developers out there, I wouldn't buy this for my non-existant Xbone anyway (remember H4 and MCC).

144Hz goodness