Fallout 4 Robbaz PC Mod

APrettyCoolWalrus

Amazing computer mod made by one of my favorite youtubers, Robbaz!

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

How is a tube radio design from the 50's not straight out of fallout?

Because Fallout doesn't happen in the 50's? And nothing about that design says Fallout. Still cool, but it you weren't primed and couldn't see the screen you wouldn't say Fallout. Looks like the 6x9 speaker box my first car had more than anything out of Fallout.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

Because Fallout doesn't happen in the 50's?

This is the dumbest thing I've read today

Why do you think the games have Frank Sinatra music and shit? 

Have you even played a Fallout game? 

Do you even know why there's so much old world stuff in them?

Because Fallout doesn't happen in the 50's? And nothing about that design says Fallout. Still cool, but it you weren't primed and couldn't see the screen you wouldn't say Fallout. Looks like the 6x9 speaker box my first car had more than anything out of Fallout.

The music style used in Fallout and the surroundings are clearly inspired by the 50's and that screen looks like a Pipboy...

Pipboy:

545918-pipboy3000.jpg

That PC:

wWhFMC5.png

i like how fast this topic turned into an argument if the thing is 'Fallout' or not. :P

anyway, awesome mod! pretty curious as to what temps he's getting in that box.

Fallout 3 had a tube radio in the fucking trailer. Come on dude. :D

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

Not even sure how to approach this. Have you played any of the Fallouts other than 3 and NV? Have you seen the dates?

The music style used in Fallout and the surroundings are clearly inspired by the 50's and that screen looks like a Pipboy...

Yes, but in it's own distinct way. Now if they had made that a radio, pure win. But the computers have a distinct style.

Not even sure how to approach this. Have you played any of the Fallouts other than 3 and NV? Have you seen the dates?

Yes, but in it's own distinct way. Now if they had made that a radio, pure win. But the computers have a distinct style.

Have you fucking seen the environments? Why do you think there's so much retro 40's and 50's shit? 

Lol. 

You don't even know the plot, when the bombs dropped, why all the things from the old world pre-nuclear are 50's stuff.

Just stop talking if you don't know what you're talking about.

Well technically he's right... The Great War was in 2077, and the games take place around the 2200's. But the technology is straight out of the 50's, there's no denying that.

A Guide For Getting Started With Linux

My first rig:   CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860k Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 MoBo: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-DH3 Video Card: EVGA GTX 750 Ti Superclocked RAM: 8GB Kingston HyperX Fury White 1866MHz Storage: WD Blue 1TB PSU: EVGA 100-W1-0500-KR Case: Rosewill SRM-01

Thread

This is why we can't have nice things...

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

You guys are getting way too excited over this. It's cool, obviously took a lot of skilled labor. It's just not "Fallout", I've played them all.

I'm pretty sure there weren't plasma rifles in the 50's. The inspiration is there since the cold war never ended. Those grills on top say anything but 50's inspired, along with the keyboard. The stain on the wood is 20's, Fallout tends to have painted wood.

Well technically he's right... The Great War was in 2077, and the games take place around the 2200's. But the technology is straight out of the 50's, there's no denying that.

Did you know the Transistor was not invented until 2067 in the Fallout universe but was invented in 1947 in ours?

I'm sorry you guys know nothing about the lore of Fallout.

You guys are getting way too excited over this. It's cool, obviously took a lot of skilled labor. It's just not "Fallout", I've played them all.

I'm pretty sure there weren't plasma rifles in the 50's. The inspiration is there since the cold war never ended. Those grills on top say anything but 50's inspired, along with the keyboard. The stain on the wood is 20's, Fallout tends to have painted wood.

You've played them all, but know nothing about the story.

You've played them all, but know nothing about the story.

PM me if you want to have a pissing match, if you think there were flat screen monitors in the fallout universe. I eagerly await :D

Did you know the Transistor was not invented until 2067 in the Fallout universe but was invented in 1947 in ours?

I'm sorry you guys know nothing about the lore of Fallout.

No, I worded that wrong. I was trying to be a smartass... probably should've just kept my mouth shut lol. All I was saying is that he's right about the games not taking place in the 50's. I'm fully aware that the Fallout timeline is completely different than ours.

A Guide For Getting Started With Linux

My first rig:   CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860k Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 MoBo: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-DH3 Video Card: EVGA GTX 750 Ti Superclocked RAM: 8GB Kingston HyperX Fury White 1866MHz Storage: WD Blue 1TB PSU: EVGA 100-W1-0500-KR Case: Rosewill SRM-01

No, I worded that wrong. I was trying to be a smartass... probably should've just kept my mouth shut lol. All I was saying is that he's right about the games not taking place in the 50's. I'm fully aware that the Fallout timeline is completely different than ours.

Okay, see he thinks the timeline is the same as real life or based on it.

Meanwhile in the Fallout universe, 2067 is basically 1947 our time in many ways, which is why everything is 40's and 50's styled when the bombs dropped in 2077.

2067-2077 is 1947-1957, but not exactly.

Okay, see he thinks the timeline is the same as real life or based on it.

Meanwhile in the Fallout universe, 2067 is basically 1947 our time in many ways, which is why everything is 40's and 50's styled when the bombs dropped in 2077.

2067-2077 is 1947-1957, but not exactly.

I'd appreciate you not speaking for me. Though Fallout is not based on our universe/history it does have a timeline that exceeds our own. That is an important distinction. The computer doesn't follow it, that is why I said it's not very fallout. I'm not insulting the person who built it, or anyone who likes it. I'm stating an opinion. Something you seem to be against, so if you have an axe to grind, send that PM.

I'd appreciate you not speaking for me. Though Fallout is not based on our universe/history it does have a timeline that exceeds our own. That is an important distinction. The computer doesn't follow it, that is why I said it's not very fallout. I'm not insulting the person who built it, or anyone who likes it. I'm stating an opinion. Something you seem to be against, so if you have an axe to grind, send that PM.

I find it funny how that old fashioned radio is nothing like Fallout apparently despite these being the radio's in Fallout

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/fallout/images/3/31/Radio.png/revision/20110404204028

Are you sure you've played Fallout?