[Minecraft] Help with designing a natural-looking waterfall.

Dobbsjr

I'm making an underground forest in my world and one of the things I'm having trouble with is making a waterfall. 

Here's the basic structure of how I want the water to flow(follow the green wool). The world download is also included.

zK48z4A.png

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xp7gu37qpwnvaj5/AAC-kadPuQvOqdIv1wxEvHoHa?dl=0

Did my post help you? Then make sure to rate it!

Check out my post on symbolic links! || PSU ranking and tiers || Pokemon Thread

Put the water how you want it, build upon it on the sides to put it in that area.

Just make it look right, natural is not the right word choice. Just making it look right is all that is needed.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

When i play i always find it hard to make them look "Natural" Since water falls spawn differently in different places... Like some are just 1 block wide and then go straight down, some are huge and cascade down hill sides. I tend to make them look better, like more decorative than a natural one.

When i play i always find it hard to make them look "Natural" Since water falls spawn differently in different places... Like some are just 1 block wide and then go straight down, some are huge and cascade down hill sides. I tend to make them look better, like more decorative than a natural one.

We are different :)

I find it wuite easy to make a huge mountain with a lake, a natural water fall rolling down the side, ect. It obviously is not naturaly generated; however, it looks right.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

spam water now and it might be fine xD

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

if youre running this on the build in your sig you can turn up the smoothing of light

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pxltqy7qk1qp3fy/AAAud8GQfkELU09E30MMWJG1a?dl=0

here's my attempt it's still going to be syncing for a bit.

I'd do it a little bit more vertical, most waterfalls aren't like water flowing down the stairs, but more like a stream that went 90° to the floor. Add a couple of rocks between the flowing water and the bottom of it, so it looks like it'd be dangerous to fall off in there. You can also do those puddles at the middle of the fall, so it would be like 2+ waterfalls one in top of another

I'd do it a little bit more vertical, most waterfalls aren't like water flowing down the stairs, but more like a stream that went 90° to the floor. Add a couple of rocks between the flowing water and the bottom of it, so it looks like it'd be dangerous to fall off in there. You can also do those puddles at the middle of the fall, so it would be like 2+ waterfalls one in top of another

Actually what you described might just be what I'm looking for. Thanks. :)