I am looking for the BEST 7.1 Surround Sound Gaming Headphones

Matte o2
Go to solution Solved by JebKerman,

Wich open back headphone do you think is best?

I want ones that I can really tell where the enemy is, I used some in a store I cold tell perfectly where all the enemies where

Something like an Audio-Technica ATH-AD---X (AD500X, AD700X, AD900X, AD2000X (whatever fits the budget)) series of headphone should be good, they have a focus towards higher tones, like footsteps, while the bass is more sharp and punchy as opposed to boomy

I am looking for the BEST 7.1 Surround Sound Gaming Headphones, with the price under £200.

Any Recommendations?

I really want them to be 7.1 so I can really tell where the enemy is at in FPSs.

Also I want them to have very good build quallity and very good audio quality with good base to listen to music too.

Any thoughts?

PS Any Brand is fine

7.1 wont be good for that

if you want the best

get a open air headset with a modmic 4.0. it will destroy any 7.1 gaming headset

"God created war so that Americans would learn geography"

Does the Audio-technica ATH-AG1, or ATH-ADG1 fit that budget, if so, go with them. if not, go with the above.

although, i'f it's just headphone's (as opposed to headsets, headphones+mic) you're after, you can do better.

Aftermarket 980Ti >= Fury X >= Reference 980Ti > Fury > 980 > 390X > 390 >= 970 380X > 380 >= 960 > 950 >= 370 > 750Ti = 360

"The Orange Box" || CPU: i5 4690k || RAM: Kingston Hyper X Fury 16GB || Case: Aerocool DS200 (Orange) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate || Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 240GB + WD Black 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM750 || Mobo: ASUS Z97-A || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

"Unnamed Form Factor Switch" || CPU: i7 6700K || RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB || Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Mini ITX (White) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate (Green Cover) || Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 1TB || PSU: XFX XTR 550W || Mobo: ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

I really want them to be 7.1 so I can really tell where the enemy is at in FPSs.

Nope, you want a really set of open back stereo headphones, that will give you the best sound quality and the best soundstage for directional sound

7.1 audio in headphones is better replicated in software, ie the game does it itself, or you can use razor surround software to add it to games that dont

In a living room 7.1 works because the speakers are positioned around you in 3d space,  - you cant do that with headphones, since all 7 speakers are 1cm away from your ear, there is no "front" or "back" speakers, because all the speakers in a headphone are to the left and right of your head

so get some DT880s or something

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

the best 7.1 headphone is the one that doesn't resort to Gimmicky marketing.
Open backed is best

Sooo.... What I really want is some "open back" headset? No mic needed

the best 7.1 headphone is the one that doesn't resort to Gimmicky marketing.

Open backed is best

I want ones that I can really tell where the enemy is, I used some in a store I cold tell perfectly where all the enemies where

Something like an Audio-Technica ATH-AD---X (AD500X, AD700X, AD900X, AD2000X (whatever fits the budget)) series of headphone should be good, they have a focus towards higher tones, like footsteps, while the bass is more sharp and punchy as opposed to boomy

Aftermarket 980Ti >= Fury X >= Reference 980Ti > Fury > 980 > 390X > 390 >= 970 380X > 380 >= 960 > 950 >= 370 > 750Ti = 360

"The Orange Box" || CPU: i5 4690k || RAM: Kingston Hyper X Fury 16GB || Case: Aerocool DS200 (Orange) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate || Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 240GB + WD Black 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM750 || Mobo: ASUS Z97-A || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

"Unnamed Form Factor Switch" || CPU: i7 6700K || RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB || Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Mini ITX (White) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate (Green Cover) || Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 1TB || PSU: XFX XTR 550W || Mobo: ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+