Am I the only one who loves "jaggies" ?

Kuzma

I can't play shooter games with anti-aliasing :/ I hate everything being smooth because real life isn't smooth at all o.o everything is crisp and sharp and corners look like corners not some toddler's bedroom. Also it throws off my aim down sights xD I can't aim for shit with anti-aliasing.

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

As far as I'm aware, yes.....

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

So youre telling me a wire in real life looks like a staircase and you prefer that over the cable being smooth?

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

I play all my FPS games on the lowest possible settings...so yeah I know what you mean.

There's a time and place for everything! But not now. - Professor Oak

i7 2600K 4.3GHz  -  GTX 1060 3GB  - ASUS P8Z68-V - 16GB DDR3-1600 CL9 - EIZO 1080p 120Hz VA

Intel Skulltrail: 2x Core 2 Quad QX9775 - Intel D5400XS - 16GB FB DDR2-800 CL5 Quad Channel

EVGA SR-2 Classified - 2x Xeon X5675 4.2GHz - 24GB DDR3-1830 C10 Triple Channel

Intel Skulltrail #2: 2x Xeon E5472  - Intel D5400XS - 16GB FB DDR2-667 CL5 Quad Channel

I'l take FXAA any day ;) .

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

I'll use FXAA or above in every game I play. Also, real life looks smooth. I don't see "jaggies." I see smooth lines.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Pro players actually play on low settings most of the time.

You can have FXAA and still be good but MSAA on other hands...

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

I prefer tearing over 60fps.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

I like my games pwetty and schmooth, as long as it doesn't go below 60fps I'll crank it up as far as it goes. I'll play the bane of jaggies any day!

Cheers,

Linus

I play all my FPS games on the lowest possible settings...so yeah I know what you mean.

Why?

hello

Why?

Better visibility and zero framedrops.

i7 2600K 4.3GHz  -  GTX 1060 3GB  - ASUS P8Z68-V - 16GB DDR3-1600 CL9 - EIZO 1080p 120Hz VA

Intel Skulltrail: 2x Core 2 Quad QX9775 - Intel D5400XS - 16GB FB DDR2-800 CL5 Quad Channel

Intel Skulltrail #2: 2x Xeon E5472  - Intel D5400XS - 16GB FB DDR2-667 CL5 Quad Channel

Better visibility and zero framedrops.

Better visibility? Do you even run single player on the lowest settings?

hello

Better visibility? Do you even run single player on the lowest settings?

Never played single player ;)

Never played single player ;)

What I don't get is, with lower graphics settings you can't see as far and what you can see in the distance looks like oem dell monitor. So how does it improve you visibility?

hello

@CreepingMoth Take BF3 for instance, less shadows and lower quality means that enemies will be easier to spot. Plus on low settings a lot of bushes and such aren't there anymore. Also I play on 800x600 @160Hz but that's a different topic :D

So youre telling me a wire in real life looks like a staircase and you prefer that over the cable being smooth?

The smooth wires in games don't look like the ones in real life :/ and the staircase is only evident if you're not playing at optimal view distance.

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

Mostly AA just add to input lag because of up and downsampling.So no AA for shooter for me.

gross

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

I'm too used to jaggies since I play BF3 on Playstation. When I have AA on PS3 I just can't play as well. It's probably a placebo.

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

Objects in real life ARE  smooth, not sure what are you talking about, that's the whole point of AA, to make virtual objects smoother and closer to real life.

Me personally I cant stand jaggies, they really bother me, i would much rather have low AF and shadows than have jaggies.

I don't understand. He's not talking about being realistic. He's talking about playing the game. He can't play with AA, it makes him worse. Why all this fuss about it not looking realistic?

I can deal with jaggies. I'd rather have the consistent frame rate. If that means living with jaggies, whatever. I'm not too worried about it.

I don't understand. He's not talking about being realistic. He's talking about playing the game. He can't play with AA, it makes him worse. Why all this fuss about it not looking realistic?

I can deal with jaggies. I'd rather have the consistent frame rate. If that means living with jaggies, whatever. I'm not too worried about it.

Did you read the OP?

I can't play shooter games with anti-aliasing :/ I hate everything being smooth because real life isn't smooth at all o.o everything is crisp and sharp and corners look like corners not some toddler's bedroom. Also it throws off my aim down sights xD I can't aim for shit with anti-aliasing.

In addition to saying that he cant play with AA, he also said real life isnt smooth, so the fuss is justified I think.

I really cant live without MSAA.

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

I used to play on console but once I started playing on PC i couln't stand jaggies when I played again on consoles.

#OhCrap #KilledMyWife