Planning a moderately "Balls-to-the-Walls" PC

So, because I feel the need for frames, I'll be upgrading my PC very shortly. 

I didn't put much thought into the motherboard, I like the heatsinks and pressed "Add to Cart" :P

I haven't been paying attention to detail with the Z170 motherboards, so any guidance on that would be appreciated.

I'm kind of hung on the PSU and CPU Cooler. I'd like to have some consistency in the PC and get a Dark Rock Pro 3 and a Straight Power 10, but I'm not certain because of the option for an AIO and also the 4 rail design of the Straight Power 10 lineup. On the other hand, they're made of really top components, and well, they certainly are damn quiet. 

Just a snip of what I've got added to the list already:

K6dXKeC.png

Keep in mind this is in AUD, the dollar of the kangaroo, not the Bill Clinton bills. 

What do you guys reckon? Am I good to fire away?

Cheers!

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

What do you plan on using this for?

CPU: I7 4790k  CPU Cooler: NH-D15 GPUMSI 970 4gb   Motherboard: z97 Gaming 5 PSU: Corsair hx850   Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8 gb  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo  Case: Air 540

That GPU is way too expensive. For that much you can get something like dual 390x and kill that card performance-wise. Other than that you're mostly good. For cooling a 240 AIO would be best.

-------

Current Rig

-------

What do you plan on using this for?

Just gaming, by tomorrow I'll probably realise that I don't need a Sea Hawk or 6700K and end up only just buying a 980 Ti G1 Gaming...

That GPU is way too expensive. For that much you can get something like dual 390x and kill that card performance-wise. Other than that you're mostly good. For cooling a 240 AIO would be best.

As above. 
And I always get caught up on all of the 240/280 AIOs, they're so many with quite a few being just updates. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

Just gaming, by tomorrow I'll probably realise that I don't need a Sea Hawk or 6700K and end up only just buying a 980 Ti G1 Gaming...

As above. 
And I always get caught up on all of the 240/280 AIOs, they're so many with quite a few being just updates. 

I'd say you only need 8 gigs of ram. MOBO is a bit overkill.

CPU: I7 4790k  CPU Cooler: NH-D15 GPUMSI 970 4gb   Motherboard: z97 Gaming 5 PSU: Corsair hx850   Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8 gb  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo  Case: Air 540

Moderately balls to the walls, that's far beyond that imo

500 Posts achieved 29/4/16 9:13PM

i7 980x Power! BeamnDrivionothbesgameComicSans

“I was the rebellious one.” - Maxene Andrews

Damn that's a nice hair flick 1981 Simon LeBon!

"Nothing gets you going like a juicy pussy!" - ashens

"what sorry blender isn't that what you make smoothe?" - pathole

"Yeah, well i'm a member of the waffen ss who lives with hitler in the bunker And i like modern music!" - Hans krebs loves fish

"We won world war 2 for a reason" - ironic shitposting is still shitposting

"Fight shooting game with pretty girls" - megami strike 1943

"You've got wood in an evo" - moog

"oxygofishafacematerialsotosis" - linus

"Vehicle stimulator" - crappy russian mod site

"The power table" - Nerdcubed

"Nuclear spaghetti" - ashens

FRANKIE SAYS RELAX!!!!

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($325.00 @ CPL Online)

CPU Cooler: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate 76.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($99.00 @ PCCaseGear)

Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($318.00 @ Centre Com)

Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($95.00 @ CPL Online)

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($145.00 @ IJK)

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($69.00 @ Centre Com)

Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 390X 8GB Video Card ($649.00 @ Centre Com)

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro M ATX Mid Tower Case ($109.00 @ PCCaseGear)

Power Supply: Antec 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($165.00 @ CPL Online)

Case Fan: Phanteks PH-F140SP_BK 82.1 CFM 140mm Fan ($20.00 @ CPL Online)

Case Fan: Phanteks PH-F140SP_BK 82.1 CFM 140mm Fan ($20.00 @ CPL Online)

Total: $2014.00

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-10-19 00:23 AEDT+1100

This is moderatly balls-to-the-walls.