Need a Replacment board for my Asus (x99) - Suggestions?

My second Asus Rampage V Extreme just failed. Both failed within 5 month period. I'm pretty much done with Asus what are some good alternatives? I was thinking of MSI Godlike motherboard. Is it just as good or Better then Asus?

Current Build: Project Frost
Gaming Rig Build: Project Ice Dragon

How about an MSI x99 sli

The over the top boards are really just a waste of $$

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

My second Asus Rampage V Extreme just failed. Both failed within 5 month period. I'm pretty much done with Asus what are some good alternatives? I was thinking of MSI Godlike motherboard. Is it just as good or Better then Asus?

I bought an ASRock x99x. I've been running my system into the ground with gaming, photo editing, and perpetual audio/video streaming. I haven't had a single issue.

I will keep my opinions reserved on ASUS and MSI... but I will say I do not recommend either brand.

I don't get why you're looking for a new board. Five months... it should still be under warranty.

I bought an ASRock x99x. I've been running my system into the ground with gaming, photo editing, and perpetual audio/video streaming. I haven't had a single issue.

I will keep my opinions reserved on ASUS and MSI... but I will say I do not recommend either brand.

I don't get why you're looking for a new board. Five months... it should still be under warranty.

I was able to get my money back, So now I have the option to get something better.

I was able to get my money back, So now I have the option to get something better.

A redo! Congratulations!

You aren't using a CX or super cheapo power supply are you?

That is very odd.... May want to look at other components to see if they are causing these failures....

| Ryzen 9 3950X | EVGA 1200P2 | AMD 5700XT | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero WiFi | G. Skill 4x16GB 3600Mhz CL16 F4-3600C16D-32GTZN | 2x1TB Samsung 980 Pro | Lian Li O11 Dynamic |

That is very odd.... May want to look at other components to see if they are causing these failures....

I know Asus has had bad QA with Rampage, could just be bad luck.

I would also go with ASRock. My X99m board has been perfect for almost an entire year now. No issues at all, the BIOS is not that immersive and feature-rich, but everything just works and has the essential things you need for overclocking. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here