Thoughts on Battlefield 4 with 64 players

Raccatography

Hi!

I find myself enjoying games with 42 players at maximum. 64 players is just almost always ridiculous in most maps. All the vehicles are active and it seems like there's a bullet shot every second. It's cinematic and amazing but too chaotic for me... Unless you're in a good position (like the top 5 players), I think you'll just get killed over and over again. With non-full servers, you have much more freedom to execute strategic moves (such as flanking)

Anyone here in the same shoes as I am? As in: people who don't enjoy full servers - they only enjoy half-filled servers?

i5 4670k | Noctua NH0-U12S | Asus Z97M Plus | Kingston HyperX Fury 8gb | Palit GTX 980 Ti Super Jetstream 6G | Samsung 850 EVO 250gb

WD Caviar Blue 1tb | Seasonic M12II 850W | Fractal Design Define R5 | Dell U3014 1600p 30" 60Hz

Corsair K65 | Razer Orochi | Bose QuietComfort 15 | Creative SBS A350 2.1

Hi!

I find myself enjoying games with 42 players at maximum. 64 players is just almost always ridiculous in most maps. All the vehicles are active and it seems like there's a bullet shot every second. It's cinematic and amazing but too chaotic for me... Unless you're in a good position (like the top 5 players), I think you'll just get killed over and over again. With non-full servers, you have much more freedom to execute strategic moves (such as flanking)

Anyone here in the same shoes as I am? As in: people who don't enjoy full servers - they only enjoy half-filled servers?

literal cancer on 64 players unless your on the big conquest maps

Hi!

I'll put it this way, if you get extremely lucky and have a team with people that communicate with each other, the enemy team will get barely any kills.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

literal cancer on 64 players unless your on the big conquest maps

Yes!

I'll put it this way, if you get extremely lucky and have a team with people that communicate with each other, the enemy team will get barely any kills.

Yup. I rarely get nice neck-and-neck 64 player games. I live in the SEA region so communication is almost nil. Not a lot of players here speak/chat in english. It's always refreshing to play with communicable allies or seasoned clans though. But then the opposition gets so demolished there's no more challenge haha

I don't understand why some PC players brag about their 64 player capacity when in reality it's almost always unplayable. 32 player servers are pretty good but PC's bigger maps can properly accommodate 42 players as well

i5 4670k | Noctua NH0-U12S | Asus Z97M Plus | Kingston HyperX Fury 8gb | Palit GTX 980 Ti Super Jetstream 6G | Samsung 850 EVO 250gb

WD Caviar Blue 1tb | Seasonic M12II 850W | Fractal Design Define R5 | Dell U3014 1600p 30" 60Hz

Corsair K65 | Razer Orochi | Bose QuietComfort 15 | Creative SBS A350 2.1

Yes!

Yup. I rarely get nice neck-and-neck 64 player games. I live in the SEA region so communication is almost nil. Not a lot of players here speak/chat in english. It's always refreshing to play with communicable allies or seasoned clans though. But then the opposition gets so demolished there's no more challenge haha

I don't understand why some PC players brag about their 64 player capacity when in reality it's almost always unplayable. 32 player servers are pretty good but PC's bigger maps can properly accommodate 42 players as well

Straight up, unless you have a good team or both teams are good, maps in all FPS are far too small for large amounts of players.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I choose 64er server when i just whant go on a brainless rampage. Like on Metro for example. 

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

I like it for: large conquest maps

Op locker pistols only server

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

IMO 64 players servers in BF4 are the best clusterfucks you can enjoy in this day and age. Not for too long though, after few weeks the endless shooting, especially tanks, gets to you and start raging (personal experience :D ).

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

I only filter for 48 and 64 player servers. I don't like small maps, the only exception is obviously the Metro/Locker servers that like to rip map limits apart, but they are very enjoyable. I love the chaos.

For the bigger maps in Conquest larger 64 is awesome. Maybe a little on the high side. 48 is my minimum though.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Imagine....64 players in operation locker. I have played it many times. It's just so chaotic.

Dude all I can say is that you'll see your K2D dropping like panties. Personally Playing 64 player severs is extremely chaotic and at many times I found cases of people hacking their way in the game for instance I saw a guy ranked 2  getting a 72 kill streak like wtf in operation locker and conquest for me is just a bit meh now because I'm not a big fan of vehicle combat to the point where they're the only things you can see on the map. Team Deathmatch and domination are my personal favourites. 

For large conquest I find 64 is right

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I like 48-64, 64 works well on the large maps but 48 works good on pretty much everything (conquest large aka conquest normal :P), the nice thing about 64 is as the night runs on and players drop out the server doesn't just suddenly die, when you start with 48 players it doesn't take much to make the server feel empty.

64 players does take some getting used to though, if your not familiar with it it can feel random but its all about positioning and watching how people are moving around the map.

I find it a struggle to find many games in UK without the season pass.

I'll take any amount of players!

64 on conquest large sounds decent. Too much for a lot of the other game modes.

Yeah, 64 players is only good on the larger Conquest-focused maps. Anything smaller and it's just stupid.

It is fun on some of them, though- there are lots of large-map only servers out there, check them out.

My PC: MSI X99s SLI PLUS///Intel i7 5820k///Corsair H100i///Crucial DDR4 12GB///EVGA Supernova Gold 750w G2///ASUS GTX 1080 Strix///Phanteks Enthoo Luxe///Intel 730 240GB SSD///WD Blue 1TB///Intel 6250 WiFi
Current Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598///Corsair K70 LUX///Logitech MX Master///Razer Destructor 2///Saitek X52///Acer X34 Predator

On Rush 64 players is just a cluster fuck and nothing gets done. They're not even the fun cluster fucks like large player count Insurgency push (basically rush/capture the zone mix) or 64 player Chivalry.

Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Steam | Twitch | YT | Build

the maps so tiny compared to BF2

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)