SSD synced to HDD, help unsync

I have recently purchased a Samsung 850 evo 500g. After I installed the hard drive the software prompted me to sync my new evo with my old hdd, without thinking I did. Is there a simple way to reverse this process?

Thank you for your time.  :D

I have recently purchased a Samsung 850 evo 500g. After I installed the hard drive the software prompted me to sync my new evo with my old hdd, without thinking I did. Is there a simple way to reverse this process?

Thank you for your time.  :D

What software? You only mentioned "the software" :P

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

I am going to assume it copied all the files from the drive to the SSD, If you still have all the files on the hard drive you could just simply format the SSD. 

That is if I am correct in assuming.

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

I am going to assume it copied all the files from the drive to the SSD, If you still have all the files on the hard drive you could just simply format the SSD. 

That is if I am correct in assuming.

L.E.D. it did copy all of the files from the previous hard drive to the new one. It also merged the two hard drives under the c drive title.

What software? You only mentioned "the software" :P

The standard software that came with the hard drive. :)

L.E.D. it did copy all of the files from the previous hard drive to the new one. It also merged the two hard drives under the c drive title.

Hmmm I dont suppose if you unplug the SSD that the system will still boot?

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Hmmm I dont suppose if you unplug the SSD that the system will still boot?

It probably will still boot. But then the problem would be removing the information.. meanwhile I will test your theory.

It probably will still boot. But then the problem would be removing the information.. meanwhile I will test your theory.

If it does still boot, get a image of Linux, cd, usb or what have you, it should see the drives as separate, and format the ssd

If it does still boot, get a image of Linux, cd, usb or what have you, it should see the drives as separate, and format the ssd

It booted with no hic-ups. I am not sure what you mean by image. I have cds ready to use. I am currently using windows 7.

It booted with no hic-ups. I am not sure what you mean by image. I have cds ready to use. I am currently using windows 7.

Boot up into linux, if you have a cd with it on it. Then format the SSD, or what you could try is in windows open the disk manager and see if you can format it through there.

Boot up into linux, if you have a cd with it on it. Then format the SSD, or what you could try is in windows open the disk manager and see if you can format it through there.

I was unable to format my SSD, it says I do not have write-privileges...? Also, I do not have linux or am familiar with use.

I was unable to format my SSD, it says I do not have write-privileges...? Also, I do not have linux or am familiar with use.

Dammit eh, sorry for the late response though. Umm what was the particular name of the software that you used to merge the two drives? 

Dammit eh, sorry for the late response though. Umm what was the particular name of the software that you used to merge the two drives? 

no worries, i am just bashing my head against the keyboard. haha 

Samsung data migration. = software

I have been skimming the interweb and haven't yeilded any results..

Also, i have tried to uninstall the Evo hard drive and all its software, but it is still mapped together... :((

no worries, i am just bashing my head against the keyboard. haha 

Samsung data migration. = software

I have been skimming the interweb and haven't yeilded any results..

Also, i have tried to uninstall the Evo hard drive and all its software, but it is still mapped together... :((

Is it possible when you had that software installed was there any settings that suggested reversing it? I tried to research it but couldn't find much information about it lol.

Is it possible when you had that software installed was there any settings that suggested reversing it? I tried to research it but couldn't find much information about it lol.

Nothing that suggested reversing. I am going to continue to explore my possibilities. Thank you for the help.

• 2 months later...

I was able to resolve this by reformatting hard drives and taking out my hdd. Once i  get my download pathing resolved ill be set.

Thank you guys for your help/input!!