Have you guys seen this router? netduma (cringe)

Rekx

Oh god i just saw this router being sponsored in a youtube video from a guy i follow on youtube. It cost 194 euro so i went to see what it's specs was. I was shocked when i saw them.

https://netduma.com/features/hardware/

Why would anyone recommend these? No 5ghz or AC for 194 euro :P

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

That's a switch, not a router...

They say router on their site.

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

I'm pretty sure it's a switch + an AP

Having problems with your fresh Windows 10 install? PM Me!
Windows 10- Want To Disable Telemetry, Disable Cortana, Disable Windows Updates? Look at my guide HERE
LTT Beginners Guide  | Community Standards | TN&R Posting Guidelines

I'm pretty sure it's a switch + an AP

Technically I'm still correct because it is still a switch :b

Oh god i just saw this router being sponsored in a youtube video from a guy i follow on youtube. It cost 194 euro so i went to see what it's specs was. I was shocked when i saw them.

https://netduma.com/features/hardware/

Why would anyone recommend these? No 5ghz or AC for 194 euro :P

It's this one, just rebranded:

http://routerboard.com/RB951G-2HnD

Technically I'm still correct because it is still a switch :b

It's a router

Network/Homelab build log Main PC: "Aqua Blue"  Server: 15TB+ "Blue Lightning"

3900x, 32GB RAM @3200mhz, RTX 3090, 2.5TB+ SSD Storage, 4x2560x1440 monitors

Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G, +2x Note 9

It's this one, just rebranded:

http://routerboard.com/RB951G-2HnD

It's a router

So they basically throw some software on it and charged 192 euro.

So they basically throw some software on it and charged 192 euro.

Maybe, I'm not even sure they did anything else than add the sticker...

It's a router. Also, it's meant for high performance routing, along with firewall. It does have slightly less that desired specs, but thats not really an issue. This is a business router. Not your average consumer ac66u. You are most likely a consumer, so stick to consumer stuff if you want good prices.

My native language is C++

Because not every setup cares about WiFi speeds. If you were buying a router like this odds are if you wanted good WiFi you'd buy a bunch of enterprise grade Access Points. It's also worth noting that on their site they talk about it getting over ~900Mbps. Which if true is quite a bit more than you'll get out of even some fairly high end consumer grade gear. The other thing is that it has a very low power consumption and can be powered by PoE. So there are reasons why you'd get this.

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

To add to the above: I have one of these (the regular Mikrotik product, not this way overpriced rebrand) and it has the best 2.4GHz N I have ever tested at the price point ($70 on Amazon) - but yes anyone who is buying this is probably going to also set up an AC AP, like the other devices Mikrotik sells. While I'm still waiting for a Mikrotik SOHO router to get 5GHz and AC, that's not what their core market wants (their core market is WISPs, who use the long range APs to provide internet to clients, and then one of these as the CPE)

Edit: I looked at this Netduma product in more depth, they actually do have what looks like a very customized OS. I didn't know Mikrotik let people do that. It is actually an intriguing product if wireless isn't your #1 concern.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

To add to the above: I have one of these (the regular Mikrotik product, not this way overpriced rebrand) and it has the best 2.4GHz N I have ever tested at the price point ($70 on Amazon) - but yes anyone who is buying this is probably going to also set up an AC AP, like the other devices Mikrotik sells. While I'm still waiting for a Mikrotik SOHO router to get 5GHz and AC, that's not what their core market wants (their core market is WISPs, who use the long range APs to provide internet to clients, and then one of these as the CPE)

Edit: I looked at this Netduma product in more depth, they actually do have what looks like a very customized OS. I didn't know Mikrotik let people do that. It is actually an intriguing product if wireless isn't your #1 concern.

It's a pile of crap and so is the one that you were conned into buying so stop trying to soften the blow by trying to waft rainbow colored happy land smoke up their arses :lol:

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

It's a pile of crap and so is the one that you were conned into buying so stop trying to soften the blow by trying to waft rainbow colored happy land smoke up their arses :lol:

What are you high on? O.o

I want some of that!!!