Who makes the best (offbrand) batteries?

Yummychickenblue

So I've got a Dell D630 that I want to do some things with. Before that though it's gonna need some upgrades/replacements (full list below) One of those is a battery since this one is pretty done and only holds a charge for 10-20 minutes. So instead of paying Dells outrageous prices at $139.99 for another 6-cell or $149.99 for a 9-cell I'm thinking I can probably get a better deal with similliar or better quality for for a similliar or lower price. I've done  some googling and found Max Capacity and Arclyte but they don't seem to be in business anymore. The price range I'm htrinking is around $80 to $120.

So right now the specs are:

Intel T9300

4GB of dual channe DDR2 667mhz ram

80GB HDD

Nvidia Quadro 135M

So the major things right now are the battery and the LCD. The LCD has a lot of dead pixels and needs to be replaced. Before that though I need to take care of the battery since I can't do a whole lot without power. The Quadro has historically had some cooling problems so I'll need to get some copper shims for the GPU and CPU as well as some Arctic Silver paste.Once that's al done I can  move onto replaceng the LCD and adding an SSD to replace the HDD. When that's all said and done I'll think about upgrading the ram to 8GB though that'll be pretty expensive since CDDR2 is valueable.

if you're experimental, you can just pick up some loose cells, pop open the battery and swap out the cells.

the ibook guy did it with an old macbook.

if you're experimental, you can just pick up some loose cells, pop open the battery and swap out the cells.

I don't know about that one. You're not supposed to solder Li-on cells and I don't have a very nice soldering iron anyway so I doubt it would work well.

I don't know about that one. You're not supposed to solder Li-on cells and I don't have a very nice soldering iron anyway so I doubt it would work well.

you dont *have* to solder them, usually the battery casing can apply enough pressure to keep the wires in place without any form of soldering. (see it like those AA battery slots in TV remotes)

One day I will try this out.

I saw a tutorial on someone doing like that with a Thinkpad 701cs (I want one and I google that model obsessively everyday for 4 months)