Steam sales exist?

CJ Chua

So this year is my first year using steam. I don't know about all those sales and I heard about some sales called summer sales and winter sales (Maybe that's it name). I don't know if they exist because I wanna buy some games at the end of the year. 

My friend said that it will have huge sales like GTA V from 50 something to about 20 something. Is that even real?

GTA V will probably not be on sale (this year), although everything else probably will (from 95% to 20% often)

I recommend that you buy GTA V from g2a, since its really cheap

https://www.g2a.com/grand-theft-auto-v-cd-key-global.html

but, keep in mind that you will NOT get a steam key from the G2A version

edit: follow this guide, to get the most out of easter sale, winter sale, spring sale, summer sale, etc

http://lifehacker.com/how-to-get-the-best-deals-during-this-weeks-steam-sale-735529736

Long live Stalin, he loves you; sing these words, or you know what he’ll do!

Yep, real.

At some point in November or December I think the winter sale will start. Be sure to add games you want to your wishlist so you get an email about if it is on sale.

Also, there are multiple discounts on a game. Usually it's on a set percent the entire sale (like 40% and goes on flash/daily sale for 75% or something.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

lol no its fake why on earth would there be sales /s

yes there are sales all the fucking time, but the big ones are the summer sale and winter sale

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.1 Corinthians 13:4

yes there are steam summer sales.

gtv v would maybe be 30 percent of, but not 70 percent.

offen it is the less mainstream games that have huge dicounts

My rig: r7 1700 @ 3.9/1.35v, 16gb ddr4 3200, assorted rando SSDs, hx 1050, vega 64 1650/1025

MY $75 BUILD https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/576889-the-75-build-log/#comment-7547280

Steam sales are from our friend Gaben who single handedly empties our wallets every steam sale!

tumblr_npsjnpyKm81seq1n3o1_400.gif

well "summer sales" is kind of self-explanatory:

its a sale around summer, that drops straight in the middle of school exams to distract students from their studies, so they fail, dont get into a high end job, and waste their life playing videogames.

(insert a REALLY big /s here)

steam sales happen roughly around when a lot of people are looking to buy games: right before summer break, right before the holidays, etc.

theres a lot of smaller sales happening troughout the year, as well as some games that randomly go down a bit, or some that are completely free to pick up "if you call now".

EDIT: http://gaben.tv/

Yes its real, 4-5 Sales a Year.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Usually new games are only discounted about 20-25% on big sales. Old stuff can get crazy though, up to 90% off sometimes.

I really think GTA 5 wont be for discount more than 30% -40% Max this year and even next year, due the fact many people buy the game and i think rockstar get alot of money from sales already like preorder and stuff. GTA5 would be 20 dollars maybe in 10-20 years from now or never. 

Magical Pineapples

Usually new games are only discounted about 20-25% on big sales. Old stuff can get crazy though, up to 90% off sometimes.

Mostly indie games /old games not AAA title

Magical Pineapples

They also do some special programs during major sales, like the Winter '15 '14 gem-bidding thing.

Steam sales are from our friend Gaben who single handedly empties our wallets every steam sale!

tumblr_npsjnpyKm81seq1n3o1_400.gif

Good guy Gaben.