Tablet for university

Bur0k
Go to solution Solved by Ryou-kun,

Should i consider the Galaxy Tab A Plus(Plus is the version with S-Pen) even if it has a resolution of 768 x 1024? Isn't that too low?

But it is not as expensive as the Galaxy Note 10.1

I won't bother me with Galaxy Note 10.1.

Reason is the damn awkward portrait use and shitty buttons (Menu, Home Button/Press and Hold to access Recent Menu, and Back Button).

I have the Galaxy Note 10.1 until I decide to go back my iPad Air despite the fact Note 10.1 is better when it comes to taking notes.

But the software (Android 4.2 or 4.4), slow ass system, annoying Finder and S-Voice popping up, etc.

Galaxy Tab A Plus probably change it but of course the res, ram, storage and battery life is the major factor.

1024x768, although it is a low res, it is 4:3 aspect ratio like iPad, 1.5GB RAM (seriously?), Snapdragon 410 (seem slow IMO) and 4,200 mAh. I don't know how well Samsung has optimize their TouchWiz to handle battery life.

I don't know. You might as well go for Windows Tablet with Stylus like Dell Venue or Surface 3.

I am sure Surface 3 is probably good for you to write notes if there is one available in your country.

Hello guys,

I'm searching for a tablet to use in class.
What it should have is a pen and a good battery life. Not too small and not too big.
Also are there any good apps where I can write my notes on (+1 for file format that can be viewed at my windows desktop)
~10 inch
As cheap as possible like always ;)

EDIT: living in Germany. And covers should be available for that specific tablet

EDIT2: Writing notes: Writing them with the Pen/Stylus/whatever they call it

EDIT3: LTE would be good but not necessary

~Bur0k

Hello guys,

What it should have is a pen and a good battery life. Not too small and not too big.

Also are there any good apps where I can write my notes on (+1 for file format that can be viewed at my windows desktop)

EDIT: living in Germany. And covers should be available for that specific tablet

~Bur0k

Do you guys have Surface 3 or Surface Pro 3?

If not, then there is Toshiba Encore 2 Write which it is decent but slow because it us using eMMC storage with 2GB RAM. It does have low res, but it does have Wacom Technology. 

Do you guys have Surface 3 or Surface Pro 3?

If not, then there is Toshiba Encore 2 Write which it is decent but slow because it us using eMMC storage with 2GB RAM. It does have low res, but it does have Wacom Technology. 

The Surface series are too expensive and overkill for that need.

Are there any other Tablets like the Toshiba one?

I also updated my original post. ("EDIT2: Writing notes: Writing them with the Pen/Stylus/whatever they call it")

EDIT: Just looked it up, The encore 2 Write edition is only available in America

Already thanks for your effort!

Anyone? :D

If i can get it i will buy a Lenovo Tab 10 from Ebay

For the note taking part use OneNote, so that solves the "viewable on desktop" problem. The only recomendations i know of would be either a Microsoft Surface or a Samsung Tablet. most other stuff doesn't support a proper stylus. Unfortunately they are quite expensive. :(

If you're happy to type you could get something like the Asus t100 or look at getting a chromebook. And remember to look on the used market. no doubt there will be loads of "old" devices that have been replaced.

Intel Celeron 2.4Ghz - 16GB DDR4 RAM - 980 ti

Anyone? :D

If i can get it i will buy a Lenovo Tab 10 from Ebay

There is Dell Venue Pro tablet that also uses stylus, but it is pretty lame ATM that uses Synaptic Touch based.

You won't get this palm rejection and possibly pressure sensitivity but it works okay, however, you are at mercy with Dell releasing "new" stylus to fixes the issue. 

I use iPad Air with Adonit Jot Script 2.0 with Goodnotes, and it is pretty good note taking app and okay stylus.

Of course, it won't be amazing compare to S-Pen, Wacom and N-Trig.

For the note taking part use OneNote, so that solves the "viewable on desktop" problem. The only recomendations i know of would be either a Microsoft Surface or a Samsung Tablet. most other stuff doesn't support a proper stylus. Unfortunately they are quite expensive. :(

If you're happy to type you could get something like the Asus t100 or look at getting a chromebook. And remember to look on the used market. no doubt there will be loads of "old" devices that have been replaced.

Ryoukun got me on the windows tablet train atm. If there is no windows tablet I will get an android one, which of the Samsung tablets would you recommend then?

There is Dell Venue Pro tablet that also uses stylus, but it is pretty lame ATM that uses Synaptic Touch based.

You won't get this palm rejection and possibly pressure sensitivity but it works okay, however, you are at mercy with Dell releasing "new" stylus to fixes the issue.

I use iPad Air with Adonit Jot Script 2.0 with Goodnotes, and it is pretty good note taking app and okay stylus.

Of course, it won't be amazing compare to S-Pen, Wacom and N-Trig.

So the new stylus is already released and it did indeed fixed the issue? Also which version suffers from this issue / got fixed.

Should i consider the Galaxy Tab A Plus(Plus is the version with S-Pen) even if it has a resolution of 768 x 1024? Isn't that too low?

Reason is the damn awkward portrait use and shitty buttons (Menu, Home Button/Press and Hold to access Recent Menu, and Back Button).

I have the Galaxy Note 10.1 until I decide to go back my iPad Air despite the fact Note 10.1 is better when it comes to taking notes.

But the software (Android 4.2 or 4.4), slow ass system, annoying Finder and S-Voice popping up, etc.

Galaxy Tab A Plus probably change it but of course the res, ram, storage and battery life is the major factor.

1024x768, although it is a low res, it is 4:3 aspect ratio like iPad, 1.5GB RAM (seriously?), Snapdragon 410 (seem slow IMO) and 4,200 mAh. I don't know how well Samsung has optimize their TouchWiz to handle battery life.

I don't know. You might as well go for Windows Tablet with Stylus like Dell Venue or Surface 3.

I am sure Surface 3 is probably good for you to write notes if there is one available in your country.

Hello guys,

~10 inch

EDIT2: Writing notes: Writing them with the Pen/Stylus/whatever they call it

EDIT3: LTE would be good but not necessary

~Bur0k

HERE WE GO!!!! Asus Transformer Book CHI T100 and T300(T300 is $500 and up) http://www.asus.com/us/site/2-in-1/transformer-book/chi/

It does support the ASUS Active Stylus Pen (256 pressure levels)

comes in 32gb and 64gb versions for the T100 and 128gb SSD for the T300

Intel© Core M For the T300

Quad-core Intel© Atom Processor Z3775 1.46Ghz For the T100

10.1" 16:10 Full HD (1920x1200) LED Backlight Glare panel for the T100

12.5" 2560-by-1440 resolution. 16:9 Aspect Ratio. Corning Concore Glass For the T300

Seems like a decent device. I dont know how good the pen is or how fast the performance is. Check reviews of the product.

Edit:

Also like what someone else said, use Onenote. It should work great between devices as well as with Pen.

Seems to be a decent device for what you are looking for.

The Tab A Plus has 2GB ram and a 6Ah Battery, but still the SnapDragon410

Currently i am looking at the Dell Venue 10 Pro and i know that the Surface 3 Is way better and i would like to have it but it costs so much :(

HERE WE GO!!!! Asus Transformer Book CHI T100 and T300(T300 is $500 and up) http://www.asus.com/us/site/2-in-1/transformer-book/chi/

It does support the ASUS Active Stylus Pen (256 pressure levels)

comes in 32gb and 64gb versions for the T100 and 128gb SSD for the T300

Intel© Core M For the T300

Quad-core Intel© Atom Processor Z3775 1.46Ghz For the T100

10.1" 16:10 Full HD (1920x1200) LED Backlight Glare panel for the T100

12.5" 2560-by-1440 resolution. 16:9 Aspect Ratio. Corning Concore Glass For the T300

Seems like a decent device. I dont know how good the pen is or how fast the performance is. Check reviews of the product.

Edit:

Also like what someone else said, use Onenote. It should work great between devices as well as with Pen.

Seems to be a decent device for what you are looking for.

Seems to be a good alternative. I will compare it to the Dell Venue.