Looking for some sub 100 headphones for on the go use

Carde

After many years of loyal service my little pair of Sennheiser HD 219 onear have started to disintegrate as the pads just start to fall apart.

So I am looking for something new and perhaps and upgrade does not have to be a 100 bucks may be less (using USD here, but I am EUR).

What I need is a pair that is rugged up to abuse, does not die to a drop of rain and I do like the sound profile of sennheiser and I do not need strong bass or anything as my choice of music varies widely :)

They will be mainly if not 100% of the time be used to listen to my deezer download or streams on my phone, so low impedance is needed.

Other than that I am open as the market is a bit large and I just don't know enough about it :)

"Hope, what a concept." - Deunan Knute

I would recommend the Superlux HD668B.  They are great for music and for gaming as well and come with a "hotswap" cable for your needs.

CPU: i7-8700K I CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 GPU: ROG Strix 1080 Ti MoBo: ROG Strix Z370-E RAM:  G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB)   PSU: CORSAIR HXi Series HX1000i Case: Corsair Air 540 Display: 24" 1920X1080p 144Hz ASUS - 27" 2560X1440p 144Hz Dell OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

Just to clarify I don't need anything for gaming I have a Very good sennheiser G4ME one headset :)

Beside that thanks for the suggestion.

Just to clarify I don't need anything for gaming I have a Very good sennheiser G4ME one headset :)

Beside that thanks for the suggestion.

Sony MDR V6/MDR 7506? They're pretty decent, and built like tanks. A friend of mine has had a pair for about 30 years. Only thing that they have needed is a pair of Velour ear pads (oh, and the jack is a little wonky, because he YANKED the hell out of it at a right angle, but normally you would expect that to be totally broken, not just wonky... So there's that...)

Well worth the money, if you're looking for durability and sound quality.

One caveat though, is the coiled cable, so if that's an issue for you, I might have a couple of other suggestions.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

Sony MDR V6/MDR 7506? They're pretty decent, and built like tanks. A friend of mine has had a pair for about 30 years. Only thing that they have needed is a pair of Velour ear pads (oh, and the jack is a little wonky, because he YANKED the hell out of it at a right angle, but normally you would expect that to be totally broken, not just wonky... So there's that...)

Well worth the money, if you're looking for durability and sound quality.

One caveat though, is the coiled cable, so if that's an issue for you, I might have a couple of other suggestions.

Neither of those are for sale anymore in the NL where I can see. As for the table I often route it under my clothing or at least my jacket because on the bike I need to have it clear.

That said I defiantly do not want something wireless, I do like my wires :)

That said I defiantly do not want something wireless, I do like my wires :)

That's a good thing. Wireless is just so... wrong...

hmmm, how about these?

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

If not for gaming, something like the ath m30s? (IIRC)

M40x on amazon on sale for 99

If not for gaming, something like the ath m30s? (IIRC)

M40x on amazon on sale for 99

But they're still over priced...

Hey! New SIgnature! 

But they're still over priced...

Don't think they are that overpriced at 99 ONS sale. Maybe at normal but these are a steal rn

Don't think they are that overpriced at 99 ONS sale. Maybe at normal but these are a steal rn

I mean, the M50X should be priced at about $80, so draw what conclusions you will from that.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I mean, the M50X should be priced at about $80, so draw what conclusions you will from that.

really?

Even at 80$ you should not buy them if you care about comfort.

And don't want mega bass 0 sound stage sound

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

really?

Yup. They really are not very good for the price. They are good, if you're looking for the specific set of "features" that the M50X brings to the table, IF you can get them for $80. Otherwise they are not worth the money at all, and to be honest, unless you need closed back, the Philips SHP9500 is a better buy at $80 (which is where it's supposed to be priced, don't believe all the amazon crap about it costing well over $100, that's because this review came out...

Hey! New SIgnature!