Best Video Editing Software to utilize my r9 390x

simo292a
Go to solution Solved by ALwin,

Its nothing special i am working on right now but i definitely want to get more advanced as i learn how to use the software efficiently.

DaVinci Resolve, Hitfilms and Lightworks can be just as advanced.

The reason I pay for Adobe is not because it is more advanced than any of those software, but because I've been working with them for years as a professional and I get a return of investment.  If I were just a hobbyist, I would not be using Adobe.

I am thinking about Sony Vegas but i want to know if there is some better software?

Adobe suite.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Adobe suite.

Would adobe premiere be the best then? i dont know alot about adobe video editing software.

Adobe CC or CS6

Can you explain difference please? I am a noob right now but i want to become good at editing video^^.

Can you explain difference please? I am a noob right now but i want to become good at editing video^^.

Primire pro is for video editing and after effects is for video editing effects, IMO you need the whole package which costs a monthly rate on adobe's website

Get DaVinci Resolve 12 Free, Hitfilms or Lightworks.  Additionally Black Magic has a software called Fusion, which is for motion graphics (like After Effects and Apple Motion), you can download the Fusion 8 Beta for free or get Fusion 7 Free.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

Primire pro is for video editing and after effects is for video editing effects, IMO you need the whole package which costs a monthly rate on adobe's website

or do what most people do and visit the low brow websites ;)

Current Build : 

CASE: Fractal Design R4 w/Window CPU: Intel 4930K,  RAM: 16GB Ripjaws Z 2133Mhz  Cooling: H100i  MotherBoard: Asus P9x79 Pro , PSU: CS750M   Storage: 2x Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb , 1Tb Seagate Barracuda, 500GB WD Black,  Graphics: Gigabyte GTX 780 Windforce 3GB,  Monitors: AOC G2460PG ( G sync monitor), Edge10 24" 1080p , 24" 1680*1020p monitor ( LCD)  Microphone: Blue Yeti  Keyboard: Cougar 700k  Phone: Samsung Note 3  Headphones: Sennheiser HD598

Laptop:

CPU: 
4710MQ  Ram: 8GB 1600MHz Storage:120Gb 840 Evo + 1Tb 5400Rpm HDD  Graphics: GTX 850M 2GB   Screen: 1080p IPS  

Both Adobe Suite and Vegas Pro are more CPU intensive when rendering. However Vegas at least has some half-decent OpenCL performance when rendering over CUDA.

You can't go wrong either way. Don't pick one over the other just because of GPU acceleration. Plug-ins are likely to use your GPU more than the program itself it is GPU accelerated.

or do what most people do and visit the low brow websites ;)

6. Piracy, Copyright Material, Cracks and Product Keys
  • "Copyright Material" is any material protected by legally recognized copyright;
  • "Piracy" is the unauthorized copying of software or any material subject to copyright;
  • "Cracks" are programs that disable copy-protection technology;
  • A "Key" is a combination of numbers and/or letters required for software installation.

You may not request, distribute, link to or enable any activities which involve the procurement or distribution of pirated software, product cracks or keys or the supply, exchange or distribution of any copyright material including TV recordings. Doing so may result in the termination of your account without notice. In addition, any of the following violations are grounds for action being taken on your post and/or account:

• Seeking help to create or find cracks.
  • Seeking missing files that are supplied with copyrighted installation CD(s)
  • Admitting to being involved in the distribution of copyrighted software/media, cracks and product keys.
  • Requesting or discussing the trade, sale, exchange or supply of any copyrighted material including (but not limited) to TV recordings, DVDs, movies, music, software etc.
  • Identifying torrents sources or websites where copyright material may be obtained.
  • Provide or request login details for restricted websites.

Exceptions may be made on a case-by-case basis at the discretion of our management. 

So premiere pro cs6 and after effects cs6 would be a good start?

6. Piracy, Copyright Material, Cracks and Product Keys
  • "Copyright Material" is any material protected by legally recognized copyright;
  • "Piracy" is the unauthorized copying of software or any material subject to copyright;
  • "Cracks" are programs that disable copy-protection technology;
  • A "Key" is a combination of numbers and/or letters required for software installation.

You may not request, distribute, link to or enable any activities which involve the procurement or distribution of pirated software, product cracks or keys or the supply, exchange or distribution of any copyright material including TV recordings. Doing so may result in the termination of your account without notice. In addition, any of the following violations are grounds for action being taken on your post and/or account:

• Seeking help to create or find cracks.
  • Seeking missing files that are supplied with copyrighted installation CD(s)
  • Admitting to being involved in the distribution of copyrighted software/media, cracks and product keys.
  • Requesting or discussing the trade, sale, exchange or supply of any copyrighted material including (but not limited) to TV recordings, DVDs, movies, music, software etc.
  • Identifying torrents sources or websites where copyright material may be obtained.
  • Provide or request login details for restricted websites.

Exceptions may be made on a case-by-case basis at the discretion of our management. 

i hate you lot who just wait for people like me, and i did even say it was piracy, it could be borrowed off a friend or even using an older version...

Current Build : 

CASE: Fractal Design R4 w/Window CPU: Intel 4930K,  RAM: 16GB Ripjaws Z 2133Mhz  Cooling: H100i  MotherBoard: Asus P9x79 Pro , PSU: CS750M   Storage: 2x Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb , 1Tb Seagate Barracuda, 500GB WD Black,  Graphics: Gigabyte GTX 780 Windforce 3GB,  Monitors: AOC G2460PG ( G sync monitor), Edge10 24" 1080p , 24" 1680*1020p monitor ( LCD)  Microphone: Blue Yeti  Keyboard: Cougar 700k  Phone: Samsung Note 3  Headphones: Sennheiser HD598

Laptop:

CPU: 
4710MQ  Ram: 8GB 1600MHz Storage:120Gb 840 Evo + 1Tb 5400Rpm HDD  Graphics: GTX 850M 2GB   Screen: 1080p IPS  

getting them seperatly I don't think is possible unless theres a liscenes floating somewhere

and like I said the whole adobe suite helps alot

Primire pro and after effects for video edting

illustrator and photoshop for touch up pcitures/tumbnails

ect. you get my point the whole suite comes in handy

getting them seperatly I don't think is possible unless theres a liscenes floating somewhere

and like I said the whole adobe suite helps alot

Primire pro and after effects for video edting

illustrator and photoshop for touch up pcitures/tumbnails

ect. you get my point the whole suite comes in handy

Ok thanks alot appreciate it ^^.

Look, if you want to edit videos Premiere Pro is the first step. After Effects is for adding special effects and motion graphics onto your videos (e.g. 3D text that animates) and for audio you want something like Adobe Audition for advanced sound editing.

As Adobe software are considered one of the "BEST" you will certainly have to pay for it. However what sort of videos do you produce?  If you're not working with hundreds+ hours of video footage, multiple cameras, etc. something like DaVinci Resolve 12's free version should be enough.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

Look, if you want to edit videos Premiere Pro is the first step. After Effects is for adding special effects and motion graphics onto your videos (e.g. 3D text that animates) and for audio you want something like Adobe Audition for advanced sound editing.

As Adobe software are considered one of the "BEST" you will certainly have to pay for it. However what sort of videos do you produce?  If you're not working with hundreds+ hours of video footage, multiple cameras, etc. something like DaVinci Resolve 12's free version should be enough.

Its nothing special i am working on right now but i definitely want to get more advanced as i learn how to use the software efficiently.

The reason I pay for Adobe is not because it is more advanced than any of those software, but because I've been working with them for years as a professional and I get a return of investment.  If I were just a hobbyist, I would not be using Adobe.

Ok i think i will try DaVinci Resolve to start out with.

Does DaVinci Resolve take advantage of my 390x for faster rendering time and real time editing?

Ok i think i will try DaVinci Resolve to start out with.

Ok let me know if you have questions, I can help you with DaVinci Resolve somewhat.

Most modern video editing software like DaVinci, Premiere, Final Cut all work in the same manner.  Sure one software my label a function differently from another, or the menu system and workflow can be different.  But the basics of cutting, stitching, modifying the video are all similar.  And it's a far cry from the old film days when you actually had to use a knife to cut film and use tape to stitch them.  Modern NLE (non-linear editing) software are non-destructive, which means they do not modify your original file (unless you specifically tell the software to do so) so if you make a mistake in the editing and cannot "undo" you can simply start over as the original file remains in it's original condition.

Rare to see these being used today.

Film_editing_table_%285201693172%29.jpg

Does DaVinci Resolve take advantage of my 390x for faster rendering time and real time editing?

Even Adobe Premiere and Media Encoder uses only CPU for rendering out the final edited video.  CUDA and OpenGL GPU acceleration is used during the editing process such as noise reduction, preview, 3D effects rendering.

Comparison between paid and free version of DaVinci

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/davinciresolve/compare

Even Adobe Premiere and Media Encoder uses only CPU for rendering out the final edited video.  CUDA and OpenGL GPU acceleration is used during the editing process such as noise reduction, preview, 3D effects rendering.

Comparison between paid and free version of DaVinci

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/davinciresolve/compare

I have tried loading a video in from my galaxy s6 but it stutters really bad when i playback the video. Does it work with windows 10`?

I have tried loading a video in from my galaxy s6 but it stutters really bad when i playback the video. Does it work with windows 10`?

What's your PC spec?  Anyway, strange that a video from a phone would stutter, they're not designed to record high bit rate video.

DaVinci works with windows 10.

What's your PC spec?  Anyway, strange that a video from a phone would stutter, they're not designed to record high bit rate video.

DaVinci works with windows 10.

Its standard 1080p video 60fps should be no problem for my 390x