Just bought this server!

Unhelpful

Fair enough. I mean, if they work just fine, you may as well use them. :P

Plus they are 10k rpm sas drives.

http://www.vmware.com/products/vsphere-hypervisor/gettingstarted

It looks like they removed the 1 CPU

and I think the 32gb limit was removed in 5.5.

Still trying to learn any and all things vmware. Want to get my vmware certs in about a year.

Hmm I believe they now only limit 1 CPU per VM so you could still split your CPU up over the two cores.

---

The VMware certs dont take long to get, you can get sent off for a week 'bootcamp' and get the cert within a week. Just make sure that you go for the Ver.6 certs.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Hmm I believe they now only limit 1 CPU per VM so you could still split your CPU up over the two cores.

---

The VMware certs dont take long to get, you can get sent off for a week 'bootcamp' and get the cert within a week. Just make sure that you go for the Ver.6 certs.

Yup which I'm more than fine with tbh!

---

Yeah I'll be doing that as well, but I also want experience just tinkering with it to learn the nooks and crannies. 

Yup I already made note that it has to be Ver.6.

Yup which I'm more than fine with tbh!

---

Yeah I'll be doing that as well, but I also want experience just tinkering with it to learn the nooks and crannies. 

Yup I already made note that it has to be Ver.6.

Well if you get stuck with ESXi drop me a message and I will see if I can help.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)