Looking at new phones

tinverse

I currently have an upgrade when I renew my contract with Verizon (US) and have no clue what's out there.

I currently have a Sam sung Galaxy S4 and had an iPhone 4s before this. I really loved the iPhone 4s, but I feel like the 4s is the best model apple ever made. While I'm sure there are nice features in the newer phones, I feel like the simplicity that they once had isn't really a thing anymore.

I'm thinking it doesn't make sense to go iPhone since I'm not a big fan of a lot of their newer features and use spotify. Honestly, iMessage is the biggest selling point to me.

On my galaxy S4, I hate that there isn't a forward facing speaker. That's honestly a deal breaker at this point. Another problem is the battery. In the two years I've owned this phone I've had to replace the battery 7-8 times. They just go bad so quickly. The battery life is probably my number one priority in a new phone. I also don't need quick charging. I just plug in my phone when I go to sleep and then unplug it when I wake up.

So im interested in iPhone since it's better at power management and it has has iMessage. I'm interested in android because there's more variety and freedom, but I don't really know what's out there. I'm gone from pretty much 8 am till 12 pm every day and a battery that only lasts 8 hours is worthless to me.

One last thing is memory. Apples pricing based on memory with the inability to upgrade is ludicrous. I need a phone with at least 32 GB of memory, and I'm leaning towards 64 GB since this is going to last 2 years, or a phone that I can upgrade the memory in.

Does anyone have suggestions or recommenations?

Nexus 6 has front facing speakers

"God created war so that Americans would learn geography"

I have the LG G3, and my brother has the G4. After using both of the phones I say go with either of them. I got my G3 for .99$ at Verizon and I FELL IN LOVE.

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

Personally, I had only one smartphone, and that's the Nokia Lumia 640, I had it since Sept 18, of this year, but I personally think it's awesome. I've tried an android tablet and hated it. I would never try an Apple product ever since Apple is a pile of crap.

Brah, do you even Java?

I think the Moto X Style is good. (Or Pure Edition, I'm confused at which name is for which region lel)

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap