First thoughts on SW: Battlefront

Muz

The beta launched 7pm AEST here in Australia, and I've been playing for about two hours. Here are some of my thoughts.

First trouble I had with the game was stuttering on the main menus, it would commonly freeze up for a second or so, this didn't happen in-game though. After a bit of playing and getting used to the weird flying controls, I feel that the Imperials at the moment are overpowered. Every single game I played, the imperials won, it's almost worth just quitting if you get placed on the rebel team because you aren't going to win. The air is either dominated by the rebels or imperials, personally I think there needs to be a limit to the amount of aircraft you can have in the air at once, say if the rebels team has zero aircraft in the air, it should limit it to.. lets say two aircraft, but instead you get 4 or 6 Imperial fighters flying around shreking everyone on the ground and when someone on the rebel does decide to fly, you get destroyed by 6 aircraft. Now some of the pros; The graphics are amazing, and they run super well on my 390, I do get occasional black flicking every 30 minutes but it is a beta after all. It's a fun game (When you play on the Imperial side.)

I'll update this later with some more thoughts and I'll post the benchmarks of my R9 390.

- CPU: Intel i7 3770 - GPU: MSI R9 390 - RAM: 16GB of DDR3 - SSD: Crucial BX100 - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB -

Quite subjective.

Many technical stuff will be fixed, because it's still beta.

If u watched SW movie series and played previous bf versions, u may know, that there's always one "dominating" team, that is the main challenge.

Anyways, thx for your first impressions.

Very excited about this game.

Quite subjective.

Many technical stuff will be fixed, because it's still beta.

If u watched SW movie series and played previous bf versions, u may know, that there's always one "dominating" team, that is the main challenge.

Anyways, thx for your first impressions.

Very excited about this game.

Yes I do realize a beta, things will probably change. But it has to be balanced, it's not fun knowing you're gonna loose because the game put you on the rebel side.

- CPU: Intel i7 3770 - GPU: MSI R9 390 - RAM: 16GB of DDR3 - SSD: Crucial BX100 - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB -

The air is either dominated by the rebels or imperials

I doubt that'll be fixed tbh, battlefield suffers from the same problem and has done for a while. It's just something DICE can't seem to handle very well.

Back when I started playing on battlefield (which was in the BFBC2 days, so not long really) it was a problem and it has continued to be a problem throughout, if it wasn't one team owning it in the jets, it was the other team base raping you with a heli (a huge problem in BC2).