PSA About steam family sharing...

niofalpha

So I family shared my account with a friend of mine so he could play GTA and ARK... He also downloaded CSGO, I was okay with this since I wanted to play with him. We played on some random comp server since he couldn't play in normal Comp (Nor was he rank 3) and he was horrible... The next day I play with him and he's out fragging me (I'm LE)... Fast forward a few weeks and I log ontoday to see that i'm VAC banned... I text him and he says that he hacked to be good because "They where hacking too"... Now I got a VAC ban on my main. Ripidip skins.\

Yes, I accept that it was my fault for family sharing with him in the first place.

TL;DR Don't family share with people, unless you fully trust them because they could fuck you over and get you VAC banned.

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

Pretty sure this was clearly stated in the Family Shaing FAQ and kind of common sense... 

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Did you not suspect anything when he was like outfragging you?

Sally: l Intel i5 4690k | | Corsair H55 | | Zalman z12 plus | | Hitachi 2TB HDD | | Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB | | ASRock Fatal1ty z97 Killer | | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | | EVGA SuperNova 750 watt | | MSI 390 | | Windows 10| 

Did you not suspect anything when he was like outfragging you?

I was doing really bad that game, he had been only playing it, and he was good at Battle Field so I thought he just learned fast.

Plus I trusted him, and I didn't think he would hack...

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Spoiler

sex hahaha

This is why you don't family share with fuckboys you know not.

I knew him IRL tho...

Spoiler

sex hahaha

Then punch him. Hard. In his man tits.

That's the plan.

Spoiler

sex hahaha

That's the plan.

Also just because you know them IRL doesn't mean they're not a dick. I forgot how long the VAC banned thing shows up on your steam profile for.

Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Steam | Twitch | YT | Build

now when players see your profile they can assume your a hacker.

and it only cost less than 20 bucks to dirty your rep.

thats not a good friend.

Also just because you know them IRL doesn't mean they're not a dick. I forgot how long the VAC banned thing shows up on your steam profile for.

For ever.

now when players see your profile they can assume your a hacker.

and it only cost less than 20 bucks to dirty your rep.

thats not a good friend.

I'm pretty sure they used a free cheat... They didn't want to buy the game to begin with so why would they buy a hack when their are plenty of free ones to use... He didn't invest in it so he had nothing to be afraid of...

Spoiler

sex hahaha

This is how this reads to me: "So I bought this car and I'm still paying it, and my friend asked me to borrow it at night. I of course failed to remember he's a fucking douchebag and he totaled the fucking car while drunk and just told me and the cops "Oh well all my friends were drinking too, I had to drink!""

-------

Current Rig

-------

For ever.

I'm pretty sure they used a free cheat... They didn't want to buy the game to begin with so why would they buy a hack when their are plenty of free ones to use... He didn't invest in it so he had nothing to be afraid of...

im saying you could have bought the game for your friend on his own account for less than 20 bucks

What a jerk

It's worth a shot contacting steam support, explaining what happened and checking if they are willing to transfer the VAC ban to his account.

This is why you don't share multiplayer games. And really, CSGO? Its on sale every single Steam sale for $5.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

thats why I straight up tell people I share with dont mod online games, just dont, you are going to fuck over my account.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

thats why I straight up tell people I share with dont mod online games, just dont, you are going to fuck over my account.

I don't trust anybody so just don't family share with anyone!

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

So I family shared my account with a friend of mine so he could play GTA and ARK... He also downloaded CSGO, I was okay with this since I wanted to play with him. We played on some random comp server since he couldn't play in normal Comp (Nor was he rank 3) and he was horrible... The next day I play with him and he's out fragging me (I'm LE)... Fast forward a few weeks and I log ontoday to see that i'm VAC banned... I text him and he says that he hacked to be good because "They where hacking too"... Now I got a VAC ban on my main. Ripidip skins.\

Yes, I accept that it was my fault for family sharing with him in the first place.

TL;DR Don't family share with people, unless you fully trust them because they could fuck you over and get you VAC banned.

Your stories impossible though since you can't play with them in comp at the same time if it's family shared?

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

Your stories impossible though since you can't play with them in comp at the same time if it's family shared?

Yeah, you can't play CSGO with him if he's using your CSGO. I family share with my brother and When I start up any game, it only gives him a few minutes to stop doing what he is doing to save, before the game closes.

Can two users share a library and both play at the same time?

No, a shared library may only be accessed by one user at a time.

This came from the Steam family share FAQ.

Yeah, you can't play CSGO with him if he's using your CSGO. I family share with my brother and When I start up any game, it only gives him a few minutes to stop doing what he is doing to save, before the game closes.

This came from the Steam family share FAQ.

Also I'm pretty sure you can only play community or casual servers on family share I think OP cheated and was like "Yo stupid friends!"

Also I'm pretty sure you can only play community or casual servers on family share I think OP cheated and was like "Yo stupid friends!"

Sounds like it, I know I'm not as good as some of the players on TF2 or CSGO, but I would never cheat in them. Just play them for fun anyway and always surprised when I get like a really good score in them.