Loop leaked, idk why

I added a GPU to my loop, and water started spraying from one side of CPU block.

I don't know why, I didn't touch that fitting.

What is weird, is the tube is still completely on the fitting, idk where the water was spraying from and why.

Ideas?

And how to dry my PC?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

air dry it, give it atleast 24 hours before applying any current to the system (48 would be better)

CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.6 ghz  Motherboard: Asus z170-a  Cooling: Corsair h80i GT GPU: EVGA GTX 970  Ram: G.Skill 2x8 gb ddr4 2400  PSU: EVGA G2 Supernova 550w  Case: Corsair 200r Storage: 250GB 850 EVO + 2x wd 1 tb drives

it could be pressure build up, is there anyway to lower the pressure output? 

(also loop leak sounds hilarious out loud) 

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

it could be pressure build up, is there anyway to lower the pressure output?

(also loop leak sounds hilarious out loud)

I could lower pump speed, but is pretty low, and I don't think that will fix it, and I don't want it to leak again

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

My guess is that you got a bad O-ring somewhere. Take it appart while its still a little wet, so you can see more clearly where it is.

I speak my mind, sorry if thats a problem.

I could lower pump speed, but is pretty low, and I don't think that will fix it, and I don't want it to leak again

Did the oring on the CPU block give way or get unseated. I would physically dry all the components in your system and leave it for a day or two if there is any corrosion or residue on the PCB bathing/cleaning it with 99% isoproyl alcohol is a good idea.

Did the oring on the CPU block give way or get unseated. I would physically dry all the components in your system and leave it for a day or two if there is any corrosion or residue on the PCB bathing/cleaning it with 99% isoproyl alcohol is a good idea.

It seems like it came from where the fitting was.

I just turned on pump, and heard a squiring sound, so I quickly shut off pump, and opened up PC, the water seemed to be from the one fitting

Edit:

Definitely not the o ring, as it is wet on top of CPU block, where o ring would not be

What every you are using to hole the tube in place needs to be tightened if you use barbs but if you are using compressions then it is either the tubing shrank and the compression needs a half turn to tighten or the o-ring is bad <---- this is on the assumption that you used the exact size for the fitting and tubing.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

It seems like it came from where the fitting was.

I just turned on pump, and heard a squiring sound, so I quickly shut off pump, and opened up PC, the water seemed to be from the one fitting

Edit:

Definitely not the o ring, as it is wet on top of CPU block, where o ring would not be

Oh is it a joint in a rotary fitting, those also have o rings and an internal lock ring that keep it in place but let you rotate the fitting 360 degrees. They can fail overtime or due to bad tolerances or o-ring degradation. 

What every you are using to hole the tube in place needs to be tightened if you use barbs but if you are using compressions then it is either the tubing shrank and the compression needs a half turn to tighten or the o-ring is bad <---- this is on the assumption that you used the exact size for the fitting and tubing.

Compression.

I noticed the compression part came off after it leaked.

I thought that was just to keep tube from coming off though?

The tube is still all the way on

Oh is it a joint in a rotary fitting, those also have o rings and an internal lock ring that keep it in place but let you rotate the fitting 360 degrees. They can fail overtime or due to bad tolerances or o-ring degradation.

Nope, just regular straight monsoon compression fitting

Compression.

I noticed the compression part came off after it leaked.

I thought that was just to keep tube from coming off though?

The tube is still all the way on

The compression is there to not only keep the tube from coming off but to also squeeze the tubing on the barb of the compression to create a seal.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Nope, just regular straight monsoon compression fitting

If the ring was loose it was probably why it leaked since it holds the tube in place and keeps a seal when pressurized.

If the ring was loose it was probably why it leaked since it holds the tube in place and keeps a seal when pressurized.

OK, so that should fix it?

OK, so that should fix it?

I would replace the piece of tubing just to be safe since it's already been compressed down by the ring previously, but if it came loose it's very likely to have been the cause when pressurized.

I would replace the piece of tubing just to be safe since it's already been compressed down by the ring previously, but if it came loose it's very likely to have been the cause when pressurized.

OK,I guess I'll replace the tubing. Better safe than sorry.

I knew this time would have to come.

Every water cooler has to have a leak at some point :)

Also check how straight the cut is. Have seen some leaks that was do to uneven cut.

I speak my mind, sorry if thats a problem.

Also check how straight the cut is. Have seen some leaks that was do to uneven cut.

Hmm, I might want to use proper cutters instead of the hedge clippers

So you did not leak test? Not that smart but than again I cant always be bothered aswell xD

I advise you to leak test the system with the cpu block hanging outside the case. Amd than ones again when you put it back on the cpu. Another option is an air pressure test. (blow into the hose) will tell you if the block isnt leaking

@spwath

Couple of questions for you:

1. As dumb as it sounds, is you cpu block in the loop the right way around? even after adding a gpu block.

2. Did you add and more rads to the circut? or anything that may cause any kind of restriction.

3. Does it still leak if you take the gpu block out of the loop?

MOBO: ASUS X79 Pro CPU: i7 3820 Ram: Corsair Vengence 32Gb 2133mhz (8x4) GPU: 2 x Sapphire R9 290 in X-fire PSU: Seasonic G series 750w Drives: 1 x 750 gig WD black, 3x WD Black 1TB, 1 x Segate Barrcuda 1 TB, 1 x Toshiba 2TB, Intel 520 240gig SSD Case: Enthoo Primo w/ Green and Blue LED lighting.

So you did not leak test? Not that smart but than again I cant always be bothered aswell xD

I advise you to leak test the system with the cpu block hanging outside the case. Amd than ones again when you put it back on the cpu. Another option is an air pressure test. (blow into the hose) will tell you if the block isnt leaking

Knowing Spwath the leak would have been found during a leak test, he's not a noob.

Unlucky buddy, maybe you over did it when you tightened on that compression collar? Can't really say unless I was there.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd

Knowing Spwath the leak would have been found during a leak test, he's not a noob.

Unlucky buddy, maybe you over did it when you tightened on that compression collar? Can't really say unless I was there.

Well...

the PC wasnt plugged in, but i didnt put paper towels on the cpu block area, as i changed nothing.

So my MB got covered in water.

Well...

the PC wasnt plugged in, but i didnt put paper towels on the cpu block area, as i changed nothing.

So my MB got covered in water.

But you did change something, lol you added something to the loop. Always re-test!

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd

IDK, the collar was completly off after the leak though.

Either way, it works fine now. no leaks

Ill power on my pc later today and see if everything survived

But you did change something, lol you added something to the loop. Always re-test!

Yeah.

I just figured any leaks would be at the GPU.

Either way, there was no power to the PC, so it should be fine.

But i just did a propper leak test, and no leaks anymore