Does this laptop look ugly to you?

babadoctor

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

Doesn't really look ugly, more bulky than anything.

However, the mechanical keyboard bragging rights would outweigh that, for me, at least.

Main Rig: 

i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz w/ H75 Liquid CPU Cooler - Asus Maximus VII Hero - 16GB G.Skill Triedent X 2133MHz RAM - 2x Gtx 660s in SLI - 120GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD NZXT Hue - K70 RGB Keyboard - Corsair Sabre RGB - Windows 8.1 - 2x Asus VN247H-P 1080p Monitors (I'm a sucker for lighting effects)

Server: 

FX 8350 @ 4.0GHz w/ stock cooler - 8GB Crucial 1600MHz RAM - AMD Radeon HD 7450 GPU - 300W PSU - 120GB SSD - Windows 7

Doesn't really look ugly, more bulky than anything.

However, the mechanical keyboard bragging rights would outweigh that, for me, at least.

BUT WHAT IS THAT SPACE AT THE TOP OF THE LAPTOP?!?!

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

does my laptop look ugly to you?

thinkpadG40.jpg

I would prefer the MSI one over this one. Dont know why...

well maybe because the msi one has dual gtx m 980s in it

just a thought

otherwise

THE NUB 

ITS THERE

The only laptops I find beautiful these days are Macbooks, but that's because I like the clean look and feel.  Every other portable computer I've seen, especially the "gaming" machines... they look fat and bloated.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

I think it looks terrible.
I would never buy a notebook brick for that price.

I think it looks terrible.

I would never buy a notebook brick for that price.

its an 8 pound brick

Well I mean any manufacturer who decides to stick a mechanical keyboard in a laptop is crazy. Especially MSI that thing could kill a man if you dropped it on him.

BUT WHAT IS THAT SPACE AT THE TOP OF THE LAPTOP?!?!

GPU, motherboard etc

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

Meh, seen worse.

Powerbook_150.jpg

Like this one.

AHH 

POWERBOOK

GET THAT LUMP OF TURD OUT OF HERE

GPU, motherboard etc

so they couldnt put that under the keyboard?

Not when the keyboard has full mechanical switches in it

god...

WHO NEEDS THAT??

just buy a damn mech keyboard...

god...

WHO NEEDS THAT??

just buy a damn mech keyboard...

I certainly dont. I havent used a mech. keyboard before. I am used to rubber dome. I have heard this story plenty of times before, but I really cannot afford to replace my saitek eclipse...

I certainly dont. I havent used a mech. keyboard before. I am used to rubber dome. I have heard this story plenty of times before, but I really cannot afford to replace my saitek eclipse...

lol i know

mech is hard to use for me

it hurts my fingers