What is this worth?

Hi.  Now that I use my computer for work more than games, I feel the need that I should buy a laptop. A mac specifically.   I need $949 and I am planning to sell my pc. specs are, core i5 4690k, evga sc reference gtx 780 ti, asrock z97 extreme4, corsair 300r, evga 600b, crucial ballsitix tactical tracer blue, and wb blue 1tb.   nothing has been overclocked (if that depreciates any value) and everything is in pristine cosmetic condition. oh and i forgot to mention that the gpu has half a year left (if that matters).  will i reach my price target? will it be better to sell the whole pc at once or by individual parts. thanks!

Why are you selling your computer for a Mac?

I need a portable computer for work. also a high res display.

Hi.  Now that I use my computer for work more than games, I feel the need that I should buy a laptop. A mac specifically.

i know. in all seriousness, helpful answers please?

Have you considered down sizing and hackintoshing it?

Also I'd go with a now mac laptop, get a gaming laptop that is known for it's hackintosh support and dual boot windows and OSX that way you can still game if you want.

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

Have you considered down sizing and hackintoshing it?

Also I'd go with a now mac laptop, get a gaming laptop that is known for it's hackintosh support and dual boot windows and OSX that way you can still game if you want.

i really dont want to hackintosh anything. sorry.

Go to eBay and look at the sold prices of all of the components and add them up. That's roughly what your PC is worth. If you want to sell online, sell individual components. In person, sell the whole PC. 

RIP in pepperonis m8s

Go to eBay and look at the sold prices of all of the components and add them up. That's roughly what your PC is worth. If you want to sell online, sell individual components. In person, sell the whole PC. 

yeah good idea (why didnt i think of that). but how long do you think itll take? guess answer is fine.

i really dont want to hackintosh anything. sorry.

just keep ur PC

save for a mac

SUCCESS

it might take a century or so

but it will work

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

What do you mean by "high res"

LOL same

i think he needs the mac  of windows computers

the razorblade

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

I need a portable computer for work. also a high res display.

what kind of work are you going to use for it? AFAIK most companies should be the ones providing the equipment some require you to order it from supplies.

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

what kind of work are you going to use for it? AFAIK most companies should be the ones providing the equipment some require you to order it from supplies.

Agree, unless you work from home with something specific like.. Eh "hired help" or something. Your work should be the one giving get you the equipment.

its a personal purchase. I just want something simple and nice.

edit: I dont play games anymore so yeah. and im a student.   

What do you mean by "high res"

2560x1440 "retina"

yeah good idea (why didnt i think of that). but how long do you think itll take? guess answer is fine.

If you sell on eBay it'd take about a week or less, in person it's impossible to tell. 

RIP in pepperonis m8s

its a personal purchase. I just want something simple and nice.

edit: I dont play games so yeah.

if you don't play then why the hell do you have that high tier gaming pc in the first place?

I think you can get off with a better option rather than a macbook

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

If you sell on eBay it'd take about a week or less, in person it's impossible to tell. 

should i sell motherboard + cpu + ram? my ram is kinda rare and it might be hard to sell

How old is the system?

What do you mean by "half a year left"? Warranty?

Idunno man.. I'd say 750-800 depending on the age. Might stretch to 850 if the pc is relatively new.

yeah warranty

Hi.  Now that I use my computer for work more than games, I feel the need that I should buy a laptop. A mac specifically.   I need $949 and I am planning to sell my pc. specs are, core i5 4690k, evga sc reference gtx 780 ti, asrock z97 extreme4, corsair 300r, evga 600b, crucial ballsitix tactical tracer blue, and wb blue 1tb.   nothing has been overclocked (if that depreciates any value) and everything is in pristine cosmetic condition. oh and i forgot to mention that the gpu has half a year left (if that matters).  will i reach my price target? will it be better to sell the whole pc at once or by individual parts. thanks!

That is a decent machine you have there. You will regret selling it.

Intel i7-4790K Processor, 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3-1600 RAM, ASUS Z-87 Pro Motherboard, Corsair RM 750 PSU, 250 GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 2 x 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs, ASUS GeForce GTX 970 STRIX GPU, Corsair Carbide 500R Case, AFT Pro-77U Card Reader, Dell UltraSharp 24 Monitor – U2415, Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920, Windows 9 (Windows 10 with StartIsBack++)

why is this a requirement?

yes. for school I do use programs like photoshop (hs electives) and fl studio is nice with alot of screen real estate.

if you don't play then why the hell do you have that high tier gaming pc in the first place?

I think you can get off with a better option rather than a macbook

sorry i used to play games. i just edited it.

That is a decent machine you have there. You will regret selling it.

it isnt really.   780 tis arent fast and theres nothing amazing about my i5, doesnt overclock high.   my motherboard is pretty budget. my power supply is really budget and my case is very uhm "used".