Best Affordable headphones?

DannyRyu

No price point but the cheaper the better, I'd prefer a long term affordable headphones that are either active noise cancelling or they block noise some way.

thanks !!!!!!!

Needs some information about youre location aka where do you live ?

if youre in USA , ill look up headphones in US dollar currency.

(⌐■_■) 

Sennheiser Game Zero.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Needs some information about youre location aka where do you live ?

if youre in USA , ill look up headphones in US dollar currency.

Currency doesn't matter. but Japan

Logitech UE6000

Cosmic Council Department of Defense ; Interplanetary Class 3 Relations & Diplomatic Affairs - OFFICE 117

Headphones means a lot of things, what do you mean? IEM's, Open/Closed back over ear, on ear; also your budget and location?

The Audio Technica ATHA500's are quite nice for the price.

The Grey Squirrel

CPU: i7-6700k @ 4.8GHz - CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 - Motherboard: ASUS Z170-E - GPU:  ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL

Case: Inwin 303 - RAM: 4x8GB Corsair LPX Storage: 2x Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W

Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired / Bungee Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red Headphone: Sony MDR- 1R

Microphone:  Blue Yeti - Webcam: Logitech C920 - Monitors: 3x Dell S2415H 

He said :

headphones that are either active noise cancelling or they block noise some way.

Open-back headphones doesn't block any noise.

Cosmic Council Department of Defense ; Interplanetary Class 3 Relations & Diplomatic Affairs - OFFICE 117

Currency doesn't matter. but Japan

It does matter , it helps me find your location and find what is good .

any way , like i say : Never shy away from Philips headphones . the guys over there know there stuff.

The Philips SHL330/28  is a good choice if you don't mind it being a bit uncomfortable  ( all though the padding may vary from person to person ) 

Head-Fi review :  http://www.head-fi.org/products/philips-shl3300

and btw , next time , please have a budget . you made it a bit harder for me to know what is best .

Thanks and stay groovie :D

P.s you are soo luck because Final audio design is based there . 

(⌐■_■) 

No price point but the cheaper the better, I'd prefer a long term affordable headphones that are either active noise cancelling or they block noise some way.

thanks !!!!!!!

Price does matter. What counts as affordable to you may or may not be affordable to me. I recently spent $900 on a pair of in ears, and I would recommend them in a heartbeat, but I assume that that doesn't count as affordable to you. So please post a budget.

Since you're already in Japan though, take a look at the zero audio Carbo tenore. They sound amazing, and imo, they sound better than shure entry level earphones, and those start at $100. Oh, and in the us at least, the Carbo tenore is $35. See if you can find them!

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

okay under 200$, I was saving up so thats why I said no budget so feel free to go above 200$ slightly

okay under 200$, I was saving up so thats why I said no budget so feel free to go above 200$ slightly

If you're willing to get your hand dirty, you can end up with a pretty great sounding modded Fostex t50rp for under $150.

Or you could just buy the Mad Dogs modded one from Mr. Speakers for $270. 

V-moda M100, it's not a headphone, it's a tank

But rather uncomfortable.

And don't block out noise great due to semi open.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

PSB M4U 2s? Are those available in Japan?

Internets Machine: Intel 4690k w/ Be Quiet! Pure Rock 4.7Ghz. MSI Krait z97. 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Ram. MSI GTX 970 SLI 1520mhz. 500GB Samsung EVO 840  & 3TB WD Blue Drive. Rosewill 1000w Modular PSU. Corsair Air 540

My Beats Yo: Desktop:SMSL SA-160 Amp, KEF Q100 w/ Dayton 100w Sub Theater: Micca MB42X-C x3, MB42X x2, COVO-S x2 w/Dayton 120w Sub Headphones:  HIFiMan HE-400i, PSB M4U2, Philips Fidelio X2, Modded Fostex T50RP, ATH-M50, NVX XPT100, Phillips SHP9500, Pioneer SE-A1000, Hyper X Cloud 1&2, CHC Silverado, Superlux 668B

Logitech UE6000

I hated my UE6000s. The sound was pretty awful in comparison to my MDR V6s. And I got those for much cheaper. The comfort was not that good either. The pads were pretty hard. 

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

Kingston HyperX cloud 2's. Usually on sale for just under $100 U.S. and they do it all well.

Handing out TechRx's

As you're in Japan, you should be able to find a headphone store easily. They'll be able to let you try on various stuff and can probably point you in the right direction. It's always best to hear the sound for yourself, and feel how they fit. Everyone's preferences are different.

I hated my UE6000s. The sound was pretty awful in comparison to my MDR V6s. And I got those for much cheaper. The comfort was not that good either. The pads were pretty hard.

They're not supposed to sound anything like the V6, so that's not a fair comparison if you're in love with the V6's response. First I'm hearing about comfort issues though.

seems like a lot of choices and a lot of opinions :) Thanks ! I'll take a look at everything :D

I'm really liking 

ATH-A500X and Phillips SHL330/28 I also took a look at the Sony MDR V6, which one of these would you recommend for Gaming/Music and Maybe even Movies :D

I like my surroundings to be quiet and I'd love if the build quality is good because I've had some cheap headphones with the cords breaking and getting cut :( Thanks!

I'm really liking

ATH-A500X and Phillips SHL330/28 I also took a look at the Sony MDR V6, which one of these would you recommend for Gaming/Music and Maybe even Movies :D

I like my surroundings to be quiet and I'd love if the build quality is good because I've had some cheap headphones with the cords breaking and getting cut :( Thanks!

Well, I can vouch for the mdr v6 on the durability front... A friend of mine has had a pair for about 30 years, and they have been used just about daily.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

Well, I can vouch for the mdr v6 on the durability front... A friend of mine has had a pair for about 30 years, and they have been used just about daily.

quite amazing :D 

quite amazing :D

Yup :)

Hey! New SIgnature! 

would you know how it sounds as well?

Yeah, although there are plenty of reviews about it online. It's a relatively flat headphone, although the bass is slightly elevated (makes it easier to hear when mixing, as some lows will get lost with certain headphones.) The treble is slightly harsh for some, although I find it to be just fine. Essentially, it sounds like how the ATH M40/M50X should have sounded, but it's also more durable. I haven't spent a ton of time with them, so I would recommend that you take a look around online. 

Just so you know, for many years they were (and certainly still are, although to a slightly lesser extent) the standard in the audio industry for field recording, and mixing, etc. Basically every studio has had at least one pair pass through their doors. 

Hey! New SIgnature!