Angee, a neat little security system.

chubs159

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tomtu/angee-the-first-truly-autonomous-home-security-sys/description

Angee gives you a full 360° view of your home — with voice recognition, at-the-door identification, motion-detecting rotation, advanced learning, cordless portability, and a number of additional features, all without any subscription fees. Angee is a welcome addition to any space.

This thing looks pretty neat, but they never mention one of the things that conventional security systems do. Call the police. I'm interested to know if there is anyway to set it to call the police if it detects an intruder, or if it will just notify your phone and you would then call the police. They talk about the price of the product, but I'm interested in if you will be able to purchase their security tags separately, and how easy it is to connect them. Also with the security tags, will they notify you if the battery on them start to die, since they run on a AAA battery. Another potential issue I've thought about is with pets. Ever since I was a kid, I've had a cat and a dog. How will angee differentiate between a cat, and a cat burglar. It looks like a really cool system, but I do have these concerns about it.

kickstarter for something as serious as security is iffy. usually you want something proven from a company with a history of trust for these kind of things.

How will angee differentiate between a cat, and a cat burglar.

definitly the most important part, elsewhise police will show up to taze pet your cat lol

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D