Home Theater Wireless Surround Speakers

iamdarkyoshi

My new home needs a new speaker system. Nothing fancy. I cannot run audio to the surround speakers, just power. Any ideas? The front, center, and subwoofer are driven off of the AVR-20, an oldie but goodie receiver. 

My new home needs a new speaker system. Nothing fancy. I cannot run audio to the surround speakers, just power. Any ideas? The front, center, and subwoofer are driven off of the AVR-20, an oldie but goodie receiver.

They have things like this to use existing speakers

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000VEP3XO/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?qid=1443609463&sr=8-3π=SX200_QL40&keywords=wireless+speaker+adapter&dpPl=1&dpID=51hvIfkvTnL&ref=plSrch

But wired would be better

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

its a brand new home and they would need to run through the ceiling...

why? lmao just run them along the side of the wall on the floor and zip tie them, then drag them to where they need to go, use some thumb tacks and there you go, cable management without destroying the house.

CPU: i7 6700k @4.5GHZ | Mobo: MSI Z170 Gaming M5 | RAM: G Skill Rip Jaws V- 16GB | GPU: Sapphire RX 5700 XT | Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200RPM, Kingston SSD-now 100V+ 128GB, WD Black 600GB, WD Blue 500GB, Intel 600p 256GB nvme SSD |PSU:Corsair CX750M| Cooling: Corsair H60| Displays: 27" LG IPS277L, Samsung Curved 72hz Freesync 27 inch, Epson EX7220 Projector with 100 inch 16:10 Screen | Kb: Corsair Vengeance K70 | Mouse: R.A.T. 4 |  Case:  NZXT Phantom 410 (Red) | OS: Win 10 Home 64 Bit

its a brand new home and they would need to run through the ceiling...

That's how professionals do it.

thats a lot of work...

Not if you use duct tape :)

Or, those cable schroud things so you don't need to put it in the ceiling, just on.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

thats a lot of work...

It's less work than putting them through the ceiling.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

Not if you use duct tape :)

Or, those cable schroud things so you don't need to put it in the ceiling, just on.

its a brand new home. Duct tape or cable shrouds would be frowned upon by my parental units.

its a brand new home. Duct tape or cable shrouds would be frowned upon by my parental units.

Just run sleeves around the cables and stuff them along the edge of the wall. If you don't knock into them, you don't need to fasten them down at all. I fail to see why this is an issue at all.

Side note: the first thing my parents did when they bought a brand new model home was change things around to suit their tastes (they moved some walls, added a deck, etc.)

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)