Chimp Change Scam?

rex8

Someone on facebook was posting a way to make money. I never believe these easy money making jobs.. So I was wondering if this is a scam.. Here is what the person messaged me when I inquired about it.. I will need your cell phone number so I can send you invite. What you'll be doing is promoting an app called chimp change. Once you set up the account you'll receive $5. nd every person you invite you'll receive another $5/person! smile emoticon you're getting paid just for promoting the app.. Then when u get it set up let me know and I'll send u a $1 and then when u send it back that'll complete your first transaction and it'll add $5... And it's sent through the so. In a few days you'll get a prepaid card in the mail. Every time you add someone else you will receive$5  > What do you guys think?

smile emoticon I've already made $20 for the day

-RARE inc-

The grammar is atrocious. Of course it is.

It's also probably some sort of coin miner.

But how do you think they will try and scam me? By using my cell number for spamming me, or just by not sending me the money.. The girl sending me this is local, and I would love to catch her up. 

-RARE inc-

Someone on facebook was posting a way to make money. I never believe these easy money making jobs.. So I was wondering if this is a scam.. Here is what the person messaged me when I inquired about it.. I will need your cell phone number so I can send you invite. What you'll be doing is promoting an app called chimp change. Once you set up the account you'll receive $5. nd every person you invite you'll receive another $5/person! smile emoticon you're getting paid just for promoting the app.. Then when u get it set up let me know and I'll send u a $1 and then when u send it back that'll complete your first transaction and it'll add $5... And it's sent through the so. In a few days you'll get a prepaid card in the mail. Every time you add someone else you will receive$5  > What do you guys think?

smile emoticon I've already made $20 for the day

want a great way to make money ? give me 50$ and I will show you how. its 100% guarented the thing works !

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

But how do you think they will try and scam me? By using my cell number for spamming me, or just by not sending me the money.. The girl sending me this is local, and I would love to catch her up. 

want a great way to make money ? give me 50$ and I will show you how. its 100% guarented the thing works !

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

easy money = scam, trust me

I fully believe it's a scam, but want to play along like I'm clueless and use a text free number. 

-RARE inc-

Sounds like a pyramid scheme to me.

^

i7 4790K || R9 290X + R9 290 || 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1866 || Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 || Crucial MX100 256GB || WD Caviar Blue 1TB

^

If I don't pay any money, how is it a pyramid scheme? I have never fallen for a scam in my life, but would love to know more on how it works in this particular scam. 

-RARE inc-

The girl sending me this is local, and I would love to catch her up. 

UGH, come on man....................................

Do you realy have to ask about this?  :blink:

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Do you realy have to ask about this?  :blink:

Sorry. I was just curious to how it all works. I have never scammed anyone before. I understand now after reading about pyramid schemes. Thanks

-RARE inc-

Sorry. I was just curious to how it all works. I have never scammed anyone before. I understand now after reading about pyramid schemes. Thanks

Mark my words.

Nothing is for free. Strangers always want your Money.

Ignore anything in Internet you can´t 100% trust.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Mark my words.

There's nothing you can trust 100%

i7 4790K || R9 290X + R9 290 || 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1866 || Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 || Crucial MX100 256GB || WD Caviar Blue 1TB

I trust the US gov 100%.

Me too, there´s no Question that they will fuck shit up again.

Mark my words.

I never thought for a minute that I was actually going to do this, or fall for it.. I just wanted to know how it worked. I have enough street smarts to know that there is NO easy ways to make money like that. 

-RARE inc-

• 3 weeks later...

you guys are full of shit!! they are not giving you anything for free, they want you to use the prepaid card they give you, just like green dot or any other prepaid card.  I know because I have it and use it.  I also have received referral fees!  you should try new things once in a while, you might just learn something new!!!