How good are these CPU temps?

DannyDem

So my minumum  CPU temps range between 15-20Cº and my max (including when gaming) are around 30-40Cº... so despite not being a "pro" so to say when it comes to temps and such, I can tell that these are pretty good temps... but how good are they for example if I plan to OC and such?

Using a 6700K with a 412S CPU cooler.

GPU:Gigabyte G1 980Ti 6GB GDDR5  CPU:Intel i7 6700K 4.0Ghz + Cooler Master 412S RAM:8GB DDR4 Kingston HyperX Fury 2400Mhz (x2) Motherboard:Z170-A Krait Gaming HDD/SSD:1TB Western Digital & 120GB Kingston HyperX Case:NZXT S340 + 3x Corsair AF 140mm + 1x Corsair AF 120mm + 1x Corsair SP 120mm PSU:Seasonic M12II Evo 620W 80 Plus Display: Benq XL2430T 144Hz Sound: Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro & JVC SZ1000 + Schiit Vali + Fiio E17

jeez, thats really good 

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

Lil' question, do you live in Antartica? D: Not even outside there are 15°C...

rig: i7 4770k @4.1Ghz (delidded), Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz, ROG Maximus VI Hero, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA GTX980SC, Samsung 850 EVO 500GB, Corsair SF600, self-built wooden Case, CoolerMaster QuickFire TK, Logitech G502, Blue Yeti, BenQ GW2760HS

Not good: impossible. You may have a faulty sensor. There's no way your idle temps could be less than ambient. What are you using to check temps?

O.o seems like these are indeed good temps, great to know as I was a bit worried since I'm not using watercooling that the temps might be a bit high (I'm from portugal and temps can get hot sometimes)

Not good: impossible. You may have a faulty sensor. There's no way your idle temps could be less than ambient. What are you using to check temps?

I used both the bios temp monitor and CPUID

GPU:Gigabyte G1 980Ti 6GB GDDR5  CPU:Intel i7 6700K 4.0Ghz + Cooler Master 412S RAM:8GB DDR4 Kingston HyperX Fury 2400Mhz (x2) Motherboard:Z170-A Krait Gaming HDD/SSD:1TB Western Digital & 120GB Kingston HyperX Case:NZXT S340 + 3x Corsair AF 140mm + 1x Corsair AF 120mm + 1x Corsair SP 120mm PSU:Seasonic M12II Evo 620W 80 Plus Display: Benq XL2430T 144Hz Sound: Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro & JVC SZ1000 + Schiit Vali + Fiio E17

Unless you live in the north pole those temps are a bit to low even if you're watercooling, if you're fase cooling then ok, anyway if those temps are true then you could overclock it like crazy, my cpu is sitting at 40-45 degrees as I'm typing this so....

O.o seems like these are indeed good temps, great to know as I was a bit worried since I'm not using watercooling that the temps might be a bit high (I'm from portugal and temps can get hot sometimes)

I used both the bios temp monitor and CPUID

BTW if the sensor is faulty both the bios temp monitor and cpuid would show the faulty temperature as they are getting the temps from the sensor(s) placed around the board (motherboard that is)

As other have said you're golden. I keep my at load temperatures from crossing 60c, mid 70s is still considered safe.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

Simple test really - what's your room ambient temperature?

If your CPU temps readings are below that, you've got a problem with your sensors.

For example, I've got a top of the line air cooler (triple fan NH-D15s) my ambient today is 24c, and my CPU idled at 29c. (Lowest)

That sounds like faulty temps... either the air is super cold in your house, or the temp monitor (or software) is wrong. The CPU cannot be below ambient temperature, and with electric usage even with incredibly efficient coolers even on idle generally you can expect ~10C above ambient.

Simple test really - what's your room ambient temperature?

If your CPU temps readings are below that, you've got a problem with your sensors.

For example, I've got a top of the line air cooler (triple fan NH-D15s) my ambient today is 24c, and my CPU idled at 29c. (Lowest)

That sounds like faulty temps... either the air is super cold in your house, or the temp monitor (or software) is wrong. The CPU cannot be below ambient temperature, and with electric usage even with incredibly efficient coolers even on idle generally you can expect ~10C above ambient.

Unless you live in the north pole those temps are a bit to low even if you're watercooling, if you're fase cooling then ok, anyway if those temps are true then you could overclock it like crazy, my cpu is sitting at 40-45 degrees as I'm typing this so....

Room ambient temp is around 20 aswell..although I haven't gotten to a really hot day to see if the sensors are indeed faulty :(

If you saw 15°C on your temps and your room is 20 or so, you have a faulty sensor. That reading is flat out impossible. If your room is exactly 20, there's no way your CPU at idle is any less than 25, and more likely to be around 30-40 with your setup.

If you saw 15°C on your temps and your room is 20 or so, you have a faulty sensor. That reading is flat out impossible. If your room is exactly 20, there's no way your CPU at idle is any less than 25, and more likely to be around 30-40 with your setup.

Hmm either the sensor is faulty or must be a software problem then... gotta try it out with another program :D

Check in your Bios not through software.   We keep our house at 64F.  Which is about 18C.   My 5820K idles around 24-26C.  This is with 600mm of Radiator on it.  

Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

my 4.8ghz i5-3570k runs idle at 40c, and at load runs 73c. Your doing great!