Can't get Mic to work on 'new' PC!! HELP

Hey guys whats up!I have a really annoying problem with my mic.My 'newish' ivy bridge pc has been built for about 5 months now and i never really bothered to fix this until now but basically my crappy Logitech USB webcam works fine, camera and mic. But my iphone earphones DON'T work as just a MIC or as earphones/mic all in one. I'm using apple earphones because i havent bought my Astro A40's yet but probably eventually i will.
My Specs: 

• Intel Core i7-3770K
  • ASUS P8Z77-V PRO Motherboard
  • G.Skill Ripjaws-X 16Gb 1600Mhz
  • Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler
  • Corsair AX-760i Fully Modular PSU
  • Thermaltake Chaser MK-1 Full Tower Case
  • OCZ Vertex 4 256Gb SSD
  • Seagate Barracuda 2Tb 7200RPM 64Mb Cache Drive
  • Nvidia GeForce GTS 450 (TEMP CARD) Getting my 770 real soon.

So, my speakers with my pc work fine. No problems. Just plug into back Analog Audio and done! And when i need to use my iphone earphones at night or whatever it works fine as well. But i just can't get the iphone mic to work with my Dell Speakers, or the mic and earphones all in one. The webcam works fine as a mic but its terrible quality, so im hoping to be able to use my iphone earphones as a mic and use my speakers at the same time. My bios is at the latest update and i have all Asus Audio sound drivers and all that jazz but still not working. I've been playing around heaps with the audio control panels and realtek audio manager and still nothing. I also posted this on Tek Syndicate forum as im an active member their and one guy said to buy an audio splitter off ebay, that would split my earphones into a mic, or headphones. I ordered the one he said and i got it today and it still doesnt work!! I would really appreciate some help as its bugging the shit out of me. Thanks in advance!
-Peter

Update drivers. Also I see you are going to upgrade to a 770 wait for 9XXX series.

PCs have two 3.5mm jacks, one for audio in and one for audio out. The iPhone earbuds, as any earbuds with a mic, have a combo jack. Correct me if I am wrong, but the mic just doesn't work either way.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Update drivers. Also I see you are going to upgrade to a 770 wait for 9XXX series.

Update which drivers. Whens the 9XXX series coming out man??? I was just going to get the Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 3X 3Gb for $479

PCs have two 3.5mm jacks, one for audio in and one for audio out. The iPhone earbuds, as any earbuds with a mic, have a combo jack. Correct me if I am wrong, but the mic just doesn't work either way.

Yeah, i have been told that the reason it wont work is because its a combo jack, so thats why i bought the splitter and and it still doesnt work. When using the earphones for Listening (audio obviously) I plug them into my front Green Audio Jack. Then when i tried to use the earphones JUST for a microphone and speakers for playing audio. I plug the earphones into the Front MIC jack. With the splitter it has an input for me to put my earphones into and splits into 2 jacks with two ridges coloured Green. I've tried using both at once, 1 in the MIC port and one in the Audio, 1 in the MIC, 1 in the Audio, basically every combination.

Update which drivers. Whens the 9XXX series coming out man??? I was just going to get the Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 3X 3Gb for $479

September and your motherboard/mic drivers.

Sorry, but this belongs in Troubleshooting.

shiiiiet, sorry man, um how can i move it to troubleshooting???

September and your motherboard/mic drivers.

ok cool and I just checked the asus website and i have all the latest drivers

either the adapter you have is not compatible or it is a windows setting,  the win 7 (if that's what you have) has an awful interface for adjusting all the volumes and turning devices on and off, go to the control panel and go to the "manage audio device" and click on the recording tab and look at which device is default, change to the one you are using and also see if it is active or muted or something like that.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

ok cool and I just checked the asus website and i have all the latest drivers

Then I am not sure ^ this guy seems like he knows what he is talking about.

either the adapter you have is not compatible or it is a windows setting,  the win 7 (if that's what you have) has an awful interface for adjusting all the volumes and turning devices on and off, go to the control panel and go to the "manage audio device" and click on the recording tab and look at which device is default, change to the one you are using and also see if it is active or muted or something like that.

Yeah im thinking it either has to do with something win 7 settings (64bit) or the adapter itself. I already have been into the settings and changed it to default, and i also set it to 'use this device'. Believe me i've played around with it heaps, still no luck. And btw what link do i need to upload a photo in the comment. I have flikr and i have uploaded a photo of the settings and none of the share links work to paste it in here.

Yeah im thinking it either has to do with something win 7 settings (64bit) or the adapter itself. I already have been into the settings and changed it to default, and i also set it to 'use this device'. Believe me i've played around with it heaps, still no luck. And btw what link do i need to upload a photo in the comment. I have flikr and i have uploaded a photo of the settings and none of the share links work to paste it in here.

I  back click on the photo in flickr (although I use photobucket) and click properties, in  the tab that opens up there is the url for the photo, copy and paste that url into the box that appears when you click the photo icon in the tool bar of your reply box. Then the photo will be added to your post where ever your cursor was. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I  back click on the photo in flickr (although I use photobucket) and click properties, in  the tab that opens up there is the url for the photo, copy and paste that url into the box that appears when you click the photo icon in the tool bar of your reply box. Then the photo will be added to your post where ever your cursor was.I 

I've tried all the sharing links and all of them say that I'm not allowed to use that extension in the forum.

I'll just post the link.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/98843491@N02/9508714002/

that photo was taken before i switched the MIC to default device

I've tried all the sharing links and all of them say that I'm not allowed to use that extension in the forum.

I'll just post the link.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/98843491@N02/9508714002/

that photo was taken before i switched the MIC to default device

The mic on your webcam is selected as the default input device.  Click on the Microphone at the top of that box, the one that says "realtek high definition audio" under it in grey. And select that as the default, then it will use your mic instead of the mic in your webcam.

The mic on your webcam is selected as the default input device.  Click on the Microphone at the top of that box, the one that says "realtek high definition audio" under it in grey. And select that as the default, then it will use your mic instead of the mic in your webcam.

If you didnt see , the photo was taken before i switched the MIC to default device. I just pulled out my Webcam, put the splitter on my earphones and plugged 1 of the 2 jacks into my front MIC port. Still nothing man.

If you didnt see , the photo was taken before i switched the MIC to default device. I just pulled out my Webcam, put the splitter on my earphones and plugged 1 of the 2 jacks into my front MIC port. Still nothing man.

I wonder if your front audio port is enabled in the bios. or if the cable in the case is attached properly?

I wonder if your front audio port is enabled in the bios. or if the cable in the case is attached properly?

Well i think it might be because the Front Audio port works fine, just the Mic doesnt?? So that would rule out it being if the cable was attached properly right? Maybe one of the pins responsible for the MIC in the HD front audio cable is not in touching the mobo properly or sticking out? Might check that out.

Yeah, try the back port and/or on another PC. Only other thing I could think of is boosting the gain - sometimes cheap mics don't play nice with on-board sound.

shiiiiet, sorry man, um how can i move it to troubleshooting???

A mod has to move it to troubleshooting.  I've already reported it so maybe they'll eventually get around to doing that?

It's not a big deal but maybe try posting another thread in that sub forum (if this isn't moved by morning? evening?) to see if anyone else has an idea that we audio bozos haven't thought of.  ;)

This should be all you need.

http://www.amazon.com/StarTech-MUYHSFMM-Headset-Splitter-Adapter/dp/B0058DOWH6/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=VUHYF2O0OKWM&coliid=IGQ69HAHI2901

EDIT: after further reading.

did you get a stereo splitter or a 4pin to dual 3pin adapter?

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac