DLC is the cancer of PC-gaming...

B@ttery

So i fell on there and bought my FIRST real DLC pack on BF4. Because i feel that i need something new to play on that online. Also i haven't purchased dlc's on separately on any game. On PC what i have bought... So now my backbone hurt and i hear my self to regret that decision right away. When i push that download button. 

So is there any one else who, thinks that this DLC thing. Has gone out of controll, and don't still do DLC's? I promised to my self that, this one is the last one that i ever buy. Now i only focused on GOTY's now on.

Also i have started gaming on the PC's golden age of 90's. Back when there wasn't DLC's. And game's published on full game's plus some add-on's. What where mainly done very well and were reasonable priced. 

Failure is not an option!

Why is DLC a bad thing?

Its anything but bad if its priced right. 

Mind you this gives you a nice view on how EA has changed. They haven't even announced a season pass for Battlefront, and they've announced free DLC As well.

DLC's are fine when they're priced appropriately or are just given for free since the pack didn't make the launch day.

For example: 

Evolve is an example of what not to do with DLC. Even their base game is too high of a price for it's content, but lets not get on that.

Witcher 3 (so far) is an example of how to do DLC.

I think that there should be dlc but it should either be free or very very cheap

Depends. We call everything DLC now days but some game studios actualy make worthwile DLCs that are worth the price as they add a lot of content into the game and arent just skins, weapon packs or boosters. I guess the guys behind Train Simulator are not the ones though... €2300 just for DLCs and that is at 40% discount on Steam right now.. lol.

As long as nothing is cut out of the game to fill a quota for dlc, I'm fine with it. The problem is with day one dlc and when they cut features/content simply to sell as dlc at a later time. When it actually expands on an already self sufficient game, there's no problem and I would gladly pay for more content.

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

Skyrim was a great example of DLC.

I think the problem is just that EA is trashhhh

TheGrim123321

CPU: I3-4170Cooler: Hyper TX3Mobo:Biostar B85MGMemory: G.Skill Ripjaw 2x4GBStorage: Barracuda 500GBGPU: Zotac GTX660Case: Fractal 1100PSU: Evga 500WMonitors: FHX2153L 21.5"│V193WEJb 19"Keyboard/Mouse: CMStorm DevastorAudio: MonoPrice 8323Microphone: BlueYeti BlackoutOS: MSX(Win10) Quote me or @TheGrim123321 to get my attention.

DLC is good when it adds to the game. When DLC is instead used to finish the game, then it's crap.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

I have BF4 on ps4 so I can play with friends and we play on a server that has a massive queue and people with premium get to push in front of the queue. This means it takes on average 20 minutes to get into the server, which is bullshit. So we went and brought the premium edition in store, used the code and took it back and got a full refund.

There are some good DLCs but 90% of it is overpriced shit and was just ripped out of the game.

CPU: 6600K @ 4.6Ghz | COOLER: H100i GTX | MOBO: Asus Z170 AR | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid | RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB | 

CASE: Corsair 760T | PSU: Corsair RM750x | STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB & Seagate 2TB | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB | MOUSE: Deathadder Elite

Also i have started gaming on the PC's golden age of 90's. Back when there wasn't DLC's. And game's published on full game's plus some add-on's. What where mainly done very well and were reasonable priced. 

So you mean when a game was broken and there was no fix to it

Yeah that was the best time in gaming. 

DLC´s like the Skyrim ones are good, more like Adons.

Tiny Crap like Weaponpacks ect. are ridiculous and i would never spend money on this kind of shit. Or the Lords of the Fallen DLC with 1 fucking hour Playtime..hell no, no way i would pay for that.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

I miss the days when you would buy a game, go home and put it into your console or PC and just play it. First it was the online verification, then it was the small bug patch and on and on and on until today we have a situation where people sell games 90% finished or charge you 100% for 60% of a game then nickle and dime you slowly for the remaining 40%. 

I have BF4 on ps4 so I can play with friends and we play on a server that has a massive queue and people with premium get to push in front of the queue. This means it takes on average 20 minutes to get into the server, which is bullshit. So we went and brought the premium edition in store, used the code and took it back and got a full refund.

There are some good DLCs but 90% of it is overpriced shit and was just ripped out of the game.

post-104353-0-66991400-1443426971.png

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs. And the Universe trying to produce bigger idiots.. The Universe is winning"

(Gaming PC) CPU:- i5 4690k 3.5GHZ . MOTHERBOARD:- MSI G45 Z97 Gaming . CPU Cooler:- H100i . GPU:- ASUS Geforce GTX-780ti Direct CU II OC -x2 SLI . RAM:- 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 4x4GB . CASE:- Corsair 750D Obsidian Series . PSU:- EVGA SuperNova 850W Gold . FANS:- x3 Corsair AF120 RED LED, x2 Corsair AF120 (Red rings) .STORAGE:- Kingston V300 120GB (Boot Drive), x2 1TB WD Blues, x2 500GB Samsungs .

Spoiler

KEYBOARD:- Logitech G19. | GAMEPAD:- Logitech G13. | HEADPHONES:- Logitech G35. | MOUSE:- CM Storm Sentinel Advanced II. | JOYSTICK:- Saitek ST200. | RACING WHEEL:- Logitech Driving Force GT. | OTHER:- TrackIR 5 + Vector Clip | CounterStrike XXL Mousemat

How can you even make yourself buy an EA game when you see those 10 editions of one game which are nothing but cancerous DLCs  :(

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013).

Yeah Ubisoft is the example of how to do bad DLC's. CD Projekt Red is the right way to do DLC's. Also i didn't remember to mention that there is also right way to do DLC's. My apologies for that. And o'h yes EA has changed their policy on DLC and that's is good. But i have to say that, i would pay more on full game and not take that half polished game on full game price. Also i understand the need of DLC's for game's that are like BF4. When they do consider map pack's and something else. But these i don't like. Where you can buy gold pack's for upgrade weapon's or something, that would literally do right in that way you just game. Because in my youth you didn't have the option to pay to win. And you have to game on skill. 

How can you even make yourself buy an EA game when you see those 10 editions of one game which are nothing but cancerous DLCs  :(

I remember to think also that, when i tough't buying a BF: Hardline. 

I just grab GOTY editions of games when i can, see i had Fallout 3 base game when new as a retail copy, bought the GOTY edition on Steam sale under 5 quid lol.

REDLINECore i7 6700k 4.8ghz 1.37v.Noctua NH-u12s.MSI Z170A Gaming M7.16GB Kingston Hyper X Fury Black.MSI Gaming R9 390 8GB Crossfire + GTX 780 PhysX.Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD.Fractal Design Define R5 Midi Black.SeaSonic X Series 1050w Gold.Logitech G302 Deadalus Prime.Ducky DK2108 Zero Mech Cherry Blue.

I miss the days when you would buy a game, go home and put it into your console or PC and just play it. First it was the online verification, then it was the small bug patch and on and on and on until today we have a situation where people sell games 90% finished or charge you 100% for 60% of a game then nickle and dime you slowly for the remaining 40%. 

Yeah that's why i sold my PS4 and bought PS2 back. Now i can just play the freaking game i want. And i don't have to wait to download 5gb's day one patch. 

Depends how it's done rather than just being all bad. Battlefield 4 is 2 years old and is still going strong thanks to dlc.
Borderlands 2 dlc is also very good.

If it lengthens the games life then fine, but dlc that is prepared even before a games release is total shit.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

I just grab GOTY editions of games when i can, see i had Fallout 3 base game when new as a retail copy, bought the GOTY edition on Steam sale under 5 quid lol.

Yeah do that also mainly. But in this case it would be so dumb. Because then there isn't player's any more when they decided to put GOTY out... 

Omg reminds me of a problem i had with my Nintendo 64, i was in a very remote place and it took a lot of paperwork and clearance to get such an item but i went ahead and did it anyway. My N64 and the game i had ordered (maybe Majora's Mask or Perfect Dark) arrived and i went to play the game and it wouldn't work, turned out i needed the little memory module thingy that went into the cavity at the top of the console. I had to wait another 2 months for the little thingy to arrive so i could play my damn game!!!  :o

Yeah do that also mainly. But in this case it would be so dumb. Because then there isn't player's any more when they decided to put GOTY out... 

I activated my base copy of Arkham City on Steam.. instant upgrade to GOTY... best free DLC EVER

REDLINECore i7 6700k 4.8ghz 1.37v.Noctua NH-u12s.MSI Z170A Gaming M7.16GB Kingston Hyper X Fury Black.MSI Gaming R9 390 8GB Crossfire + GTX 780 PhysX.Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD.Fractal Design Define R5 Midi Black.SeaSonic X Series 1050w Gold.Logitech G302 Deadalus Prime.Ducky DK2108 Zero Mech Cherry Blue.

I activated my base copy of Arkham City on Steam.. instant upgrade to GOTY... best free DLC EVER

Those are the best, i have some game's also on Steam what do that. :)