DLC is the cancer of PC-gaming...

B@ttery

This again... DLC adds content to games that used to be finite, that's a good thing. It also allows for games to vary in price without locking anyone into a more expensive game than whats considered the industry standard.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

Map pack DLC is pretty lame, and pre-order/vendor-exclusive DLC is terrible, but DLC as a concept isn't inherently bad. Some DLC has been great, such as the two story DLCs for Dishonored or Buried at Sea for Bioshock Infinite. As with full releases, just wait for reviews to see if it's worth buying.

Map pack DLC is pretty lame, and pre-order/vendor-exclusive DLC is terrible, but DLC as a concept isn't inherently bad. Some DLC has been great, such as the two story DLCs for Dishonored or Buried at Sea for Bioshock Infinite. As with full releases, just wait for reviews to see if it's worth buying.

Buried at Sea has been mentioned! Kill it with FIRE!!!! LOL

Buried at Sea has been mentioned! Kill it with FIRE!!!! LOL

Why? I thought the gameplay in it (part 2 at least) was some of the best in that whole game. I didn't even think that was a controversial opinion.  :huh:

Why? I thought the gameplay in it (part 2 at least) was some of the best in that whole game. I didn't even think that was a controversial opinion.  :huh:

I found it, OK. I didn't regret the purchase didn't exactly find it a bargain. Mostly because it happened in the days of anti-heros, I get enough grief in my own life I don't need to be treated like the bad guy in my hobby too LOL. But that DLC did take FOREVER, not a bad thing unless you had purchased the season pass. Just saying "season pass" still makes me shiver...

I found it, OK. I didn't regret the purchase didn't exactly find it a bargain. Mostly because it happened in the days of anti-heros, I get enough grief in my own life I don't need to be treated like the bad guy in my hobby too LOL. But that DLC did take FOREVER, not a bad thing unless you had purchased the season pass. Just saying "season pass" still makes me shiver...

To be clear, my complaint with the base game is that Bioshock Infinite gives you an amazingly realized, detailed world to see in your peripheral vision, but then makes you play a linear arena shooter in it. Exploration is limited, to be generous about it. And not only does an arena shooter clash with the world they designed, it didn't even feel good as a shooter. The guns have no recoil or weight to them, and the enemies are bullet sponges.

The freedom afforded to you by the stealthy segments of Burial at Sea pt. 2 make a lot more sense. You have the freedom to explore and the ability to make decisions about how you approach enemies. It doesn't clash as much with their game world, so I found it more enjoyable.

€2300 just for DLCs and that is at 40% discount on Steam right now.. lol.

holy shit.. and i thought Sim3 was bad at $380..

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

Depends on how it's done and the quality of the DLC. There have been games I bought every DLC for and got my money's worth while other games I feel cheated. 

Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Steam | Twitch | YT | Build