No real internet, Time to go back to consoles?

JaeDee884

Recently I moved out and in my town we're out of ADSL ports. so it's actually impossible to get internet faster then dial up (even mobile broadband on the fastest provider isn't much faster) So i'm thinking of going back to my ps3 again.  
PC gaming has become so heavily internet focused, and i prefer to game with stat tracking, playtime counters, and social aspects and i can't really do that on PC without the internet easily, where as console gaming i can do all of that without complicated networking.
so what does everyone else think? preferably people who are happy on console and PC and not of the idea you should only use one. without stable internet, would you/ do you start using your console a lot more then your PC for gaming?

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

Not steam. Log in once and you can play any game.

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

I use to be a Console gamer and still am a little, once I go full PC I will never go back.

I can never go back to console multiplayer games unless they are exclusives like Killzone 3
for your situation, I think you can PC game fine, just don't play games like BF3 because everyone will rage at you because of frostbite being so glitchy and all this clientside- no server side stuff
plus, all those steam games :P

I use to be a Console gamer and still am a little, once I go full PC I will never go back.

You haven't gone full PC with a rig like that?

"6970X @ 6GHZ | Rampage VI Extreme X99 | GTX 990 12GB 8 Way SLI  2350MHZ Core Clock | 128GB Corsair Dominator @ 4266MHZ | 2x Corsair AX1500i 80 Plus Titanium | 4 Samsung 940 Pro 2TB Raid 0 8TB Total"

And you don't even have a wife anymore, so much wasted potential!

I used to play console, then I go I PC. I now only play console exclusives on the console now.

PS. It was a PS3

Aussie Aussie Aussie

I'm still enjoying some of my Steam games, but I don't have most of them installed, and at 87 KBps (fastest speed I've gotten so far) it takes a while to download my entire library. 

Been enjoying starwars battlefront 2 and my indie titles this last week, but i've played more ps3 this week then in the last month

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

It is never a good idea to go back to consoles. We must move forward with technology not backwards. :)

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

i got 360 and this shit depends on internet more than pc, some of the games requires internet to complete the game(getting all achivements) as a person with addiction of getting every achievement this is annoying .Im sure its like that with ps3 as well but if you are fine without all of the trophy's why not. PS:Get Last of Us its a pretty good game

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

It is never a good idea to go back to consoles. We must move forward with technology not backwards. :)

Totally Agree  :D

Aussie Aussie Aussie

Depends which console? If its a xbox 360 or ps3 dont. If its a like a wii or gamecube or NES then thats fine :)

What does it fucking matter what machine it runs on, as long as its a fucking good game????????????????

Mate if the games you want to play are on PS3, play on PS3...........If its on PC play it on PC..............Don't restrict yourself to playing on one platform like some of the PC fanboy muppets on here.

PC fanboys are so far up their up own arses, Makes me fucking ashamed i share the same hobby as them.

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

Depends which console? If its a xbox 360 or ps3 dont. If its a like a wii or gamecube or NES then thats fine :)

Well, I got a Wii, a ps3, and a ps2 on my entertainment system and a Sega Megadrive in the closet for when i have the urge to play altered beast :P

Now that I am experiencing pc gaming for the first time, I think I would cry if I had to go back to consoles for gaming. But there are few occasions where there are exclusives that I want to play on my ps3

Nzxt Phantom 410 - I5 4670k stock - 7950 vapor x @ 1000mhz/1250mhz - Msi Z87 G45 - 8gb Corsair Vengeance pro 1600mhz - TX650 - Benq XL2420t - Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 - Deathadder 2013

What does it fucking matter what machine it runs on, as long as its a fucking good game????????????????

Mate if the games you want to play are on PS3, play on PS3...........If its on PC play it on PC..............Don't restrict yourself to playing on one platform like some of the PC fanboy muppets on here.

PC fanboys are so far up their up own arses, Makes me fucking ashamed i share the same hobby as them.

I said that because the games that are on the xbox and ps3 are better online. Thats MY opinion.

dial up is terrible...

I am currently being throttled 80% after uploading a massive 1080p file to youtube 

heres my "throttled" speed just for yucks...

2899190414.png

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

dial up is terrible...

I am currently being throttled 80% after uploading a massive 1080p file to youtube 

heres my "throttled" speed just for yucks...

2899190414.png

I couldn't even load speedtest without it crashing my internet.

There's no need to be so aggressive. :)

Personally, I'd probably still use both. Some games on console won't work properly without an internet connection, likewise for some on PC.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

I used to be a console gamer like you, then my TV took a controller to the screen.