Microsoft’s new ergonomic keyboard and mouse

GoodBytes

Microsoft will release this month a new ergonomic keyboard and mouse, with an interesting futuristic look to them:

ergonomic-desktop.jpg

ergonomic-mouse.jpg

Microsoft says the keyboard was codenamed Manta Ray, because it apparently looks like one.

You can buy the keyboard and mouse separate or in bundle.

The mouse and keyboard combo will be available some time this month with an $129.95 US.

The mouse only will be $59.95 U.S.

The keyboard will be $80.95 US.

More pictures from The Verge:

DSC_0019_verge_super_wide.jpg

DSC_0016_verge_super_wide.jpg

Source: http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/p/sculpt-ergonomic-desktop/L5V-00001

Source: http://www.theverge.com/2013/8/13/4617468/microsoft-sculpt-keyboard-and-mouse-aim-for-ergonomic-cool

Interesting idea Microsoft, but only if it has mechanical switches...So this is pretty much just a membrane ergodox

What a rip off. I am just going to stay with my G9x and a mechanical keyboard, thank you very much.

It;s actually a pretty good price. Keep in mind that you have crappy membrane keyboard and good ones.

I think the keyboard looks ugly, is overpriced, that goes for the mouse as well!!! I don't mind the idea of a separate number pad...

For that amount of money you could easily buy a mechanical keyboard as another member has said!!!

I have never tried ergonomic keyboards. Are they any comfortable? Or does it just feel wrong?

They seem pretty decent honestly.

| GPU: GT 650M | CPU: i5-3210M | Excuse my language, sometimes I can be pretty vulgar.

wow, I'll stick with my current setup thank you very much.

To make things worse this announcement happened on Left Handed Day :p

0b10111010 10101101 11110000 00001101

meh microsoft needs to go mechanical in order for me to even consider buying one of their keyboards. As for the mouse, looks a little too small and the shape is a little odd. And i prefer wired mice over wireless so for me it's a no. I kinda wanna try one though, i mean look at it, typing on it seems like it would be quite different from a standard keyboard and also the space bar is cut in half 0_o

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

To make things worse this announcement happened on Left Handed Day :P

LOL.

I'll stick with my $14 Walmart keyboard :P

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

that mouse start button...

FX8320 4.2Ghz@1.280v& 4.5 Ghz Turbo@1.312v Thermalright HR-02/w TY-147 140MM+Arctic Cooling 120MMVRM cooled by AMD Stock Cooler Fan 70MM 0-7200 RPM PWM controlled via SpeedfanGigabyte GA990XA-UD3Gigabyte HD 7970 SOC@R9 280X120GiBee Kingston HyperX 3K2TB Toshiba DT01ACA2001TB WD GreenZalman Z11+Enermax 140MM TB Apollish RED+2X Deepcool 120MM and stock fans running @5VSingle Channel Patriot 8GB (1333MHZ)+Dual Channel 4GB&2GB Kingston NANO Gaming(1600MHZ CL9)=14GB 1,600 Jigahurtz 10-10-9-29 CR1@1.28VSirtec High Power 500WASUS Xonar DG, Logitech F510Sony MDR-XD200Edifier X220 + Edifier 3200A4Tech XL-747H 3600dpiA4Tech X7-200MPdecent membrane keyboardPhilips 236V3LSB 23" 1080p@71Hz .

Sorry for my English....

Interesting idea Microsoft, but only if it has mechanical switches...So this is pretty much just a membrane ergodox

Nice profile picture! Do you actually use it like that though?

I have never tried ergonomic keyboards. Are they any comfortable? Or does it just feel wrong?

It depends on you. Based on what I concluded based on my observation, people with large upper body prefer ergonomic keyboards, as your hands aren't crushing your side as you try to use a standard keyboard. Assuming you are using the keyboard without having your hands twisted, which is uncomfortable and not good for you.

If you are not wide shoulder, then it will feel strange and won't be able to get used to it either. It must be noted that there is a learning curve to them.

The price is actually good. Ergonomic keyboard with GOOD membrane cost money, especially that the low demand, increases cost.

And as a side note, nothing can move me away from my Ducky Shine II.

Yours isn't ergonomic, nor wireless.

$80 for a membrane keyboard?

-> Ergonomic keyboard cost more due to lower demand

-> It's wireless

-> Good membrane keyboard cost more (circuit, key design, and rubber)

-> It's "always" cheaper in stores. See Logitech and other Microsoft keyboard for examples

Because my edginess level isn't on par with Microsoft. I need to catch up!

COMIC SANS

It depends on you. Based on what I concluded based on my observation, people with large upper body prefer ergonomic keyboards, as your hands aren't crushing your side as you try to use a standard keyboard. Assuming you are using the keyboard without having your hands twisted, which is uncomfortable and not good for you.

If you are not wide shoulder, then it will feel strange and won't be able to get used to it either. It must be noted that there is a learning curve to them.

The price is actually good. Ergonomic keyboard with GOOD membrane cost money, especially that the low demand, increases cost.

I see, might pick one up then to try it out.

| GPU: GT 650M | CPU: i5-3210M | Excuse my language, sometimes I can be pretty vulgar.

LOL, what a shitty looking keyboard and mou..... Ooo Firefly on DVD

Got to love all that glossy finish, just waiting to look horrible after touching it never to be clean of finger prints.

I've tried keyboards like this. Back when that was a thing to have a raised wave design and separating the keys for each hand... I found it a poor typing experience as even though I try to type correctly, I allow my hands to wander based on what I am typing, or doing on the computer I adapt to where my fingers are placed on the keyboard to hit certain keys. (right there, my left index finger was the one which hit the H as my right index finger was busy hitting a different key at nearly the same time.)

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.