Should I Overclock?

LuX_

I've had my pc for about 8 months, I've never over-clocked before and don't know whether it worth it to do it.

I'm running an:

MSI Z97 MPower Motherboard

Asus Radeon R9 270X 2GB

Intel core I5 4690K

It is very easy to overclock the GPU just use MSI Afterburner. For the CPU i think you should overclock if you have good cooling, but i have never overclocked CPUs before so i am not shure.

We've now got three different subjects going on, an Asian fox and motorbike fetish, two guys talking about Norway invasions and then some other people talking about body building... This thread is turning into a free for all fetish infested Norwegian circle jerk.

Yep, what is the 4690k clocked at right now?

the default 

can anyone tell me how to over clock the cpu? and will the Asus GPU tweak software be good enough to overclock the GPU?

yep...

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

can anyone tell me how to over clock the cpu? and will the Asus GPU tweak software be good enough to overclock the GPU?

asus gpu tweak will work, and go to the bios for cpu overclocking

~dm

Yes you should overclock

otherwise you will make us feel sad

what are people buying MPower boards just because they're pretty nowadays?

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

asus gpu tweak will work, and go to the bios for cpu overclocking

Yeah but I have no clue what to do in the bios for the CPU overclocking, too scared to mess with it all xD

I would suggest using the motherboard bios to overclock, not any type of software in the OS. Also, make sure your power supply can handle it. Beyond that, yes, overclock.

there are plenty of overclocking guides out there on youtube and even on  this forum,you just have to dig,

~dm