Is there a difference between the Sennheiser HD 449 and the 439

Pokemonking81
Go to solution Solved by ShearMe,

I might do that and what Hyperx Cloud 1 or 2 the one is 80 and two is 100 the  Gemini HSR-1000 is 54 and the Takstar Pro80 are 78

Oh, you're not in Canada? Why did I think you were?  :rolleyes:

If you want to save as much money as possible, grab the Gemini. The Clouds come with more accessories and maybe better quality control, but are essentially the same headphone otherwise.

1 vs 2 - 1 has a cable extension with volume controller, 2 has a USB dongle with virtual surround sound. I'd say 1 is the one to get since it's cheapest.

Is there a difference between the Sennheiser 449 and 439 besides the ear cups,the look and do the different ear cups effect the sound  

Thanks 

Penguins or something random

Spoiler

(Main) Liquid Shadow V3 CPU: 5960x@ 4.7, Mobo: EVGA X99 Classified,RAM:G.Skill 16Gb 2666 ,GPU: 2 GTX 980Ti ClassifiedsPSUEvga Supernova 1000G1,Storage: Sandisk Ultra 2 480gb, WD Blue 1tb x3Case: Cooler Master Cosmos 2 25th Anniversary Edition 

Liquid Shadow V1 CPU4790k@ 4.7, Mobo: MSI Z87X-Power,RAM:G.Skill Sniper 16Gb OC@1866 ,GPU:  2 Sapphire 290x's watercooled, PSUEvga Supernova 1000G1,Storage: Sandisk Ultra 2 480gb, WD Blue 1tbCase: Cooler Master HAF X

Extra Rig: Cpu: 4790k@4.7, Mobo: MSI Z87X-Power, Ram: 32Gb Corsair Vengeance/G.Skill Sniper,  GPU: 3 GTX Titans, Psu: Evga Supernova 1300G2, Storage: Case: Cooler Master HAF X

(First Rig)The Enforcer: CPU: FX 8350@ 4.6,Mobo: Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3,RAM: HyperX 8gb @2133,GPU: Diamond Multi Media r9 290,PSU: XFX XTR 750, Storage: Adata Premier SP550 480gb, Case: HAF 912

Peripherals Razer Naga Epic Original, Razer Deathadder,Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum, Logitech G13, HyperX Cloud  

Is there a difference between the Sennheiser 449 and 439 besides the ear cups and the look

Thanks 

The Sennheiser HD 449 has a larger frequency range of pitches with a lower bass and higher treble output. It's important to note that, human ears can only hear around 20Hz - 20kHz, with the extreme pitches becoming less audible with age. from google lol

The Sennheiser HD 449 has a larger frequency range of pitches with a lower bass and higher treble output.

The 439 has more bass, less treble, removable cable and velour pads. It's definitely the better of the two, and the best value.

Frankly the whole HD4xx line sounds kinda bad, though.

The 439 has more bass, less treble, removable cable and velour pads. It's definitely the better of the two, and the best value.

Frankly the whole HD4xx line sounds kinda bad, though.

Thats exaclty what I just said..lol  But yah I wouldnt buy either of them Id just save and get 598's lol

Thats exaclty what I just said..lol  But yah I wouldnt buy either of them Id just save and get 598's lol

i looked at the 598, 558 and 518 but there open which is a problem because my house is loud 

Spoiler

(Main) Liquid Shadow V3 CPU: 5960x@ 4.7, Mobo: EVGA X99 Classified,RAM:G.Skill 16Gb 2666 ,GPU: 2 GTX 980Ti ClassifiedsPSUEvga Supernova 1000G1,Storage: Sandisk Ultra 2 480gb, WD Blue 1tb x3Case: Cooler Master Cosmos 2 25th Anniversary Edition 

Liquid Shadow V1 CPU4790k@ 4.7, Mobo: MSI Z87X-Power,RAM:G.Skill Sniper 16Gb OC@1866 ,GPU:  2 Sapphire 290x's watercooled, PSUEvga Supernova 1000G1,Storage: Sandisk Ultra 2 480gb, WD Blue 1tbCase: Cooler Master HAF X

Extra Rig: Cpu: 4790k@4.7, Mobo: MSI Z87X-Power, Ram: 32Gb Corsair Vengeance/G.Skill Sniper,  GPU: 3 GTX Titans, Psu: Evga Supernova 1300G2, Storage: Case: Cooler Master HAF X

(First Rig)The Enforcer: CPU: FX 8350@ 4.6,Mobo: Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3,RAM: HyperX 8gb @2133,GPU: Diamond Multi Media r9 290,PSU: XFX XTR 750, Storage: Adata Premier SP550 480gb, Case: HAF 912

Peripherals Razer Naga Epic Original, Razer Deathadder,Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum, Logitech G13, HyperX Cloud  

i looked at the 598, 558 and 518 but there open which is a problem because my house is loud 

Why don't you share your budget with us.

Why don't you share your budget with us.

50-75

Spoiler

Thats exaclty what I just said..lol But yah I wouldnt buy either of them Id just save and get 598's lol

no 598's are stupid.

The 558 are basically the same but cheaper.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

no 598's are stupid.

The 558 are basically the same but cheaper.

Stupid? If you say so.. You can get the 598's onsale for less then 558's so.

Stupid? If you say so.. You can get the 598's onsale for less then 558's so.

Stupid at normal prices.

It would be stupid to pay more for the 598

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Stupid at normal prices.

It would be stupid to pay more for the 598

Well its a better head phone. So I dont think its stupid at all. You can tellt he difference between the two. Sure it may be stupid to some. But I sure dont think so.

Well its a better head phone. So I dont think its stupid at all. You can tellt he difference between the two. Sure it may be stupid to some. But I sure dont think so.

It's not any better.

It's different.

I would pull up the graph but I'm on mobile

It's not any better.

It's different.

I would pull up the graph but I'm on mobile

It may not be better to you. Sorry I should of put imo.

yeah

It's not any better, just different, so better to some, worse to others, either way it should not cost more

Your opinion is wrong.

Your opinion is wrong.

I guess the thousands of people buying them are wrong also. .. Cant have your own opinion I guess now. Kids these days.. :lol: Just cause you dont think there better doesn't mean everyone's wrong .

I guess the thousands of people buying them are wrong also. .. Cant have your own opinion I guess now. Kids these days.. :lol: Just cause you dont think there better doesn't mean everyone's wrong .

Every heard of prestige pricing? It's a common psychological effect. Argumentum ad populum dismissed.

An opinion isn't valid if it isn't backed up by anything, such as facts.

Every heard of prestige pricing? It's a common psychological effect. Argumentum ad populum dismissed.

An opinion isn't valid if it isn't backed up by anything, such as facts.

Facts. How about trying them first.. :lol:  Go search google bud.. Plenty of people like them better not just me..Im not arguing you are. You cant take the fact the some people prefer 598's. Just like some prefer 449 over 439. Thats all the facts I need..

Facts. How about trying them first.. :lol:  Go search google bud.. Plenty of people like them better not just me..Im not arguing you are. You cant take the fact the some people prefer 598's. Just like some prefer 449 over 439. Thats all the facts I need..

You might like it better, but it isn't a better headphone in terms of being worth more thant the 558.

You might like it better, but it isn't a better headphone in terms of being worth more thant the 558.

That's your opinion...Obviously you think no one is entitled to their opinion. You think your the only one who knows whats best.  I already proved my point.. Yet you still argue that your right.. :rolleyes:

That's your opinion...Obviously you think no one is entitled to their opinion. You think your the only one who knows whats best. I already proved my point.. Yet you still argue that your right.. :rolleyes:

It's factual that they are no better.

They are different.

But not very different at all.

So to some they are better, to some they are worse.

But there should be no price premium.

That's your opinion...Obviously you think no one is entitled to their opinion. You think your the only one who knows whats best.  I already proved my point.. Yet you still argue that your right.. :rolleyes:

The 558 and the 598 use identical drivers and nearly identical enclosures. Remove a piece of foam and the 558 sounds even more like the 598. You're paying extra for a piece of foam to not be there.

But please, keep trying to tell me that you have a point.

50-75

I would suggest you stretch your budget a little bit and get the HyperX Cloud. Even if you don't need the mic, it is based off a good headphone design. The Takstar Pro80 and Gemini HSR-1000 are more expensive in Canada than any version of the Cloud.